× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

Responsive website, designer and home page widgets

3 years 4 months ago #15052 by brenden
Hi all,

I wanted to share a high-level update on the plans for DecoNetwork 8.

We've committed for our next release, DecoNetwork 8, to deliver a responsive website framework, responsive designer and flexible home-page widgets and our team has been actively developing this since last year.

Responsive website
The new website templates have been coded from the ground up to be completely responsive. This will include all the widgets and panels that sit within it. It will be responsive across all pages and give the user a seamless and beautiful experience across all devices.

Responsive designer
We're created a completely responsive designer. This is not just a designer which can be viewed on a mobile (we have that now) but a truly responsive designer to give the user a functional experience on their device. As it is currently you will be able to customize the look and feel of your new responsive designer using custom CSS.

Home page widgets
We've had many requests for more flexible home page widgets that allow various functions plus enable you to add multiple widgets where possible. We're committed to doing this for DecoNetwork 8.

In DecoNetwork 8 will you be able to add multiple widgets on the home page, such as blank products, content, stock designs, etc. plus we're after your feedback on NEW widgets you'd like to see. For example, customer testimonies, product or design categories, etc.

Please give us your feedback!
Your feedback will help drive these improvements so please share what you hope to see with the new widgets. Of course we'll share screen shots and demos of the new themes plus designer once our designers make them look beautiful and conduct online workshops to get your input and feedback for improvements.

These improvements are just a small slice of what DecoNetwork 8 will offer and look forward to sharing more with you over the coming weeks.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Justin86, teejunction1, sticky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #15054 by teejunction1
Replied by teejunction1 on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Thank you for the update. We can't wait.

This question will be sure to come up again and again. What's the timeframe like? Talk of Deconetwork v8 has stretched back almost 2 years with nothing much to show for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent, gustavo

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #15055 by brenden
Hi there :)

Many of the features planned for "DN8" have been released over the years. We don't hold them back. We could bottle them all up and give a big release every year but were prefer to release as developed. Some big items which require huge infrastructure changes like a new framework can't be released easily in bits. Things just don't plug together :) So over the past two years we've had 20+ release which have included a lot of new features. Just the big stuff that literally takes years to architect are reserved.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 4 months ago #15056 by DigiTees
This is exciting.

But I'm pretty sure you didn't answer the question Brenden. When will it be released?

For the widgets, definitely customer testimonials, product categories, and a gallery would be great. Will there be a blog function?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent, gustavo

3 years 4 months ago #15058 by 2LiveCards
Multiple product category widgets - YES!

Product Category Widgets - YES!

Blog that works - YES!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sticky

3 years 4 months ago #15059 by 2LiveCards
Just a quickie on widgets; Some make sense within the body of the page, Some make more sense (maybe) in the column - if (like us) you've got personalised columns will it be possible to get around this with html &/or CSS?

3 years 4 months ago #15060 by infrared
Anything is possible with html and css. you just need to be creative and find a good work around for the issue.

3 years 4 months ago #15063 by hanming2033
Replied by hanming2033 on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Is it possible to give us a demo link. so that we can see the progress and new functionalities. This will help in the development and reduce some of the tension in the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent

3 years 4 months ago #15064 by gustavo
+1 for timeframe please.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #15069 by brenden
No release date at this time. Once we get a better understanding of this we'll share. Likewise, once there is a skinned demo we'll also open it up for testing.

P.S. We've been working on this behind the scenes for over a year now and it is our main focus and priority. But we can't wait to share it with you and will as soon as we can!

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 4 months ago #15115 by paradoxsc
Brenden! Last time we spoke you said I would be able to beta test the new SVG designer in a week or two, that was over a month ago. Since this update wont be live for a while, can you go ahead and release that beta, like today? My designer right now is hurting my business because it doesn't have color detection, so when someone uploads or designs say a 3 color they only get charged for 1 and its hard to call them and say we need more money after the order is paid. Plus the functionality is soooo much smoother and faster....pssst! I stole the link off the video and messed with your testing site version. :o

I'm planning on launching a huge ad campaign soon and would like that SVG designer to be in place before I drive all that traffic to my site. PLEASE BUD, WE NEED THIS!!! I promise I won't bug you about V8 anymore, but you should drink at least one per day :silly:

3 years 4 months ago #15117 by brenden
Understood and stoked you really like it! It's not at a stage for active production use yet. As you can imagine when dealing with complicated CorelDRAW templates and other template we need to handle these in SVG so lots of testing still happening. You have my word you'l be on the top of the list to get early access.

More likely it will be a separate site for testing initially, then once that is passed open for general beta on production sites.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #15118 by Thread Cred
Replied by Thread Cred on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Hey Brenden,

I just came across on the go sports with a custom coded designer:

While it has some features that are specific to their business, the over all UX design is excellent. From what you have shown to date the new DN SVG designer seems to be focused on the back end re-coding of the technology behind the current one, rather than the all important UX. It would be great to get the crowd involved to make the most of the opportunity to get some fresh thinking and updated UX design as well.

3 years 4 months ago #15119 by brenden
Hey Mike,

Yeah I caught them on Shark Tank the other night Did you see it?

Actually our new designer has a completely new UX. What you saw was just the technology (engine) side but we are doing a whole new UI / UK.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 4 months ago #15120 by Thread Cred
Replied by Thread Cred on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Yes watched the show over breakfast this morning.

Really looking forward to putting the thinking cap on to help with the designer UX

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds