× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

BETA testers for 8.5 ..?

3 weeks 2 days ago #22728 by Tommy
Replied by Tommy on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Hi Greg,

Re: Phase 1, Commissions. I think given the choice of this century, we would all accept the commission shortcoming. However,  its definitely an important issue and must be more involved than it sounds (All we need is Store Price minus override cost to calc commissions)

Re: Phase 4 , Team Store, Important to include typical decorated products setup (including allow customization and/or personalize an area)

These stores need to have ability to reset Start and End date, so it can be used over and over.

Will Start End dates been limited to 3 weeks with credit card deposit hold, like campaigns are now? If so, would be good to keep Team Store & Campaign setting separate. 

Will Team Store be an option to allow our customers to setup?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 1 day ago #22729 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Hey Tommy.

So re phase 1. When an affiliate store sells a product under wholesale, they don't get any commission.. right.? Just checking we on same page. :)
Phase 4. Team stores will have full control of creating a decorated product.. however they wont be able to be loaded into designer. If you need that , create a normal store , put in batch production mode and set a start and end time ( any store can will be able to have a start and end time).
Yes , they can reset start / end times.
No , wont be limited as commissions for these stores wont work as campaigns do. They will be flat rate commissions as per normal affiliate stores.
Yes, Customers will be able to setup a team store.

Keep feedback coming!

3 weeks 1 day ago #22730 by dieg58
Replied by dieg58 on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Hey,

Did-you think we can access to the Beta ?

Account (107328) :)

Thanks
Diego

3 weeks 1 day ago #22733 by Tommy

gregp wrote: Hey Tommy.

So re phase 1. When an affiliate store sells a product under wholesale, they don't get any commission.. right.? Just checking we on same page. :)
Phase 4. Team stores will have full control of creating a decorated product.. however they wont be able to be loaded into designer. If you need that , create a normal store , put in batch production mode and set a start and end time ( any store can will be able to have a start and end time).
Yes , they can reset start / end times.
No , wont be limited as commissions for these stores wont work as campaigns do. They will be flat rate commissions as per normal affiliate stores.
Yes, Customers will be able to setup a team store.

Keep feedback coming!

Hi Greg,

Phase 1 - NOT NECESSARILY NO COMMISSION - for instance, many of us want the ability to sell under wholesale merely because our standard decoration tables & minimums are setup for individual custom orders, whereas on Store orders in some circumstances, we hope to batch orders. Example: I may normally charge $5 to screen-print a 1-color at a 12pc min. But for a given store, I may want to set the price lower (say $3, based on a 24pc break) - wanting to effectively change the wholesale price at the Decorated Product level. I have worked with many FC's who are not paying commission, but several, even in this circumstance would pay commission. So to reiterate, if an FC set's the price below wholesale, DN would calculate what the 'NEW' wholesale price is for calculating commissions.

THIS BEGS THE QUESTION: Why Not just give the affiliate a deeper Wholesale Price (commission rate)? 
I do advise many FC's how this works, but honestly most struggle with the concept of how Commission Rates directly correlate the Wholesale price. Yet, even once the concept is understood, I do see legitimate reasons for an easier way of setting Retail Price & Wholesale cost. 
  1. With the standard method (which I think works very well), the FC struggles calculating a proper commission rate to set the price where they want to be, (only to learn their decoration tables are the issue, if thy even figure that out)
  2. Decorating price alone is usually the factor. Commission Rate to lower the wholesale cost adjusts both the blank & decorating by a percentage, BUT FC's just want to lower the decorating price, not the blank garment markup.
  3. FC's are often in a huge rush to setup a store & get frustrated figuring out how pricing works, they just want to input any retail price they agreed upon with client and move on
OVERALL SOLUTION - At Decorated Product Level
  1. Let FC set Retail price below wholesale as you plan - this alone would NOT pay commission
  2. Let FC also override Wholesale, which would allow commission if they desire. 
I realize the wholesale override is probably tougher said than done, but you asked and that's what FC's want.

RE: Phase 4. Team stores will have full control of creating a decorated product.. however they wont be able to be loaded into designer. 
Okay, no designer, but what about 'Personalization' on the Product Detail page, like entering your Team Name & Number? (that's what I was referring to)

-Tommy

3 weeks 1 day ago #22734 by Tommy
RE: Product Bulk Actions

Was it intended in 8.5 to exclude setting product prices with Bulk Actions?

I just went to use it and see its gone. I miss it.

3 weeks 1 day ago - 3 weeks 22 hours ago #22736 by gregp
Hey Tommy , I will reply within.. good having the discussion , and also good for expectation setting :).

Hi Greg,

1. Let FC set Retail price below wholesale as you plan - this alone would NOT pay commission

This Is what we are working on now. Coding it so the FC owner or admin can come in and set retail lower then wholesale on any affiliate store. Also adding the ability to flag a store to allow the store owner to also set this.

OK , talked back and forth with team and looking to add a new option (If fc admin) that can set a custom commission per decorated product , which is unrelated to the wholesale + markup :). Hope this is what you are after!

RE: Phase 4. Team stores will have full control of creating a decorated product.. however they wont be able to be loaded into designer. 
Okay, no designer, but what about 'Personalization' on the Product Detail page, like entering your Team Name & Number? (that's what I was referring to)

Yes , this is key to still allow personalization :).

Greg

3 weeks 1 day ago #22737 by gregp
Hey Diego..

You are now on BETA!!

Cheres,
Greg

3 weeks 1 day ago #22738 by gregp
Hey Diego..

You are now on BETA!!

Cheers,
Greg

3 weeks 1 day ago #22739 by gregp
Hey Tommy,

Yes we dropped bulk actions for price in 8.5.
As all the underlying code for products has changed in 8.5 that page no longer worked without a complete rewrite.
We decided before rewriting it , lets analyze what people are trying to achieve with the page... Haven't had time to get back to it yet.

Open to what would of been better with the old bulk update prices page.

Greg

3 weeks 20 hours ago #22740 by notjusttshirts1
Replied by notjusttshirts1 on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Can I join the beta please? 

3 weeks 17 hours ago #22741 by gregp
The following user(s) said Thank You: notjusttshirts1

3 weeks 10 hours ago #22742 by Tommy

gregp wrote: Hey Tommy,

Yes we dropped bulk actions for price in 8.5.
As all the underlying code for products has changed in 8.5 that page no longer worked without a complete rewrite.
We decided before rewriting it , lets analyze what people are trying to achieve with the page... Haven't had time to get back to it yet.

Open to what would of been better with the old bulk update prices page.

Greg

If you solely rely on standard markup, bulk price setting is no big deal. However, here are legit situations where bulk price settings save tons of time.
  • Updating prices for hundreds of custom products (that do not reply on standard markup)
  • Example 1: I have over 100 custom products for my DecoPro service all using the same rate $XXX.00, I want to increase my rate by 20% - manually updating products will take hours, where bulk price would take a few minutes.
  • Example 2: I am setting up 300 products for a DecoPro client now, all with override pricing (no standard markup). When customer decides to to update pricing, rather than editing every products, a simple 10% or flat rate increase with bulk pricing is the way to go.
Final Note: if you are seriously planning to reinstate this, let me know. I had further ideas about improvements on the old model, but without seeing it live, I can't articulate those changes. Perhaps you have a pre v8.5 FC I can access for this.

3 weeks 10 hours ago #22743 by Tommy

gregp wrote: Hey Tommy , I will reply within.. good having the discussion , and also good for expectation setting :).

Hi Greg,

This Is what we are working on now. Coding it so the FC owner or admin can come in and set retail lower then wholesale on any affiliate store. Also adding the ability to flag a store to allow the store owner to also set this.

OK , talked back and forth with team and looking to add a new option (If fc admin) that can set a custom commission per decorated product , which is unrelated to the wholesale + markup :). Hope this is what you are after!

Yes , this is key to still allow personalization :).

Greg

Excellent! on same page with all.
As for custom commission per decorated product , which is unrelated to the wholesale + markup  - YES! this will work. That's all FC's want (to be able to set a price and commission amount).

Thanks Greg,
- Tommy

3 weeks 9 hours ago #22744 by JoeCaricari
Replied by JoeCaricari on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
What stage are you at in the programming for the stores? Is this just the start of the new stores or are they developed and now you're adding the additional programming that is being discussed?

3 weeks 9 hours ago #22745 by JoeCaricari
Replied by JoeCaricari on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
When can expect the Quote Mode to be done? There was a blog post about it in June. There hasn't been any news about it since?

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds