× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

Responsive website, designer and home page widgets

3 years 3 months ago #15272 by brenden
That's correct.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #15288 by Direct Trade UK
Replied by Direct Trade UK on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Hi DecoNetwork,

The new widgets, are they only available on the Home page or can they be used on other pages including custom pages?

Do you have any more information on how products will be displayed on a page?

We need a better way of handling decorated, blank and non decorated products, to the customer they are all just products and I believe they should all be treated the same initially on a front end page, with options to click through to the product details, Designer or Cart as now. All product types should be able to share and be associated with the same category / multiple categories.

We need to be able to choose what goes on a page and have it displayed to the customer as one fluid display;
• Want Decorated only; select a category / multiple categories to display on the page.
• Want blank products only; select a category / multiple categories to display on the page.
• Want non decorated products only; select a category / multiple categories to display on the page.
• Want a mixture of all three product types; select a category / multiple categories to display on the page.

Want control over the order of the displayed products;
• Sort the products within a category as we can now
• If multiple categories are displayed; be able to select the order the categories are displayed.
• Even better, allow drag and drop sorting of products on a page.

Is any of the above being worked on already for V8?

Thank for the recent updates.Can’t wait for V8.

Andrew

3 years 3 months ago #15289 by brenden
Hi there. Let's talk on the phone about your ideas. Then we can summarise it here Sent you a PM in Tapatalk.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 3 months ago #15290 by brenden
Hi there. Let's talk on the phone about your ideas. Then we can summarise it here Sent you a PM in Tapatalk.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 3 months ago #15295 by hanming2033
Replied by hanming2033 on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets

Direct Trade UK wrote: Hi DecoNetwork,

The new widgets, are they only available on the Home page or can they be used on other pages including custom pages?

Do you have any more information on how products will be displayed on a page?

We need a better way of handling decorated, blank and non decorated products, to the customer they are all just products and I believe they should all be treated the same initially on a front end page, with options to click through to the product details, Designer or Cart as now. All product types should be able to share and be associated with the same category / multiple categories.

We need to be able to choose what goes on a page and have it displayed to the customer as one fluid display;
• Want Decorated only; select a category / multiple categories to display on the page.
• Want blank products only; select a category / multiple categories to display on the page.
• Want non decorated products only; select a category / multiple categories to display on the page.
• Want a mixture of all three product types; select a category / multiple categories to display on the page.

Want control over the order of the displayed products;
• Sort the products within a category as we can now
• If multiple categories are displayed; be able to select the order the categories are displayed.
• Even better, allow drag and drop sorting of products on a page.

Is any of the above being worked on already for V8?

Thank for the recent updates.Can’t wait for V8.

Andrew

Agree!!!
I believe a easier way is to use tag.
Product Categories: T-shirt, Hoodies, Mugs
Product Type: Blank, Decorated
Design Type: Construction, School etc.

Same thing for Designs... use tags

I believe it will be easier to code using tags and it can achieve the same results.

3 years 3 months ago #15296 by hanming2033
Replied by hanming2033 on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
As for the design functionality. I believe the best in the market is Inkxe. demo.inkxe.com/magento/product-designer?...&pt=55&store=1&qty=1
I don't think Deconetwork can beat it but lets try be as good as we can.

I am not saying Inkxe is better, Deconetwork has many good stuff that Inkxe doesn't.

BUT... too many functions may overwhelm the customers.
Inksoft on the other hand is a good direction we should head to. demo.inksoft.com/demo/DesignStudio/Home#/artLocations
I really like the easy alignment guides.

One more thing... Please add mirror image function to the new designer.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

3 years 3 months ago #15297 by 2LiveCards

brenden wrote: Hi there. Let's talk on the phone about your ideas. Then we can summarise it here Sent you a PM in Tapatalk.

Ring me! B)

3 years 3 months ago #15299 by brenden
PM me your details!

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 3 months ago #15300 by Represent

hanming2033 wrote: As for the design functionality. I believe the best in the market is Inkxe. demo.inkxe.com/magento/product-designer?...&pt=55&store=1&qty=1
I don't think Deconetwork can beat it but lets try be as good as we can.

I am not saying Inkxe is better, Deconetwork has many good stuff that Inkxe doesn't.

BUT... too many functions may overwhelm the customers.
Inksoft on the other hand is a good direction we should head to. demo.inksoft.com/demo/DesignStudio/Home#/artLocations
I really like the easy alignment guides.

One more thing... Please add mirror image function to the new designer.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I use Inkxe on my site www.thesixdollartee.com It works very well and is pretty good on mobile. They use the customize button on the prior screen to determine how to load the designer based on screen size. It does have a lot of limitations with its order download app and other things.

3 years 3 months ago #15301 by brenden
PM me your details!

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 3 months ago #15302 by printlockermar
Replied by printlockermar on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Have we all looked at uberprints.com designer? If we could replicate that it would be a WINNER

3 years 3 months ago #15303 by Represent
who are you wanting to PM you Brenden?

3 years 3 months ago #15313 by sajego
Uberprints.com does look amazing. Probably custom made for them? They have a .net developer job posting listed.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

3 years 3 months ago #15317 by printlockermar
Replied by printlockermar on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
As I mentioned before Uberprints easily the best designer online, but must sau Inksoft not far behind. How would we go replicating either of those two Brenden?

3 years 3 months ago #15336 by Klazine
Look forward to 8.

FYI for all... IT folks tend to be overly optimistic on release dates. I was in the IT world for over 30 years and always underestimated the number of unexpected gremlins.

There is an old programmer saying, "Users provide test load". I would rather not be a tester. :-)

My vote Benden is: Give us clean code even if it takes a bit longer. :-)

J

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds