Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Discussion on accepted DecoNetwork ideas.

More process modules

5 years 11 months ago #9598 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic More process modules
I got stuck at a roller derby team meeting.

Who took minutes and will share them? :)

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #9599 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic More process modules
I believe Brenden is going to post the details here, some exiting stuff, I'm sure it can be better than we spoke about, but if they implement what we discussed then I'm a happy camper, now the question is, when would be ready? hopefully sooner than later. :)

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #9687 by Fowler Imaging
Replied by Fowler Imaging on topic More process modules
So is there any indication on time line to add the vinyl and transfer modules?
These are the main processes I use and right now I am fighting the site to try
to get the site up and running.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #9733 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic More process modules

Fowler Imaging wrote: So is there any indication on time line to add the vinyl and transfer modules?
These are the main processes I use and right now I am fighting the site to try
to get the site up and running.

Joe


I also would like to know that, but I'm having the feeling is not going to be any time soon, lets see what Brenden says about it. :)

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #9736 by barrycarter
Replied by barrycarter on topic More process modules
Joe,
See the attachment for a short term fix.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #9756 by StitchPrint
Replied by StitchPrint on topic More process modules
:( On the vinyl module you need to sort the production file to download with vectors :( Just wasted 3 hours trying to solve an issue by having a store that doesn't produce a file we can pop in to a plotter / cutter.
Ended up having to redraw the whole thing :(

I'm guessing this module will take longer than hoped for. A timescale would be nice as I reckon it's almost worth disabling printing on line as it's such a hassle with a website that doesn't support our basic production functions! :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #9759 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic More process modules
Brenden,

based in Stich's experience I think that adding the ability to detect the graphic to be vector or bitmap before they actually place the order would be great and at the same time give the customer the option to cancel or to submitted for a quote on the vectoring (digitizing or whatever the best term is) of the graphic.

Also could you post the points we discussed to be implemented in the vinyl module, so others can give us their input and opinion?

Thank you.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #9762 by Fowler Imaging
Replied by Fowler Imaging on topic More process modules
Really wish I could have been in the meeting the other night.

From what I can see Vinyl mode and Screen print mode are almost identical.
In screen print, we can limit colors and file types. Also as far as bad art, that is 80 percent of art that I see anyway, we simply inform the customer that there will be a fee to trace and correct the artwork. Especially since most vector art being put out by new artist is simply layers and layers stacked.

So in the mean time before all of the perfection is worked into the modules I would be satisfied with a simple duplication of both the DTG module and the Screen print module, as far as the Screen print module is concerned I would like it duplicated twice, once to configure for Vinyl and once for Signage. Some people would call it Laser, Vinyl, stickers, Banners, Dye Sub, Signage, POP, POS, but they would all be covered.

If they are simply duplicated. I can then also setup multiple modules doing the same thing if I choose, in vinyl oracal 651 has 52 colors and oracal 951 80, most people don't want to spend 24 dollars a square foot on vinyl when they can spend 12, but saying short term vs long term signage give an immediate up sale.
I sell shirts and tags mostly. But I sell signage also so have developed a network of other shops that specialize in things I don't. I have at least 10 shops in town that want an affiliates site from me if I can supply them with online signage, mostly banner production. Then they are more than happy to take a 15% commission on the shirts and let me have all of those customers. So I can have 10 built in sales companies three of them have 3 or more salesman working for them.

I have a huge problem with the organization of all of the art going into the same directories, EMB, Black Line Vectors, Full Color Vectors, and PNG should all be sorted into four different places. So drop down menus can display a specialty easily for noobs like me. I appreciate all of the free art work especially the emb, that is one of the main selling points, vector black line is especially important. And I understand that the creator does not show the process unless it is allowed on that product so simple duplication of the module, would allow us to define its name and define the file type and would partially eliminate my complaint on the art. Also wouldn't the designer not seeing so many fonts and designs at one time stop some of the crashing? I don't know about you but my little I7 and 16 gigs of ram still need a little time to populate a folder with 1200 3-7 meg PNG's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #10780 by StitchPrint
Replied by StitchPrint on topic More process modules
Where's that bloody vinyl module ...............................? :P

Update please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #10796 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic More process modules
We are making incremental steps towards vinyl.
We are currently reworking the color counting code (also required for screen printing) so the designer can automatically count the number of colors and render accordingly.

This will be released prior to vinyl so screenprint can benefit.

Once that has been completed we will move onto the extra pricing rules + designer rules.

Still quite a bit of code to get through. however we are working away at it.

Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, StitchPrint

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #10797 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic More process modules

gregp wrote: We are making incremental steps towards vinyl.
We are currently reworking the color counting code (also required for screen printing) so the designer can automatically count the number of colors and render accordingly.

This will be released prior to vinyl so screenprint can benefit.

Once that has been completed we will move onto the extra pricing rules + designer rules.

Still quite a bit of code to get through. however we are working away at it.

Greg


Thanks for the update, Greg.

Do you happen to have an estimation for the color count feature? I don't do screen printing, but that is the module that I'll be using for the work around for vinyl in the mean time.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #10799 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic More process modules
If i was going to thumb suck i would say 6 weeks.

We are redoing the pipeline for text and graphic recoloring to use SVG. This means it will be super quick and live editing. The server based text and recoloring is just to slow , especially when you have a grouped object and try recoloring. You will still be able to use the old pipeline if you want.

I will keep you updated as we progress.

Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, Direct Trade UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #10800 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic More process modules

gregp wrote: If i was going to thumb suck i would say 6 weeks.

We are redoing the pipeline for text and graphic recoloring to use SVG. This means it will be super quick and live editing. The server based text and recoloring is just to slow , especially when you have a grouped object and try recoloring. You will still be able to use the old pipeline if you want.

I will keep you updated as we progress.

Greg


First of all... thank you for responding, Greg. (this is the kind of feedback the we need)

Since you guys are a dedicated and hard working bunch it means that it may be even sooner... GREAT!

Vectors all the way! it sounds like is going to be just great, keep up the good work guys!

Again, Thank you.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #10922 by alexheap
Replied by alexheap on topic More process modules

giftswp wrote:

gregp wrote: We are making incremental steps towards vinyl.
We are currently reworking the color counting code (also required for screen printing) so the designer can automatically count the number of colors and render accordingly.

This will be released prior to vinyl so screenprint can benefit.

Once that has been completed we will move onto the extra pricing rules + designer rules.

Still quite a bit of code to get through. however we are working away at it.

Greg


Thanks for the update, Greg.

Do you happen to have an estimation for the color count feature? I don't do screen printing, but that is the module that I'll be using for the work around for vinyl in the mean time.


Just out of curiosity ruben, using screen printing for vinyl, how will you make that work. Its great because of the colour count but you also lose the team name function?? im guessing youd rather have colour count rather than team names...

Alex Heap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #10925 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic More process modules
Alex,

that is something I'm debating my self with, I was hopping that, that functionality could be also added it to rhinestones for example. but in the case of screen printing been the only one with this feature in the meant time we get the actual vinyl module, then yes I would sacrifice the team names option.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexheap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum