× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement

3 years 1 week ago #16039 by brenden
DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement was created by brenden
Hi,

We have an announcement on the pending DecoNetwork 7.5,

www.deconetwork.com/blog/deconetwork-7-5-and-8-update/

Cheers,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: sticky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 week ago #16040 by teejunction1
Replied by teejunction1 on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
That's great news Brendan. Smart moving breaking up the development and releasing key features earlier than planned.

Will the new 7.5 Online Designer Engine have any responsive features at all to front-end customers?

3 years 1 week ago #16042 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
A good way to shut us up, Brenden :)

So, now that there is going to be a color control feature which would also help with the vinyl module, is there any news in it's development?, Is it going to be a reality or just would continue to be a dream? (please don't ignore me)

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

3 years 1 week ago #16044 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
Hi Ruben,

We absolutely want to do vinyl but our priority to date has been 7.5 and 8. I'd like to aim for a mid 8 release to include Vinyl.

That said, we have a lot of customers just using DTG printing or Sublimation as vinyl by renaming it.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Direct Trade UK, sticky

3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #16045 by giftswp
Brenden,

I do sublimation, DTG is something I'm planning to add in the future, in my sample store I'm using the Screen print module for vinyl, but I also do laser engraving, so if there were a more focused module for vinyl I would use the screen print module for laser since you already mentioned that there would be no laser module like it was intended at one time. So is good to know that there still are plans for the vinyl module.

Thank you for responding.

Ruben

3 years 1 week ago #16046 by Direct Trade UK
Replied by Direct Trade UK on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
Hi Brenden,

Are there plans for any releases between now and 7.5?

Thanks
Andrew

3 years 6 days ago #16055 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
Direct quote from Brenden "Version 7.5 and 8 are scheduled for release in the new year" - could this be true?! Talking about version 8 obviously.
Attachments:

3 years 6 days ago - 3 years 6 days ago #16056 by giftswp
Niki,

yes, I believe that is true, just remember that the new year also comes with 12 months, he didn't specify in which month, though.

Also, don't think "New Years Day", this would be a dream come true. :)

Ruben

3 years 6 days ago #16057 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
Hope you can join us at ISS Long Beach.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

3 years 6 days ago #16058 by giftswp

brenden wrote: Hope you can join us at ISS Long Beach.

Are you talking to me?

Ruben

3 years 6 days ago #16059 by texpri
Replied by texpri on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement

brenden wrote: Hi,

We have an announcement on the pending DecoNetwork 7.5,

www.deconetwork.com/blog/deconetwork-7-5-and-8-update/

Cheers,
Brenden

thx brenden, happy that svg designer with color detection comes with 7.5. if possible, add me to the beta list pls, im keen to play around over the holidays. thx in advance.

Andreas

3 years 4 days ago #16061 by rayjus11
Replied by rayjus11 on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
Brenden,

I was curious. With the release of responsive templates, will this new site structure affect current modified layouts? I am curious because we have made a lot changes and I am afraid of what may happen after it is updated. Our changes were made with CSS overrides and some javascript.

Thanks!

3 years 4 days ago #16062 by giftswp
I'm not Brenden, obviously.

But it has been said that in fact, yes, it will affect any current websites layouts, although I believe there will be an option to keep current ones, but who won't want to change over to the new ones?

Ruben
The following user(s) said Thank You: rayjus11

3 years 4 days ago #16065 by rayjus11
Replied by rayjus11 on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
Thanks for the information. I also agree, we are very impatient waiting for the version 8 update. I hope we will get a release date ahead of the change in preparation for it. This will likely release during our busiest season so I will need to be keeping an eye out for this update.

2 years 10 months ago #16191 by paradoxsc
Replied by paradoxsc on topic DecoNetwork 7.5 update announcement
I would like my website to be added to the BETA for 7.5, I thought we were on the list, but I guess not. www.paradoxprints.com

This is a pivotal moment for DN & my company and I bet the same goes for many others. We've been waiting for something that actually drives sales for years. We are going full automated with-in the month I hope this release will show an increase in sales to keep up with production.

As of now our SEO is terrible and we've worked on it, a lot. There are certain things we have no control over with deconetwork hosting via their own servers, like invalid SSL certificates and duplicate meta data.

We need serious color detection, which 7.5 seems to have, but we'll see. We lose money when our clients don't understand screen printing. Its ludicrous to think a laymen is going to manually specify how many colors are in their design. So, as of now, even if the user uploads a 7 color simulated process design they are charged the same as a single spot color job. Also, these people don't know what an under-base is. Or that some color inks need to be flashed and reprinted, thus increasing the price. It seems that screen printing has taken a backseat to DTG in regards to DN core focus with product development, which is not right, considering the screen printing market is about 1000x larger than the DTG market. My orders averaged $633/per order last year with an average size of 148/pieces (We do a lot of contract work). We can't afford to loose even a few cents per item if we want healthy profit margins.

If those are not fixed we will have to seriously rethink who we are going to pay thousands of dollars a year to host our site. As of now we've got a glorified invoicing software, since we manually process 99% of the sales and do the vector artwork on local software.

Invoicing software can be had much much cheaper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPowell

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds