× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

DecoNetwork 8: PageSpeed Insights

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #18126 by brenden
The speed of your page is a major factor in SEO and search engine ranking today.

In DecoNetwork 8 we're smashing the results out of the park with page speeds of 99 / 100 on mobile - and it's only the beginning!

Check out the details here and how we compare with other platforms: www.deconetwork.com/blog/deconetwork-8-pagespeed-insights/

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shomec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #18127 by giftswp
That looks great, would you switch me over to DN8 so I can tested my self? I'm a little skeptical. :P

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #18128 by brenden
No need to be sketpical. Google doesn't lie :)

We're not opening any more beta spots at this time. As more spots become available we'll post in the forums.

Edit: Spots, not sports. Out for 6.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #18129 by giftswp

brenden wrote: No need to be sketpical. Google doesn't lie :)

We're not opening any more beta sports at this time. As more spots become available we'll post in the forums.

I'm not looking to beta test any kind of sports, just DN8. :)

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

8 months 2 weeks ago #18130 by paramountembroidery
Hi

I'm the developer of Shirttools. I saw the speed comparison on Facebook and replied, but for some reason the post was removed??? Screen shot: www.screencast.com/t/6FcBnRwQ

After 20 minutes of code tweaks, Shirttools now has a perfect score of 100/100. https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=shirttoolsdemo.comhttps://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=shirttoolsdemo.com

Feeling honored (in a strange sort of way) that we are being compared to the "big expensive platforms", but it's my duty to defend Shirttools and my loyal customers against any attack on our integrity.

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #18132 by brenden
Hi Dean,

Glad we can help point out the issue on your platform. But as I looked into more last night I realised it’s not your platform. It’s OpenCart right? So each user has to tweak code on OpenCart? Of course the designer will be slow. That’s natural for all platforms.

Our goal in DecoNetwork 8 is to make the platform optimized out or the box with no tweaking needed. We believe this is super important for decorators so they can spend time decorating and not code tweaking. So I guess the speed tests that your demo site was receiving yesterday were the speeds of a Journal theme? developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/in...nal-theme.com%2F1%2F Thanks for clarifying.

By the way not an attack your credibility. Just facts, like the factual price comparison you have.

Again glad we can help you! By the way you might want to also check your designer. I see you note your stores are mobile responsive but your designer doesn’t seem to be scaling to be usable on a mobile.

P.S. Facebook post: This was my personal account and not DecoNetwork. I hid my reply as it was 1am and I didn't really want to slide out of bed to verify my suspicion that it was OpenCart causing the poor results and get my facts wrong. But I've unhid it so my friends can read my reply :)

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

8 months 2 weeks ago #18136 by brenden
Howdy all,

Here is a snap-shot of the site being tested. It contains large banner image, sucking in product thumbnails and categories from the database:

Homage to the early gamers with the Commodore logo :)

In fact, this was the 1% penalty. It was a large high-res logo sucked off the web and just uploaded. Reducing that down to a proper 'web' site or replacing it brings our themes to 100% out of the box with no code tweak!

This is something we'll add to the list to auto-compress user uploaded files so even if you do make a tweak we'll keep your site optimized without having to be a web developer.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

Attachments:

8 months 2 weeks ago #18137 by paramountembroidery
Hey Brenden,

No, our users don't have to tweak code. It's taken care of in their admin panel.

Speeds were down on our previous score of 99/99 because Google changed their algorithm. Today we pushed an update to get a perfect 100/100.

For those who don't know me, I spent many years selling DN, and for professional reasons decided to go my own way. I've no time or interest for a keyboard war, would much rather discuss over a J.D & Coke when we next meet. :)

P.S .... Have you managed to get any European DN sites to rank yet? ;) Joking!

Take care
D.

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #18138 by brenden
Keyboard wars? :) Not at all! Just replying to your feedback.

And yes... we know you :) :peace:

Take care.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds