× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy

6 months 1 week ago #18791 by scoobylyn
Replied by scoobylyn on topic DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy
I would also like to be switched over. I am not currently using the website as it is so bad as it is but I either need to move and have a new website designed or try again with DN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 4 days ago #18849 by Nutech310
Replied by Nutech310 on topic DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy
Unfortunately we are like every promo out there. If you are a new customer, you get these perks. They are the ones shelling out 4 digits upfront. At ISS they were able to use that to their advantage. New user, new features. I get it. Sucks as old users as we feel we deserve it, it just doesnt work that way. :unamused: Hope it updates soon.

6 months 4 days ago #18850 by eve2media
Replied by eve2media on topic DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy
I don't think I understand what you've just written?

Existing users have been allowed to upgrade to v8 Beta for the last couple of weeks as long as they sign up to accepting all the risks.

6 months 4 days ago #18851 by eve2media
I don't think I understand what you've just written?

Existing users have been allowed to upgrade to v8 Beta for the last couple of weeks as long as they sign up to accepting all the risks.

6 months 4 days ago #18852 by Nutech310
Wheres the memo outside of this thread? didnt get anything in my inbox. v8 beta was only for an affiliate site not our own. If its straight version 8 that they give to people complaining on this thread then thats not something official. Would be nice though.

6 months 4 days ago #18853 by eve2media
There was an official announcement somewhere with instructions on what to do if you wanted to move your site to v8. It is v8 BETA though and it comes with a lot of disclaimers and warnings. So don't switch yet if you aren't happy to take it on with no support and the chance of a whole site wipe happening.

6 months 4 days ago #18854 by Nutech310
Strange as I've only received issue 55 newsletter. Maybe I'll hit them up directly.

6 months 4 days ago #18855 by eve2media
It's not been in a newsletter. It's on here somewhere. have a hunt through the recent posts about this issue of users upgrading. It's there somewhere.

6 months 3 days ago #18857 by adamp
Replied by adamp on topic DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy
We haven't been blasting this at everyone so we can roll it out in monitored, sensible fashion. By directing messaging at people taking part in the forums we know people that are actively seeking latest are aware of the state of play before signing up. We will ramp this up as we discover and eliminate any teething problems. So if you are reading this and want v8 contact client services via support ticket and they will outline the terms and conditions.

Thanks!

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO
:deco: www.DecoNetwork.com

File Attachment:

5 months 12 hours ago #19666 by screenking
Replied by screenking on topic DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy
Hello,

Just seeing if we have a release date?

Also I hope Deconetwork do not use this release to hold back 'page design' features and charge as an extra. Myself like many others have been asking for this for 4+ years and have paid towards it's development and the Deconetwork business as a whole and have been very patient. ;-)

4 months 4 weeks ago #19689 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy
Can't be too far away eh Deco team? :)

4 months 4 weeks ago #19708 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy
The premium version will always include the standard page editing features that are coming in v8.
The standard version currently does not include advanced page management. We have not made a final decision on this, but one of the reasons we currently charge for this in the standard plan is to compensate for the increased support workload page management incurs.
it is possible down the track that some paid for features may be added that are exposed as widgets/etc in the page manager.

In terms of time frames , we now have 90 customers running the BETA live. This is exposing some small bugs still , and until the system completely stabilizes id rather not release it live.

However , If you would like to join the 90+ customers now running there site son BETA.. just ask! :).

If you have access to the DN8 forums.. you can see the momentum and speed in which things are happening on the development side..

Cheers,
Greg

4 months 4 weeks ago #19709 by adamp
Just to reiterate what Greg's saying; the features you see in the beta (with respect to page management) are part of all the plans and won't be made paid add-ons when the system goes live.

We do reserve the right to charge for additional features or widgets that we release later (post going live) if we feel its appropriate.

Cheers

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO

File Attachment:

4 months 4 weeks ago #19716 by screenking
Replied by screenking on topic DecoNetwork 8 - Web design made easy
Hello Adam,

All I can say is careful as you go... I know myself I have been very frustrated over the last 6 years with the framework for deco. Even if you paid a designer it was never suitable for main platform 'mobile'.

There are other solutions out there that are free or low cost that will allow the capture of an order via an online designer. Take Wordpress (free), Woocommerce (free)& Fancy Products designer ($50 for life) plus all of the thousands of free and lowcost plug-ins.

We have only persevered with Deco for the affiliate system, but over the years even that has not been great due to the framework and lack of ease to make their sites look good.

I just hope that now finally you have caught up with the rest of the world with the front end after 4 years you do not annoy your customers who have hung in there to then be charged extra for something that should be included.

Thanks

4 months 4 weeks ago #19717 by adamp
I can assure you that what you see in the beta will be there when its live (on all plans) and its a tool set that is world class. It beats free decorator solutions hands down and takes on paid-for solutions that are generic e-commerce web design platforms toe to toe, while still delivering a decoration industry production management package. In fact we have some behind the scenes stuff in the web space that would make the big boys blush.

If you've been waiting for responsive, then here it is, 2 years of elbow grease and a mountain of money. Many people have grumbled before the beta about how long it has taken, but nobody has not said they can't see where that investment went after using the new platform.

So I'd encourage you to give it a go and see for yourself.

What I was saying is that if in future we implement some highly specific feature or function that could be added into the existing system, we definitely have the right to operate as a business and charge for those services accordingly. We always take into consideration what's appropriate though, and we aren't going to slap charges on everything just because we can, that's not good business. However I'm not closing the door to charging for stuff we need to charge for.

Good luck with 8 I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds