Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Discussion on accepted DecoNetwork ideas.

More process modules

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8568 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Re:More process modules

brenden wrote:

sajego wrote: I'd also allow a color pallet option for items/areas that can be color filled.

Sara could I kindly get you to clarify this a little more? Do you mean you will create a defined color palette that could be used to pick:

a. The 'Decoration simulation color'
b. The 'Production color'

Is this to ensure consistent colors are picked?

If not, please correct me :)

And I hope in general you all don't mind my lots of questions. Important for us to fully understand your needs so we can shape the platform of your dreams!

Brenden

Since I'm the one who brought up color filling I'm to answer this one (hoping you're reading my posts)

There should be a color palette setup for this since it will be dependent in the colors we decide to have available (could be gold, silver, red, blue and black as an example) by us for the customer to pick as an option that will be an extra charge. I post a wine box that I did gold color filling to it so you would understood the term color filling (I hope you're not filtering my posts, I already answer most of your questions previously)

You can see the box here www.deconetwork.com/forums/accepted-idea...modules?start=6#8510

The simulation colors should be for us to set up in the backed and yes it would be nice to have an Opacity (transparency) slider or some way to apply it at different levels, but what it would be great is if you could introduce "Blending Modes" like Multiply, Screen, Overlay, etc. this would render a more realistic simulation, the Multiply blending mode gets rid of the white and blends nicely to the substrate, see the difference bellow, you can even see the grain of the wood.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #8575 by texpri
Replied by texpri on topic Re:More process modules

brenden wrote:

texpri wrote: im sorry to be limited in english therms but what i described as "switching in half transparent grey scale" is similar to sara's proof recommendation.,

Hi Texpri,

So to clarify the semi-transparency is only on-screen designer preview for the customer in an effort to make the simulation more real? And the production file will be 100% solid as it is currently.

I can see this being a designer setting against a decoration process, where possibly you could even set the transparency percentage (10%, 20%, 30%, etc)

Is this correct?

Brenden

yes Brenden thats what iv tryed to say,

thank you
Andreas.

Andreas

6 years 1 month ago #8861 by DanC
Replied by DanC on topic More process modules

brenden wrote:
Keep in mind what I was showing above was the DISPLAY color on the front end. In otherwords, what a customer sees when decorating. i.e. the brunt wood color or the gold color after the top layer is removed from the etching / engraving.

From what I can see in your attached image (and thanks for sharing it!!!) this is to determine production colors. i.e. depth of laser, burn etc. Correct?

So would you then suggest a second column that lets you select the color of the design in the production file for each color product? Then you can control the depth (power, speed, etc). i.e.

Cheers,
Brenden

Hi, any update on the implementation of this?

Thanks

Dan

6 years 1 month ago #8871 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic More process modules
Hey all,

Actually I've been meaning to schedule up a Google Hangout to discuss options. I'm thinking sometime next week in the afternoon US Pacific time.

In the Hangout i'd like to clarify some points on vinyl, laser etching and transfer to identify the quickest way to get our development out in stage one.

If you would like to join this interact hangout please reply to this post.

Thanks!
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

6 years 1 month ago #8873 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic Re:More process modules
Definitely in

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenden

6 years 1 month ago #8879 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic More process modules
Us pacific time? are you trying to tell me something? :P

I don't have a camera in my PC, perhaps with my phone or can I just participate with just audio?

If I'll make it, there will be a nice mix of accents. :silly:

Ruben

6 years 1 month ago #8880 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic Re:More process modules
Rubin, you're awake now, so no big deal ;)

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

6 years 1 month ago #8883 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Re:More process modules
Sara,

yes... I think I'm awake... LOL

But some times i have to do stuff at different unknown times, but there is a higher percentage that I would making it. ;)

Ruben

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8885 by DanC
Replied by DanC on topic Re:More process modules
Hi Brenden, I may not be able to make the session myself, but what you describe below is exactly what we would be looking for as a Laser Engraving process:

So for example in our case:

if the Engraving Color options were set to :

Product Color: Red
Decoration Simulation Color: Red

If someone then chooses a Red product to engrave, any text & images uploaded are displayed in the Designer as varying shades of red - ( red scale - would that be the correct terminology??) )

brenden wrote: ENGRAVING: Decoration simulation by color

Based on the feedback of allowing a decoration color by color, here is a concept:

Does this look correct?

Further to this it would absolutely ideal if the production ready artwork could be sent as a greyscale - ready for processing on the laser - but I understand if that's a step too far !

Cheers

Dan

6 years 1 month ago #8926 by customle
Replied by customle on topic Re:More process modules
I REALLY need a search function in the image libraries.

6 years 4 weeks ago #8935 by giftswp
So, I guess no Google Hangouts then.

We just staid hanging in here... :silly:

Ruben

6 years 3 weeks ago #8980 by StitchPrint
Replied by StitchPrint on topic More process modules
Are we in danger of seeing a vinyl / flock printing tool shortly .............? :whistle:

6 years 3 weeks ago #8983 by giftswp

StitchPrint wrote: Are we in danger of seeing a vinyl / flock printing tool shortly .............? :whistle:

You know... I was very afraid that this dangerous thing could've happen in September, someone threatened me the month before, but I just find out it was a bluff... so now I'm feeling very safe... I'll say don't worry you will be safe for some time like usual, just relaaaaaaaax.

:P

Ruben

6 years 2 weeks ago #8993 by giftswp
Brenden,

I hope you didn't took offense from my accent comment in this previous post , I made that comment thinking in my own fractured English accent, I know you also have natural accent from your country... I just wish I had your accent instead of mine, I'm just trying to figure it out why you mysteriously stop posting, since then you're just like a ghost, are you ever coming back and be communicative like you suppose to be? I know you mentioned "transparency" but I don't like this kind of transparency, you need to be more opaque, we need your presence. :)

Ruben

6 years 1 week ago #9097 by DanC
Replied by DanC on topic More process modules

brenden wrote: Hey all,

Actually I've been meaning to schedule up a Google Hangout to discuss options. I'm thinking sometime next week in the afternoon US Pacific time.

In the Hangout i'd like to clarify some points on vinyl, laser etching and transfer to identify the quickest way to get our development out in stage one.

If you would like to join this interact hangout please reply to this post.

Thanks!
Brenden

Hi Brenden, any updates / news with the laser process module?

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds