Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

Responsive website, designer and home page widgets

3 years 10 months ago #15532 by DigiTees
I agree, we were waiting patiently this time last year!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #15533 by giftswp

Represent wrote: We only have a couple of months to prepare for the holiday season, I Hope Deconetwork is going to make a push to get us in a good position for our mobile sells.

All I can say is that for me it sounds like a Deja Bu all over again this year, not to be negative but a realist, I don't think is going to be released this year, over the years I have learned to read Deco responses (not to mention names). mark my words, but if we get lucky it would be releasing on about 2nd Quarter of 2017, I really, really liked to be wrong, but I don't like the tone of Deco responses. :unsure:

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: jared, Represent, ahendrick, deertrackdesign

3 years 8 months ago #15872 by deertrackdesign
Replied by deertrackdesign on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
I love the backend functionality of deco to a point. Attempting to add decals and custom items are a real challenge. However I have been watching the forum a couple of years. I am now paying $240+ for my subscription each month and barely get orders on my site. I really have kept deco for the backend and the affiliate stores. However I think if something is not finalized by early December 2016 I may need to leave. I need a good clean website template that will have everything I want on it without having to drop $3-7k on it, also with better responsive mobile. I have had to concentrate now on etsy sales instead of directing to my site. I kinda feel ashamed to direct people to my site. I represent having 2 DTG machines and how I can print state of the art type printing and my site skin is horrible. I need the full package. I guess I will start prepping for December and then make my decision. For $250 a month other places, I could get an awful lot.

3 years 8 months ago #15876 by charlievman
Replied by charlievman on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
I am unfortunately in the same boat. I have been with deco for about three years now. I'm just not getting what I need and my site looks ridiculous. I actually teach a class, for screenprinting, and every month I recommend this software to anywhere from 15 to 20 new businesses. I've tried to make things better and make my site look nice but I just haven't been able to get anywhere with deco. I hate to leave but unfortunately I think I'm going to be forced to leave in December as well, and start somewhere else for 2017

3 years 8 months ago #15878 by giftswp
Hopefully, by December we will get version 7.5 which will have some nice features, this will help us calm down a little :grin: , then we would have to wait a quarter or two more of next year for V8 (this is my own guess, hopefully, they will release it earlier), someone from Deco can fill us in an estimated date for the release of V8?

Ruben
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahendrick

3 years 8 months ago #15879 by deertrackdesign
Replied by deertrackdesign on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
2 more quarters??? Not for me. I am not going to wait 6 more months for them to update something to 2015-2016. Think about how far everyone else will be ahead of them. I really really want to wait, but its getting a bit out of hand.

3 years 8 months ago #15880 by giftswp
Like I said, I believe there is going to be an update before this year ends, but not V8, also that is just my own guess... I do understand your frustration, believe me, I have been waiting 4 years, I would like to quit on them too, but I already waited for so long and invested a lot of money to quit now, I strongly believe that is going to be worth the wait.

Ruben

3 years 8 months ago #15881 by Represent
I have seen v8. It is awesome. The admin back-end is far ahead of any of deco's competition. The designer is very mobile friendly. Not sure when they plan on releasing it, seems like only small bugs remain, but i'm not a developer.

3 years 8 months ago #15882 by ahendrick
I have to agree with many of the points on here as of late. We also have been waiting for this update for sometime as our websites, especially the designer, need massive help. I also feel very frustrated as we are in the same position as last year, hopes of a mobile responsive site with an awesome mobile designer. and still noting. We can't afford to wait any longer and loose business with a site that can't keep up with the competition and trends. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Google will boost SEO rankings for sites that run completely on HTTPS beginning 2017 . Is this something DN8 will offer? A full HTTPS site with our OWN domain name?

3 years 8 months ago #15886 by charlievman
Replied by charlievman on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
has anyone tried Printavo and could report their experience ?

3 years 8 months ago #15912 by charlievman
Re Printavo, been demoing, and I gotta say, its not bad at all. QB and Shipping integration is slick. Status management too.

3 years 8 months ago #15916 by EvaK

deertrackdesign wrote: 2 more quarters??? Not for me. I am not going to wait 6 more months for them to update something to 2015-2016. Think about how far everyone else will be ahead of them. I really really want to wait, but its getting a bit out of hand.

Pretty much the same with me.
I'm too losing the will to live as soon as I have to setup something in Deco. Canadian options are limited, cannot use catalogues at all, lucky if I can find an item listed and customize it.
No live ordering, manually have to set up every item in products.
I have 3 selling levels, because I cannot set the selling price by % based on actual cost, I have to update everything X3.
Cannot save embroidery information [actual thread used, hoop size, color programming] on the backend only use Trueview for the mockup, have to keep separate system for accounting, and production.
DTG file accepted is Kornit only, with Brother, out of luck there too.
Cannot use latest Corel version, have to backsave everything to upload to the BH
And let's not forget shipping, live shipping is limited to UPS and I need to provide options to choose from like Canada Post and Purolator.
Did I say record keeping is minimal, on every level.
And on top of all that, the site does look like shite.

It's a workaround, all the time and I don't have the luxury of time and/or patience to wait it out any more.

3 years 8 months ago #15917 by deertrackdesign
I am basically giving until the end of the month and then I am out. Tired of waiting.Everyone has the same issues and complaints.. That should resonate. 2 years to wait to catch up to modern day. What if everyone else comes out with something else, I dont want to wait another 2 years.

3 years 8 months ago #15918 by sticky
good we are young in the deco and we want to develop new projects that we develop, we are sure that you will do good things with DN8, we expect short your news

3 years 8 months ago #15922 by hanming2033
Replied by hanming2033 on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Same here.. Been with Deco for almost 2 years.. Waiting and Waiting..
1st Dec will say goodbye if dont see anything attractive enough.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds