Just got the lastest newsletter, great to see that Deco are forging ahead with V8 , still waiting for V7.5!........it seems new sign ups are all forging ahead with great new software.........but anyone lomg term customers and left hanging.
I have been holding off updating our Deco sites and setting up more affilates sites as the 7.5 update has been "Imminent"
It seems new customers are priority and long term subscribers will just have to wait.
I understand your desire for DN75 We have not held off DN75 to all existing clients for no valid reason. Two major issues had to be addressed which was the quality of the production files (you could not use them in the initial update) and SVG template conversions.
As we have real businesses running their business in DN we are being uber cautious But having said that if you want to be updated please let us know and as above we can review your website and ensure you don't fall into the risk category before we update you.
New signups are not affected by this as they don't have legacy templates which can be affected.
Thanks Tony. We hold off updates on a Friday in case we need to address anything and most of our development team are off for the weekend. We'll raise a ticket to get it looked at for next week for you.
It's now been about 2 months since advice that DN7.5 was "imminent" and the boffins are (apparently) still stuggling to get it right.
I completely understand that it needs to be right and work as expected, but the multiple false starts and continued delays aren't confidence building and certainly do not bode well for V8 which was announced as "due for release" in mid 2017 and therefore (in the absence of any announcements to the contrary) potentially only 8-12 weeks away!
Our web developers are shaking their heads that the DN platform is so far behind the internet technology eight ball, and if V7.5 is proving to be so difficult to implement, what does that say about the much needed features promised as being in V8?