× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

Responsive design preview

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #15534 by brenden
Responsive design preview was created by brenden
Hi all,

Here is a quick preview of the new responsive framework.

Totally ignore the theme style itself - this will come in many different flavors, etc. This purely highlights the responsive framework plus the new designer.

www.deconetwork.com/blog/deconetwork-8-r...sive-design-preview/

Cheers,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent, thinkshirt, hanming2033, sticky, Six3Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #15535 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic Responsive design preview
The preview did not show the responsiveness of the designer. How the controls on the designer appear on mobile is what will make the end user buy or not buy on mobile.

Will their be different designer skins also? that preview looks a lot different from the template builder designer you previously previewed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thinkshirt

3 years 2 months ago #15536 by thinkshirt
Replied by thinkshirt on topic Responsive design preview

brenden wrote: Hi all,

Here is a quick preview of the new responsive framework.

Totally ignore the theme style itself - this will come in many different flavors, etc. This purely highlights the responsive framework plus the new designer.

www.deconetwork.com/blog/deconetwork-8-r...sive-design-preview/

Cheers,
Brenden

Is it possible to keep everything within the window? From the window pop ups for text and art are not really that user friendly. If you look at the best design tools out there currently: customink, uberprints, inksoft, the art and text can be added without a popup blocking the actual shirt. And no need to select add screen printing text or add digital text. That's a big part of making the design tool much more user friendly, a way to automatically detect the print method.

I agree with Represent, didn't see responsiveness of designer. Also, what about the layers display.

It's a good start (which I think is a year or more late) but I think there's a long way to go to make this comparable to design tools that already exist especially DecoNetwork's biggest competitor, InkSoft and our biggest competitors: CustomInk, UberPrints, ooShirts the list goes on...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent, sajego, DigiTees, sticky

3 years 2 months ago #15537 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic Responsive design preview
I agree about the window pop ups and text input, Would be very nice to click and edit the text from within the designer preview (like our offline designers, adobe, corel) (might not be possible??I wouldn't know)

I also agree about the decoration method automatically selected.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #15540 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Responsive design preview

thinkshirt wrote:
Is it possible to keep everything within the window? From the window pop ups for text and art are not really that user friendly. If you look at the best design tools out there currently: customink, uberprints, inksoft, the art and text can be added without a popup blocking the actual shirt. And no need to select add screen printing text or add digital text. That's a big part of making the design tool much more user friendly, a way to automatically detect the print method.

I agree with Represent, didn't see responsiveness of designer. Also, what about the layers display.

It's a good start (which I think is a year or more late) but I think there's a long way to go to make this comparable to design tools that already exist especially DecoNetwork's biggest competitor, InkSoft and our biggest competitors: CustomInk, UberPrints, ooShirts the list goes on...

Thanks for the feedback!

Just to clarify: You're talking about some look and feel elements and where panels are displayed, all of which we can done. i.e. screencast.com/t/c9Gme2ZCN7Dl

The main focus is of course mobile responsive which this designer is fully mobile responsive. The listed designers above are not mobile responsive. This has been the main call and request from the market and the toughest to tackle so we've done that! Looks, feel, etc is the easier part :)

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 1 month ago #15541 by brenden

Represent wrote: I agree about the window pop ups and text input, Would be very nice to click and edit the text from within the designer preview (like our offline designers, adobe, corel) (might not be possible??I wouldn't know)

I also agree about the decoration method automatically selected.

At present text is edited in a panel, but it updates live. You can see the preview here: screencast.com/t/c9Gme2ZCN7Dl

Decoration methods: yeah a tricky one considering some clients have different processes. We'll look into what magic is possible but this one will need investigating and no doubt some more input from you.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 1 month ago #15542 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Responsive design preview
Brenden,

I have no doubt that the designer it is responsive, but if the purpose of it was to show us that in fact does work on a mobile, why didn't you do the demo in the narrow screen?

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

3 years 1 month ago #15543 by brenden
I'd love to show a full demo but I've been asked not to for now :) Only a few getting early access have seen it for competitive reasons at this time. What we've done is so new and different we don't want competitors ripping it off so soon.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 1 month ago #15673 by teerabbit
Replied by teerabbit on topic Responsive design preview
Im sure you wont give us an ETA for this. But is this something more within the year, or next year? Next summer? longer?

Tee Rabbit - We Ink Well!

www.teerabbit.com

3 years 1 month ago #15690 by teerabbit
cool

www.teerabbit.com

3 years 1 month ago #15718 by teerabbit
noiceness

www.teerabbit.com

3 years 3 weeks ago #15729 by EvaK
Replied by EvaK on topic Responsive design preview
Not.
I remember a year ago when we were approaching the holiday season and Jared from Down Under posted his request to have the upgrade done before Christmas because we are looooosing sales on the mobile fronts and there were talks about the first or second quarter. Good thing I wasn't holding my breath....then and now.

3 years 3 weeks ago #15730 by teerabbit
Yup thats been the MO.

I'll keep asking until I get a reply though. Any update?

www.teerabbit.com

3 years 3 weeks ago #15731 by brenden
Hi,

We aren't announcing a release date at this time. Once we do we will announce it on our blog and here in the forums. While we appreciate the anticipation until we can't provide any dates.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 3 weeks ago #15732 by teerabbit
I wasn't looking for a release date but I am trying to figure out if I should pay $15k hiring a web design company, and if so, if I will stay with Deco or move to inksoft, to be honest. But after announcing the future changes on the blog and having a demo available I would assume that there is a rough timeline for this. As my post said "Im sure you wont give us an ETA for this. But is this something more within the year, or next year? Next summer? longer?" I made it easy and asked about a 1 year over under and as paying customer I can't even be told that.

I am just looking for a rough idea. Growing frustrated with Deco and will not sugarcoat it anymore. Im sure Im not the only one and would love for others to speak up with their frustrations as well.

www.teerabbit.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: deertrackdesign, BooFarter

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds