we are now offerring existing customers the chance to use a v8 affiliate store for testing purposes as the first step towards making v8 available as a full release. This is still beta, but its being opened up to more people to check out. If you want an affiliate store login, please contact the clients services team with your request and they will sort you out.
what answer did you get? I have a meeting with Michal this morning about the new v8 and some issues so will ask again then..getting a little fed up of delays but I was told it was due to customers having custom sites built and that they didn't want to push the update incase it affected their sites
Most of the team are out of office doing shows and related stuff so we have been a bit slow getting to these posts sorry about that.
New signups are able to go to v8 upon request as there is no risk to their current active sites.
For existing store owners we are assessing the requirements for making this available as soon as everything is ready. One of the things we need to do is get everyone upgraded off the old 7.2 onto the present 7.5. Once thats squared away 8 becomes a possibility.
When our teams get back to their home bases there will be planning disussions and following that we can make further announcements.
Until then i acknowledge the fact that everyone is keen to get cracking on 8 and please understand we are too. An update about release dates will be made on the forum as soon as we can, however a 100% firm date is not possible until everyone is off 7.2.
Until then thanks for your patience i assure you 8 is amazing as you will have seen and you will love it once its out.
We are the closest its ever been just hold on a little longer and we'll make it.
I have been waiting for years for this, I'm not live, I don't mind starting from zero there is nothing to break in my site, and I want/need to finally built and go live after many years of waiting, is it possible to switch me over please?
Same here. would rather have a standard template v8 site than the current version of our website. Happy to start whole site from scratch again on v8 . current website is on the last released responsive template with very minor css hacks.
Especially if v8 sorts the issues we have with not being able to load deco e4 designs up without having to resave as a previous version and the fact that customer can do reorders without the system checking stock levels or even if the product is still available.
Its a major PITA that the system allows reordering of deleted products.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Briancresswell.
Perhaps DN guys can explain why existing paying customers who are happy to lose their existing site completely if need be aren't able to switch to v8 beta now (especially those of us in the setup stage and don't have a live site and are looking at having to redo all of the work we're doing right now as soon as v8 comes out) but new customers can choose v8 beta if they want?
We get that those customers who have a live site can't migrate because it's not ready. But theres some of us saying we don't care about any existing install and we just don't want to a)delay the rollout of our stores or b)invest more time into a dead duck which is going to be outmoded within the next few weeks.
Please explain. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Briancresswell