× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

Area based pricing for price tables - Shh... don't tell anyone

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #13253 by brenden
Shh... don't tell anyone! :whistle:

A quick heads up that in the next release V7.0.17 we are including area based pricing for price tables.

You can define a price table to use Standard pricing or Area based pricing.

With Area based pricing selected, you can define:

- Product quantity
- Number of areas used
- Price per sq. cm / inch.
- Set price by actual graphic area or bounding box of graphic

Check out www.deconetwork.com/blog/area-based-pric...bles-new-to-v7-0-17/ for more information.

As always this is just stage one and will grow and improve with your feedback!

Cheers,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jared, sajego, EvaK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #13527 by EvaK
Attachments:

2 years 5 months ago #13538 by brenden
haha...

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

2 years 5 months ago #13541 by jared
Thanks B

2 years 5 months ago #13553 by Cortez
First of all, this is awesome. Secondly why the H cant we dictate our production times base of decoration type...........I can do any DTG order in 48hrs but I need 7 days to do 100 screen printed shirts...........so lets just pick a standard production time of 3.5 days and piss some people off and make others really happy and lets not talk about how may conversions we miss because of one or the other.

If I have somehow missed the memo on how to do this, I will voluntarily wear the dunce cap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego, texpri

2 years 5 months ago #13558 by brenden

You don't need production time by process...

Ahh who am I kidding... that won't work..

Task raised: DNC-11717 Existing issue and I'll see the effort to implement. You could also start a User Idea around that as well to get votes up.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjstamper

2 years 5 months ago #13560 by Cortez

brenden wrote: You could also start a User Idea around that as well to get votes up.

Brenden, that's where good ideas go to die, no offense :grin:

What amazes me most about this subject is that it's not inherent. I mean one of the most amazing things about deco is it's ability to handle so many different customizable products/ ideas. From cups, tshirts, signs, socks etc. You keep adding additional decoration processes.....which is good but somehow in all this mix you have decided that we can just pick a generic production time for all this.

DTG==>SCR==>Transfer. 3 different ball games, 3 different production times. Very common to find in a lot of shops.....

2 years 5 months ago #13760 by EvaK
Can someone please explain how area #1, #2 or additional areas pricing is used, alternately, it would also be great to have a manual. That's searchable. All great software companies have that.

Anyway, my way of thinking for area based pricing was that there are price breaks and 1 set of price up to 25 sq. in then another price up to 100 sq. in.

How does your version work?

Thanks,
Eva

2 years 5 months ago #13770 by ccruz
Hey Eva,

The area count rows work similar to how they do on a standard pricing table. The pricing for area #1 will apply to the first area decorated on by the customer, the pricing for area#2 will apply to the second area decorated on so on and so forth.

We are aware that some would like to set design size levels, unfortunately that isn't included in this first release for area based price tables. We will continue to improve on this over time. :D

-Cris

2 years 4 months ago #13833 by Abiding
Right now I am stuck trying to figure out how the pricing in the designer is calculated especially for the embroidery with using the price table. Is it based on sq inches or cm?

2 years 4 months ago #13842 by brenden

Abiding wrote: Right now I am stuck trying to figure out how the pricing in the designer is calculated especially for the embroidery with using the price table. Is it based on sq inches or cm?

Hi,

There are two places where pricing is used in DecoNetwork for embroidery. The first is for custom digitizing which is 'per sq inch' pricing method. This is configured under Manage Fulfillment > Settings > Decoration Pricing > Embroidery.

The second is the cost of sewing an embroidery design on a product. In this pricing method area based pricing is not available. In embroidery it uses a stitch count method to calculate the price.

Regards,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

2 years 4 months ago #13844 by Abiding
Yes. I understand that but still can't figure out how the price is broken down. In the left column, is that supposed to be a number to represent 1000 stitches? What is the price in the tables based upon. There is really no instruction on how to do this and I have already spent hours trying to figure it out. I am sure it is obvious to some people but the obvious thing for me is not working out. I am getting ridiculous pricing in the designer. If I add a letter of text it jumps the cost of the item by $20.

thanks.

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #13845 by brenden
Hi,

Your price table should be labelled to tell you what each of the columns represent. i.e.:

So in the top green row you set your quantity break ups.

The next row is stitch count. i.e. if a design has between 7000-7999 stitches and used on a quantity of 30 products then in my price table it will be $6.00 per product.

Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

Attachments:

2 years 4 months ago #13849 by Abiding
Brenden
Ok. That confirms what I thought but wasn't sure. It seems to work now. I was getting thrown off by the far left column not getting set to the right numbers at first but when I went back into it the numbers were corrected.

Thanks.

2 years 4 months ago #13850 by brenden
Great! And no problem :)

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

The following user(s) said Thank You: Abiding

Time to create page: 0.677 seconds