When starting your decoration business it’s important to know how to buy wholesale clothing and apparel products from suppliers. In this video, John Santos discusses the questions you should ask before buying wholesale products for your decoration business. These questions will help you fully understand some of the common pitfalls when sourcing for wholesale fabrics or apparel, and will save you time and money.
Some questions you should ask:
- Does the supplier have a presence in your country?
- How to place an out of country order?
- Is this product available to the general public?
- Where are the products manufactured?
- What are lead times?
- What is a minimum order quantity (MOQ)?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they ship in bulk to the US?
- Do they have a wholesale presence in Europe?
- Can a sample be purchased before ordering in bulk?
- What are the payment term options?
- Are there discounts for full payment up front on bulk purchases?
- What are return policies/ restocking fees for wholesale orders?
- What are the delivery fees/ shipping methods?
- What happens if my product arrives late?
- What quantities do price breaks happen at?