× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

DecoNetwork version 7.2

1 year 6 months ago #15972 by admin4

mozi1971 wrote: Yes, If I define new size in business Hub its OK. But the size I have added "Asst" in product settings for free form does not show up in free form drop down.

I'm having this issue as well. Any updates on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #15973 by giftswp

JimUMFan wrote: I think the issue we have as customers of Deco is this. We have been patient. We are looking forward to the BIG upgrades. What frustrates me is we are in the dark as to when we can expect these updates. It's great that we have these incremental updates but a lot of us need the new designer and many other things promised. I think a lot of us would feel so much better if we just had a release schedule. It doesn't have to to the minute but if we knew you were aiming for a january release that would help. Even if it was a June 2017 target at least then we would know and and not be frustrated that it's not happening this week or next. If something happens along the way and it were to be pushed back just let us know. We have to plan and not having this kind of information keeps us from planning effectively.

By reading your post it feels like I was reading one of my own, I have posted a very similar post in the past and others as well. The lack of communication from Deco has been discussed before, of which Deco has agreed to be more communicative but they always fall back.

As for the next release that perhaps will be 7.5 version, it was told in the last Decoshow Ep 8 (published on Sept. 22, 2016) that it would be released "Soon', but with them is hard to define the meaning of "Soon", this means days, weeks, months, quarters of a year, or? I've been trying to be patient as well, but Deco really tested you on that.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: none, teerabbit, sticky

1 year 6 months ago #15976 by Briancresswell

giftswp wrote:

JimUMFan wrote: I think the issue we have as customers of Deco is this. We have been patient. We are looking forward to the BIG upgrades. What frustrates me is we are in the dark as to when we can expect these updates. It's great that we have these incremental updates but a lot of us need the new designer and many other things promised. I think a lot of us would feel so much better if we just had a release schedule. It doesn't have to to the minute but if we knew you were aiming for a january release that would help. Even if it was a June 2017 target at least then we would know and and not be frustrated that it's not happening this week or next. If something happens along the way and it were to be pushed back just let us know. We have to plan and not having this kind of information keeps us from planning effectively.

By reading your post it feels like I was reading one of my own, I have posted a very similar post in the past and others as well. The lack of communication from Deco has been discussed before, of which Deco has agreed to be more communicative but they always fall back.

As for the next release that perhaps will be 7.5 version, it was told in the last Decoshow Ep 8 (published on Sept. 22, 2016) that it would be released "Soon', but with them is hard to define the meaning of "Soon", this means days, weeks, months, quarters of a year, or? I've been trying to be patient as well, but Deco really tested you on that.

Agree its not being able to plan anything thats the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teerabbit

1 year 6 months ago #15977 by brenden
Hi all,

We appreciate the comments and feedback. However we are not able to provide release dates at this time. As explained in the past development is unknown. If we provide dates as we've done in the past and for what ever reason cannot release at this time it creates grief and upset customers who make business decisions expecting certain features. We are happy to share what we intend to do so you can contribute your ideas however as much as we'd love to we cannot provide release dates on when we can release these improvements.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

1 year 6 months ago #15978 by Briancresswell
Don't necessarily want dates. Just a idea of which quarter we are looking at it being released or at least kept up date as to where we are up to. I am currently planning an update in january which means I will be attempting to integrate the engine into another external cart site which is better looking and mobile friendly. just dont know if this will a waste of time or not .

1 year 6 months ago #15979 by charlievman
Brenden, while I respect you greatly and know you are just the messenger a bit here, I gotta say, that reply, proves to us all that results and change and whatnot, are not going to come in a timeline that meets peoples expectations. I hate to hear that.

Its cool to have outgrown the software, I guess. But I can't continue to keep recommending this product to the 15-20 people who come to my class every single month, and we are exploring Printavo and Filemaker build options at this time. Over the past three years, I've talked and pitched Deco to no less than 500-550 students and new business owners. Not only have I not seen any form of compensation on that (well Marco did give me like 2 free months when we were new-new), but also I have been recommending a program that I honestly don't feel like is THE best option for my new business and expanding business students.

For what its worth, the biz hub is still nice. But the fulfillment center, and how products are made and how catalogs are handled, and how web is built out, everything on that side, is insane to deal with, and runs the whole thing. Template problems and limitations actually made me have to change my business plan, due to the DecoNetwork product. We sold our DTG machines, because of this software. Not sure thats how it was supposed to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smurk, none, mycompanyapparel

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #16025 by teerabbit
I think what you and deco fail to understand is that we want transparency and communication. You mention that if you gave any sort of timeline and those dates are not met then your clients will be left being upset or with grief. What do you think we all feel now? I've been pretty pissed off and have expressed that on these forums for YEARS, as have others on here.

We have never asked for exact dates or said that those dates can't be pushed back by your team if needed but we would more than appreciate the transparency.

And if you are so concerned about not meeting a deadline then why say "version 8' is coming soon!" then disappear and then not back up those claims with anything. It's disgraceful how deco is run in terms of how little care is taken to its customers needs.

I can't wait until Long Beach when I can stand up in front of the show room floor and grill everyone regarding the lack of communication deco has given to its faithful customers. Maybe then will you all listen to your customer base.

I've said it before but the only saving grace for deco is that I have a database of customers here already and the only other viable option is InkSoft which has a 3k set up an no trial period to test.

Tired of the same old bs tune.

If you agree with these posts please thank all these posts and post as well your feelings.

-disgruntled customer.

Tee Rabbit - We Ink Well!

www.teerabbit.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, MSGINC89, smurk, DigiTees, none, mycompanyapparel

1 year 6 months ago #16026 by 2LiveCards

teerabbit wrote: I can't wait until Long Beach

If I was a betting man :laugh: I'd be looking at the date of ISS & wondering if that was when I'd expect the big announcement to land :emotionless

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #16027 by teerabbit
Absolutely. I don't care if they say deco 8 won't be release until 2018 (taking the safest due date possible) but at least then I can plan. I have a large sum of money I want to put into a website but not sure if I should wait to see the update or hire the designers immediately. But if I do then deco changes everything right after then I would have wasted all the programming cost on an obsolete website.

This is just 1 example of the many that I have experienced since bein with deco for the last 4 years or so

Tee Rabbit - We Ink Well!

www.teerabbit.com

1 year 6 months ago #16028 by giftswp

teerabbit wrote: I can't wait until Long Beach when I can stand up in front of the show room floor and grill everyone regarding the lack of communication deco has given to its faithful customers.

I would like to join you for the visit at their booth. :evil:

Ruben
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlievman

1 year 6 months ago #16029 by brenden
Hi there,

Justin it was good talking with you on the phone and I hope I cleared up some of your concerns.

It will be great to catch up with you at the show. I do understand your comments. We have been consistent in saying we cannot provide a release date which you are ultimately asking for. We're very happy to share what we're working on in terms of videos, posts and even beta access. But we have been consistent in saying we can't provide a date or estimated date and to ensure we don't have a situation where businesses make key business decisions around expected features we maintain this important position. We're very happy to disclose what we are working on and have actively communicated this in the forums and blog posts over time. We'll continue to do so which gives users a chance to provide their input and ideas. However again we cannot disclose release date or estimated release dates at this time.

Cheers,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

1 year 6 months ago #16030 by brenden
A quick note: To maintain the consistency of this post I'll start moving DN8 questions over to a DN8 thread. We'd like to maintain this thread for version 7.2 comments. Cheers.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

1 year 6 months ago #16041 by 2LiveCards
I'm in the money........................ B)

1 year 6 months ago #16043 by giftswp

2LiveCards wrote:

teerabbit wrote: I can't wait until Long Beach

If I was a betting man :laugh: I'd be looking at the date of ISS & wondering if that was when I'd expect the big announcement to land :emotionless

You would had lost the bet since the big announcement happened yesterday. :grin:

But you were close, though. :relieved:

Ruben

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds