Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Discussion on accepted DecoNetwork ideas.

More process modules

6 years 1 month ago #8532 by texpri
Replied by texpri on topic More process modules
ahh got it;) thx ruben

so in my case for garment engraving i would prefer deco makes a change of the uploaded pixel formats like images or logos into grey scale bitmap, best as half transparent grey scale to give the customer an idea of the look of the engraving on the Material surface of the template.

for vector formats i would like to have a color table from where customers can choose. this also means an upload limitation for maximum colors and again the converting of the uploaded vector file into the colors of my color table, in my case half transparent grey tones.

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8533 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic More process modules

texpri wrote: ahh got it;) thx ruben

so in my case for garment engraving i would prefer deco makes a change of the uploaded pixel formats like images or logos into grey scale bitmap, best as half transparent grey scale to give the customer an idea of the look of the engraving on the Material surface of the template.

for vector formats i would like to have a color table from where customers can choose. this also means an upload limitation for maximum colors and again the converting of the uploaded vector file into the colors of my color table, in my case half transparent grey tones.

You're asking basically what we already have, although you bring one important detail that it did escaped me, "TRANSPARENCY or OPACITY", basically the same thing, but I'll like to refer to it as opacity, yes we need an opacity slider so we can control the density look of the engraving depending in the material, this will help a lot for a better look by blending it with the engraved material, good one texpri, this is why is important the participation of all.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8539 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Re:More process modules
Production files

OK on the topic of production files. What format, style and color do you need the production file in? i.e. is it vector, all black?

What is a person uploads a photo - how is that presented as a production file? All black?

In my example it shows dark brown in the designer to simulate what it would look like on the product, but obviously you don't want the production file to be brown - or do you? :)

So your thoughts on the production file for:

- Vinyl
- Laser engraving

Feel free to attach sample files as well :)

Cheers.
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

6 years 1 month ago #8540 by brenden
ENGRAVING: Decoration simulation by color

Based on the feedback of allowing a decoration color by color, here is a concept:

Does this look correct?

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8542 by texpri

yes Brenden,
this concept would work with color mapping of the laser driver.

Andreas
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #8544 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic More process modules

texpri wrote:
yes Brenden,
this concept would work with color mapping of the laser driver.

Hi texpri,

Keep in mind what I was showing above was the DISPLAY color on the front end. In otherwords, what a customer sees when decorating. i.e. the brunt wood color or the gold color after the top layer is removed from the etching / engraving.

From what I can see in your attached image (and thanks for sharing it!!!) this is to determine production colors. i.e. depth of laser, burn etc. Correct?

So would you then suggest a second column that lets you select the color of the design in the production file for each color product? Then you can control the depth (power, speed, etc). i.e.

Cheers,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: texpri

6 years 1 month ago #8547 by stuey_jp
Replied by stuey_jp on topic More process modules
Hi Brenden,

Not sure whether you covered this but it would be great to be able to have an output file with the colours inverted and image reversed. I would use this for rubber stamps where the customer wants to see what they will be stamping where I need to remove rubber from the stamp.

I'll try to attach an image to explain my meaning. In the image red is a cut line and should not be inverted.

Cheers,

Stu

Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #8548 by texpri
Yes Brenden, that the best way to do it like you showed in the example with the produktion colors for the engraving power. lol

i would prefer to give the decoration simulation color a kind of half transparency.
maybe input as code with rgba.

if you engrave with laser a logo with different levels of power on a fleece garment, the engraving has a 3 dimensional surface that often looks like a kind of wet shading of the garment. a half transparency would be helpful to simulate this to customers.

Andreas

6 years 1 month ago #8552 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic Re:More process modules
For engraving - Brenden what you showed is good for simulation display in the designer. I'd also allow a color pallet option for items/areas that can be color filled.

For production files, my only request right now is that there is an option to keep things the same as today :-D

The reason I do proofs is because I do my own pre-production processing, especially for photos. If the front end simulates well enough I might be able to skip sending proofs for some items.

The other ideas are great too: allowing for color mapping, or inverting and mirror. I hadn't even thought that far ahead.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

6 years 1 month ago #8553 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic Re:More process modules
We use this software for pre-production processing and to make proofs:
www.photograv.com/pgexamples.htm

It is great for photographs and for cleaning up non-vector artwork that isn't 1-bit.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

6 years 1 month ago #8560 by texpri
Replied by texpri on topic Re:More process modules
im sorry to be limited in english therms but what i described as "switching in half transparent grey scale" is similar to sara's proof recommendation.
if a customer uploaded a file we just need a button to switch the artwork in a half transparent grey scale as a preview. we could set a back ground image for the item to be decorated and if its combined with a kind of half transparent grey scale version of an image of the artwork it might be similar to the proof option sara mentioned.
but for this its necessary to be able to set a pallet with rgba colors.
if it helps for a better understanding i can make a example of a UI over the weekend.
Brendan let me know what you think about it....
and haha again technically is just a change of the view in the designer and such things are easy to arrange with angular JS with less code, hope the coding people have this in mind,

Andreas
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8563 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic More process modules

stuey_jp wrote: Hi Brenden,

Not sure whether you covered this but it would be great to be able to have an output file with the colours inverted and image reversed. I would use this for rubber stamps where the customer wants to see what they will be stamping where I need to remove rubber from the stamp.

Hi Stu,

Would you in general see rubber stamp as a whole different decoration process in DecoNetwork? This way you can configure it separately from vinyl, engraving, etc.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

6 years 1 month ago #8564 by brenden

texpri wrote: im sorry to be limited in english therms but what i described as "switching in half transparent grey scale" is similar to sara's proof recommendation.,

Hi Texpri,

So to clarify the semi-transparency is only on-screen designer preview for the customer in an effort to make the simulation more real? And the production file will be 100% solid as it is currently.

I can see this being a designer setting against a decoration process, where possibly you could even set the transparency percentage (10%, 20%, 30%, etc)

Is this correct?

Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

6 years 1 month ago #8565 by brenden

sajego wrote: I'd also allow a color pallet option for items/areas that can be color filled.

Sara could I kindly get you to clarify this a little more? Do you mean you will create a defined color palette that could be used to pick:

a. The 'Decoration simulation color'
b. The 'Production color'

Is this to ensure consistent colors are picked?

If not, please correct me :)

And I hope in general you all don't mind my lots of questions. Important for us to fully understand your needs so we can shape the platform of your dreams!

Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8566 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Re:More process modules

brenden wrote: Production files

OK on the topic of production files. What format, style and color do you need the production file in? i.e. is it vector, all black?

What is a person uploads a photo - how is that presented as a production file? All black?

Brenden

I'll like the production files as submit it by the customer, I'll do the necessary changes depending on what needs to be engraved, although black is the most used for vectors, as for photo I don't want it to be change to black, again I'll want the original photo upload it by the customer, photos need especial manipulation in each different photo, first you need to adjust lighting, contrast, sharpens etc. then you run it thru a software that converts it to a 1 bit dither algorithm (patterned bits of pure black and white that simulates grayscale) see sample bellow.

Also in my example bellow shows another situation where can be very difficult for Deco to automate since it needs to be pure black and white, no shades of gray (grayscale) this has to be done by hand using the best choice to decide which colors needs to be black and which to be white, per example the color red has been converted in part to white and others to black, so this is another reason to receive the original files for us to manipulate them as need it.

The production files I would like them in layered PDF or .cdr

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds