× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

Global network issues

3 years 9 months ago #8219 by brenden
Hi all,

Over the past 24 hours the internet has experienced global disruptions due to a routing issue that seems to have started in North American and spread slowly around the world. In summary the Internet is getting too big and not handing the traffic.

As a result some service providers are experiencing routing issues. The issue unfortunately is not related to DecoNetwork which means we have no control over any possible access issues your internet service provider may have with your website. The issue is major and widespread and you can read more by following these Reddit threads.

www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/2dc...major_network_outage

www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin

You can also read more in this detailed article about the global issue www.zdnet.com/internet-hiccups-today-you...eres-why-7000032566/

We will post updates on this issue as we learn more on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/deconetwork and update our blog at blog.deconetwork.com .

Cheers,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

The following user(s) said Thank You: mattnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #8256 by sajego
Blblblblblb....

my favorite comment from reddit was:
"Yeah anyone have a news article or anything for laymen. All these charts and graphs make sense to us, but telling someone "The internet is broken" doesn't fly far*.
*when facebook is up"

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

3 years 9 months ago #8279 by brenden

sajego wrote: Blblblblblb....

my favorite comment from reddit was:
"Yeah anyone have a news article or anything for laymen. All these charts and graphs make sense to us, but telling someone "The internet is broken" doesn't fly far*.
*when facebook is up"

HAHA Yeah. I can relate! I was told I was talking "BS" in another forum when a customer got very upset. I can understand, their business relies on a solution like DecoNetwork. And yes when Facebook it is tough to convince people the web is broken. However when you understand how the internet works it actually makes sense.

Still bloody annoying though! :)

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

3 years 9 months ago #8296 by StitchPrint
Not the first time we've all been affected either, what's it? Twice in about 3 weeks?

3 years 9 months ago #8299 by brenden
Yeah which doesn't give me hope it won't happen again unless companies like Comcast and others don't upgrade their hardware.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds