× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

New template builder designer preview

1 year 9 months ago #15466 by Represent
Agreed, a snap to center line would be awesome.

Some other cool features, (inkxe has these)

Word cloud - type in a words and designer creates a cloud
Text on Path
Free Draw
Add shapes
Image Masks
QR generator.

Will the new designer have anything to help our customers design an awesome graphic?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #15485 by thinkshirt
Looks good but I want to see the actual design tool.

The colors shouldn't be RGB since that doesn't mean anything. There's no print method that can print RGB so that's irrelevant to us and our customers. It should be a selection of colors that we make available (no color codes other than PANTONE). Maybe for digital printing they can use CMYK but even then, customers just want to choose a color.

Please replace RGB with something more user friendly (and realistic for that matter).

Hoping that the actual design is tool is MUCH simpler and user friendly than the template builder.

1 year 9 months ago #15486 by don@bullockpro.com
As a professional photo lab who prints photographs (on apparel), sRGB is our standard. We like the fact that RGB is an option as our customers understand the standard photo color space. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

1 year 9 months ago #15487 by giftswp

thinkshirt wrote: Looks good but I want to see the actual design tool.

The colors shouldn't be RGB since that doesn't mean anything. There's no print method that can print RGB so that's irrelevant to us and our customers. It should be a selection of colors that we make available (no color codes other than PANTONE). Maybe for digital printing they can use CMYK but even then, customers just want to choose a color.

Please replace RGB with something more user friendly (and realistic for that matter).

Hoping that the actual design is tool is MUCH simpler and user friendly than the template builder.

I disagree, all my printing methods are based in RGB, even my laser engraving.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

1 year 9 months ago #15490 by thinkshirt

giftswp wrote:

thinkshirt wrote: Looks good but I want to see the actual design tool.

I disagree, all my printing methods are based in RGB, even my laser engraving.

Sorry, didn't realize that.

Either way I think you should be able to choose what works for you. Digital printing uses CMYK, screenprinting use pantone colors, vinyl uses stock colors, embroidery uses thread colors.

1 year 9 months ago #15498 by Cortez
While I'm excited for the speed increase and I think creating templates right in the designer is great.........but to me this just looks like the same thing we already have with a better workspace. All the features you mentioned in the right sidebar are already available in the current designer. Maybe I missed something here.

I would also hope that a Coated Pantone palette would be an option on screenprinting and you could choose the option of CMYK or RGB for digital. Some digital printers now extend into the RGB colorspace not just CMYK. Along those same lines, will the new designer be able to distinguish tints or % of color as it relates to screen printing? Take a simple monochrome design that has Black and 4 or 5 different grays. In the screen print module only will the designer be able to decipher that this is only one color with halftones? IF it doesn't do this the price quoting will still be completely incorrect for the customer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sherriD1

1 year 9 months ago #15509 by familyfanclub
Looks great. Keep RGB as an option, use it for sublimation.

Add eye dropper for color selection. Example: add text, make color same as in logo w/o slider or typing in values.

1 year 9 months ago #15526 by sherriD1
This is very nice :) When will this be live!!!

1 year 9 months ago #15527 by sherriD1
I agree that RGB and CMYK should be available

1 year 9 months ago #15528 by sherriD1
Maybe RGB and CMYK should be on the item level as a selection and not system wide. Once the item is selected it displays the color mode on the screen for the end user. Also I would like to see a color limit option. I have items that are a one or two color, is there a way to limit colors on products??? I have some items that it matters what color mode I use and other items not so much.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds