Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

Responsive website, designer and home page widgets

3 years 8 months ago #15923 by charlievman
Replied by charlievman on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
I think after three years of this, i can also commit to December. I am also a little surprised at the lack of interest in this thread that the admins have.

I am a 'grandfathered' account, having been with Deco for about three years, I am still on the $150US plan, which is now the $999US plan. Boy I hope nobody is paying a grand for this thing...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #15926 by deertrackdesign
Replied by deertrackdesign on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
I hate ranting and raving about it, but go back and look at this entire thread. Look at what everyone was asking and look at what all of the responses were and when..
The following user(s) said Thank You: EvaK

3 years 8 months ago #15928 by EvaK
It's easy to put it in perspective: we all run a business and responsible for all aspects of said business, no matter what. My word is the backbone of my business. If I don't deliver consistently, I'd need to keep looking for new clients all the time.
Let's say you have an employee or contractor that promises, promises but doesn't deliver, or very slow to delivery. The product you have is mediocre and all you have is more promises.
What do you do?

3 years 8 months ago #15929 by 2LiveCards

EvaK wrote: And on top of all that, the site does look like shite.

That's an interesting one, What's the address? The reason I ask is I got the usual promotional call of one of the development companies offering me the world .......... I pointed them to my Deco site & he said "WoW, That's a great looking site" It's had a minimal bit of CSS done on it & the rest is the current out of the box - nothing like what we can achieve when 7.5 pops out of the box!

I didn't consider mine to be all that fancy, I go for simplicity over gimmicks and being honest the responsive designer does nothing for me at all - The biggest plus on deco by a million miles is business hub, but that's maybe because we aim at B2B rather than chasing the one-off once a year buyers?

3 years 8 months ago #15935 by 2LiveCards

deertrackdesign wrote: I am now paying $240+ for my subscription each month and barely get orders on my site.

How do you generate traffic to your site? There's no content on there - the G suggestion now is around 250-400 words of rich content per page to have an effect.

Also, You don't seem to have a "home page" that tells anyone anything about the company, it goes straight to a create page (?) and with about 100 T's in the unisex style list alone it's hard work concentrating on getting to the create / order part. It would (I guess) be a total nightmare if you were scrolling through all of them on a mobile.

It just doesn't seem very user friendly!

3 years 8 months ago #15936 by 2LiveCards

charlievman wrote: I'm just not getting what I need and my site looks ridiculous.

Have you got more than one site or is the one from your email address the only one?

3 years 8 months ago #15937 by deertrackdesign
Replied by deertrackdesign on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Website sales are not counted on as bread and butter. It's there as an outlet only. This day and age if you rely on that only, you will sink, especially in the DTG world. However, the affiliate stores is another large outlet for me. They all have a super basic site. I want them to have a mobile friendly site along with an easy format for them to use. Not all of them understand where to start. The home page isn't all that important. How many sites on your phone do you take time to read about the company? Or do you just get to work? Most people don't care about amazon or eBay, they just got on with the business they have. If you utilize customer segmentation and break up your customers and forecast new customers, most are self sufficient and that's before you get into age break down. The millennials understand how to manipulate the site, however want something flashy, the older generation want something easy yet inviting. Without paying someone to do a ton of CSS, then you wont have that with the basic templates, even the clean ones. Then there is the back end. I have stated many times that I do like it and it's functional. Have you ever attempted to create a non catalog item with categories and drop boxes? It's a nightmare. Next, lets talk about QB integration. it's been in beta for a year. How many other companies have the API done? Even etsy has that... not to mention shipstation integration. Shipping a few hundred items per day is not fun when you have to manually type in the addresses. I dont want to export to excel, then import and map into shipstation, that's more time than is needed. I would rather click a sync button, let it all sync, type in the proper weights and ship, then have it automatically upload the tracking number seamlessly to the order.

So again, it's not all just the front end issues, there are a lot of other features that should be there for $240 per month. Shopify and many others have it without having to code a ton to make it functional.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlievman

3 years 8 months ago #15938 by charlievman
Replied by charlievman on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
handclap, fistbump

3 years 8 months ago #15939 by 2LiveCards

deertrackdesign wrote: not to mention shipstation integration. Shipping a few hundred items per day is not fun when you have to manually type in the addresses. I dont want to export to excel, then import and map into shipstation, that's more time than is needed. I would rather click a sync button, let it all sync, type in the proper weights and ship, then have it automatically upload the tracking number seamlessly to the order.

You've a lot of different points in there, Some I can see but just picking this one out, If you're shipping a few hundred items a day via your website (or is it via business hub?) I'd be throwing some cash at the CSS to have look it appealing for sure!
As a potential customer I certainly want to know something about you before I spend my money & (as I understand it) Google starts your sitemap at "home" and ranks from there based on content etc. which is lacking totally.
You can segment & forecast until the cows come home but if people can't find you, or find your competitors instead, it won't help.
If your affiliates are doing a ton of work for you it's probably word of mouth that's generating those orders?

3 years 8 months ago #15940 by 2LiveCards

charlievman wrote: handclap, fistbump

:laugh:

3 years 8 months ago #15941 by deertrackdesign
if you are a new customer, you are going to look all over the web and see what the business is. You are going to sniff out instagram, fb , fb business, where I work, my name associated with anything else, what hashtags are out there and youtube. Then you are going to take that data and weigh it against your immediate needs. Very rarely are people who are online shopping are judging by how well an about us are written. Actually I can go to Fivvr.com and pay $5 to someone overseas who can write me a killer intro and about us, but that doesnt show anything. Social media drives people to the websites, ask Pintrest. My money would be better spent writing a good intro on etsy and instagram vs the site. However I do agree that it is important, just not the main focus.

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #16002 by hanming2033
Replied by hanming2033 on topic Responsive website, designer and home page widgets
Hi guys,

I have been with deconetwork for 2 years. When I sign up, they promise that the responsive designer and as you and I know.. It never comes.
2 weeks ago, I decided to give up on Deco. However, the thought of losing business hub really scares me. Then I did some research on the options that other platforms provide. And OMG, there is a much bigger world out there.
Below is the results I have found over the last 2 weeks.

1. Good Designer - InkXE
Ok, First thing first, what is the most important we are missing. A GODD DESIGNER! There are many online designers out there(I have been looking for alternative for god knows how long). Inksoft is not bad but it is still subscription based and they only operate in USA(ridiculous). The rest of the self-hosted ones just couldn’t make it, from the look or backend functions.
I have been watching InkXE for a year. They always have new features every now and then.
So, I have decided InkXE is the way to go. Their designer is amazingly good.
a. If you know InkXE, you can go to point 2. If you don’t, here is what they offers. Not exhaustive
i. Ability to create custom printing method
ii. To work with point i, You can assign properties to each printing method e.g. I have a decal printing method, I only want certain font to be on it. I only want certain colors or designs to be available to it.
iii. Built in order management system within your preferred hosting platform, like Magento, Prestashop; They also have their own desktop application
iv. Pricing setting
v. Font, Artwork management, fully configurable
vi. Upload own FONT!
vii. Moving on to designer functions: WOW! Text on Path, Text Cloud, Image Mask, Name & Number, Image Filtering, Vectorize!, Free hand drawing, QR Code and a lot more, flipping, reduce color.
Here is their main site: https://inkxe.com/
b. Here is one of their client's site. They didn’t use all InkXE functions I believe. iSlide

2. Hosting Platform
Once, I decided to go for InkXE, next thing is what ecommerce platform I should go for. I don’t want to have a subscription based model. So Shopify is out. The other best 2 alternatives are Magento and PrestaShop. From my research, Maganto 2 is not as stable yet, and their add-on management is quite complicated. PrestaShop on the other is catered to small or medium biz. Their backend management is much easier to use. Their module is also cheaper.
Prestashop: https://www.prestashop.com/
Add-On: PrestaShop Add-On I will go into the add-ons below.

3. Multi-Store - Affiliate Store
Prestashop offers built in multi store function. And there is an add-on to restrict different admin to different store/s. With that we can create unlimited affiliate stores at no cost.

4. Crowdfunding and Fundraising Campaign
Needless to say, Deco has this feature, you guys are know what it is.
Here is the module. addons.prestashop.com/en/18841-crowdfunding.html I literally browse through all the modules one by one to find this.

5. Business Hub Alternatives
If you do a search on their modules page, ERP or Order Management. You will find a lot of good ones. Yes, we may not find an alternative to replace business hub with because biz hub is designed strictly for printers. But These backend modules(Add-On) can provide other functionalities their business hub cannot. Automation and integration with other softwares. LIKE Quickbook :D

6. Built-In Blog Add-On
Some of you may know that we can integrate my wordpress blog to our own domain. It requires SSL on our blog domain, that one barrier. And this way of managing blog is just to troublesome.
After writing a blog, we want to schedule and share it but it is just to troublesome. Sharing is troublesome if we want to schedule it.
If we want to add a product inside, we need to be a graphic designer + a coder.. And the list goes on…
With the Blog Add-On, we can just click a few times and our products are imported to the blog post..

7. Built-In Email System Add-On
Same as the above, a few clicks, our products are in our emails. We can schedule as well.
Send follow up email after a few days automatically asking customers to post reviews and give them a voucher once review is approved.
If you prefer Mailchimp, import your product to mailchimp campaign too.
Cart Abandonment Emails too. All automatically. And with different rules it can even alert you when order amount if big. And… List goes on again…

8. No More Waiting for Development(for years)
Deconetwork is good. But nothing is really what we truly want unless we have full control. We can wait for Deco development. But it will take a long and the feature you want may never come. Plus, the lack of communication prevents us from proper planning. It really hurts as a business. I think you get the point. Time and Planning is important.

9. Other amazing features that PrestaShop has (marketing and biz automation, better integration..)
a. Ability to add custom product without deconetwork predefined product
b. Complex discount and reward system that can incentivise customers to make purchase
c. One Page Checkout
d. Flash Sales
e. Auto abandoned cart reminder
f. Social Login
g. Social Sharing with voucher
h. Ecomm Plaform integration to sell on ebay..
i. Auto posting of products on social networks
j. Many More

10. Easy Integrations
With so many add-ons, you can integrate with any other software you want. Greater level of control.

11. Custom Development
If you really need something, you can hire people to develop for you. I know it is easy to find developer for prestashop and InkXE also provides custom development.
You might say, custom development costs a lot of money. Well, so do waiting for Deco to develop. Time is money and missed opportunity costs a lot more than custom development. All we have to do is make sure our custom development serves a purpose.

Well, above is my 2 cents. I hope I can share more, but really, what I need is not what you need. I have given you a starting point. Go do some research and decide yourself. All the best guys.

Daniel
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, sajego, none, charlievman, Thread Cred

3 years 7 months ago #16003 by charlievman
HOLY CRAP that rocks

3 years 7 months ago #16007 by adamp
Guys,
obviously a lot of you are holding on with baited breath, and we appreciate that. As has been said before, communication has been a bit thin, all of our resources are being spent on development and not sitting on the forums so much.

Anyways, we are approaching a time that announcements and information relating to the next release(s) will start being distributed. If we jump the gun on a date regarding releases, and that date does not pan out, it does more harm than good on a number of levels. There is a lot of experience working at DN and we know how damaging a missed release date can be, especially for those of you that plan on such things.

Unfortunately, I can't say more than that today. Plans are being made now on how to disseminate in the near future.

Regarding other alternatives to DN, well, we are confident enough to stand by what we've produced so far and feel that while there might be some areas that proposed solutions might be better than what we do today, we know that overall the benifits we offer to fulfilment centres on the whole is vastly superior to our competition. We believe what we offer is good value. The funny thing is that the only way to find that out is to make a serious attempt at replicating what you have today using only those alternatives, and thats when you realise that the very thorough back end capabilites of DN can drive your entire business, while alternatives / a flashy front end cannot. The front end stuff which even we find lacking is being addressed now, and its being built on an updated back end to support it. That wait will be worth it, trust me.
Till then stay tuned!

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO
:deco: www.DecoNetwork.com

File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, Thierry, sticky

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #16008 by giftswp
Another Pentland? :) , another brother or?

I was wondering if you were a Deco employee since I didn't see a Deco badge or signature from Deco on previous posts of yours. Is nice meeting you here.

We can understand that you cannot give a set date, but at least a brief report like this from time to time would give us hope and assurance that you guys are actually working on it and not just playing table tennis or surfing. :P

Thank you, Adam, for your update.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: sticky

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds