× We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news about new releases, etc. by email

BETA testers for 8.5 ..?

2 months 14 hours ago #22802 by Tommy
Replied by Tommy on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?

Tommy wrote:

gregp wrote: Hey Tommy,

Yes we dropped bulk actions for price in 8.5.
As all the underlying code for products has changed in 8.5 that page no longer worked without a complete rewrite.
We decided before rewriting it , lets analyze what people are trying to achieve with the page... Haven't had time to get back to it yet.

Open to what would of been better with the old bulk update prices page.

Greg

If you solely rely on standard markup, bulk price setting is no big deal. However, here are legit situations where bulk price settings save tons of time.
  • Updating prices for hundreds of custom products (that do not reply on standard markup)
  • Example 1: I have over 100 custom products for my DecoPro service all using the same rate $XXX.00, I want to increase my rate by 20% - manually updating products will take hours, where bulk price would take a few minutes.
  • Example 2: I am setting up 300 products for a DecoPro client now, all with override pricing (no standard markup). When customer decides to to update pricing, rather than editing every products, a simple 10% or flat rate increase with bulk pricing is the way to go.
Final Note: if you are seriously planning to reinstate this, let me know. I had further ideas about improvements on the old model, but without seeing it live, I can't articulate those changes. Perhaps you have a pre v8.5 FC I can access for this.

Greg:
A few more  good reasons to KEEP Bulk Action Pricing. 

Real Usage today for DecoPro client on 8.104
  1. modified 250 products, ALL using custom price (not catalog price). Client wants to change back dozens of them back to default markup. With bulk action I can do this 100 times faster
  2. client will want to add a flat rate or percentage price increase to all products - again bulk action makes this take just minutes
Please KEEP Bulk Action / Modify Base Prices

-Tommy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #22840 by Ellis
Replied by Ellis on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Just added to the test group... sorry if this has been asked/suggest.

Calendar - scheduled production

It appears that production is scheduled based on Ship By Date. Is it possible to have production scheduled X days in advance of the ship by date? I realize you can move the item in the calendar view. If a system parameter in production settings was created for "Days before Ship by date" then the order could be scheduled X days in advance of that date. Now, this creates an issue if the calculated date was before the "Today" date but this could be trapped to fall on Today or the next day.

Or, did I miss a parameter that already exists?

John

1 month 1 week ago #22847 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Hi Ellis,

We have the setting to schedule production x days before shipping due.
Go to settings -> Production and Order Settings -> Quote, Order and Invoice Settings.

You will find the setting "Order is scheduled to be produced in" is what you are after :)

Greg

1 month 6 days ago #22849 by Denis
Replied by Denis on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Hi there,

I've seen that DN 8.502 has been scheduled for public release on 04 Nov. 2019. However I can't see this has been released yet. Any update on this?

1 month 5 days ago #22852 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Hi Guys,

You can now upgrade to 8.5 through the admin dashboard.

Greg

1 month 2 days ago #22858 by JoeCaricari
Replied by JoeCaricari on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
So control of the fonts that are available for names & numbers has been implemented. That is awesome! Now we need to be able to have much better control of the pricing. Names and numbers really need to be priced differently. For instance. What if a customer only wants names of their shirts. No numbers. Or what if they want only numbers and no names. 
There also needs to be a function that lets us set the sizes of the names & numbers. Standard numbers are 3, 4, 6 and 8 inches. A standard name height is 2 inches tall. There should be a function in the backend that allows us to set the standard sizes. In return the frontend would give customers the option to choose from the standards that we set in the backend.
I see that this has been a long standing issue. People have wanted this to be addressed but no action has been taken. Deco, if you will research the other sites out there that offer names & number within their designer, you will see that what I am talking about is standard procedure. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy

3 weeks 2 days ago #22879 by kati-bci
Replied by kati-bci on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
We upgraded to 8.5 but I'm not seeing the option for the FC owner or admin to set the retail price lower then wholesale on the affiliate stores or any info about adding Team Stores. Has this functionality not been added or am I just missing it somewhere?

3 weeks 2 days ago #22880 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Hi team store improvements are not released yet, these new features including ability to set a selling price below wholesale are slated for a future update.

-Cris

3 weeks 3 hours ago - 3 weeks 3 hours ago #22885 by Tommy
Replied by Tommy on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Originally when testing the filter widget before release, I use TWO different filter widgets.
  • before changes were made, color filtering & filter tags worked with 2 widgets
  • however that changed, so I switched to one filter widget 
SUGGESTION
  • the only reason I wanted 2 filter widgets was so I could place Text (search) & Price BEFORE all other filters, as they take up space, making search & price at bottom harder to find. (especially on smaller devices or when expanded)
  • I SUGGEST either allowing us to change order of filters (BEST) or placing Text & Price at top
my version is here: 
http://dnpreview_www.tommystshirtfactory.com/create

thanks
Tommy

2 days 20 hours ago #22934 by LazerWes
Replied by LazerWes on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
I'm not sure if this was intended for some reason or just a bug that was missed during testing.  After playing with calender view live, we've found that due date functionality has issues.  We were told that if a due date is updated manually in any screen (from default number of days), then calender view will not reflect that change automatically?  We are told it if you want calender view to show the updated due date you have to change date in that screen also seperately.  Otherwise Calender view will continue to show the old due date.  While this may at first seem like a minor inconvenience, it has already made things extremely chaotic at our shop because order entry people are not going to remember to go to multiple places to update the same bit of info.  I don't know what kind of problems a functionality like this presents from a coding standpoint or why it was implemented this way, but that is a recipe for disaster.  When a piece of data is updated in one screen, it should automatically populate to all other screens that display the same bit of data.  Please let us know if this can be fixed.  

Thanks
Wes

2 days 17 hours ago #22935 by ccruz
Hey Wes, our next update has a couple improvements in this area. Important to keep in mind that due date (ship by date) is different from production date (date used in calendar view). The next update adds the production date to the order view so it can be updated from there without having to drag it in the calendar view.

-Cris

17 hours 29 minutes ago #22938 by LazerWes
Ok, understood.  It sounds like it will be much more functional once that is added to the order screen.  

Next question/issue:

I was just playing with the new "Company" Feature.  It looks like you can only add a contact to 1 company at a time.  I was just wondering if this is what is intended or not.  The problem is, a lot of people place orders on behalf of multiple organizations.  Take school sports for example.  Most people ordering shirts are parents doing the work on behalf of the team.  So this same  parent will technically be part of the schools company, but then she places orders on behalf of the actual company she works for 9 to 5, but then she also places orders for her other sons racing team.  This one person could be ordering on behalf of several different "companies" at once and we need to be able to keep track of which order goes to which company.  

What is the intended way for us to handle this situation?  Are we supposed to be creating 6 different contacts for the same person?  and if so, how do we handle the problem of an email address can only be used once because the same person will likely only use one email address for contact purposes?  Please advise.

Thanks
Wes

17 hours 7 minutes ago #22939 by ccruz
Hi Wes, if the same person works with different companies then yes the expected usage is to create a separate contact for the person at each company they work at. Assigning a single contact to multiple companies is not feasible especially once you consider sync to accounting packages like Xero and QuickBooks.

-Cris

16 hours 50 minutes ago #22940 by LazerWes
So how do we go about several customer accounts for a single person when an email address can only be used once i thought (Or am i wrong on that)?  I thought you could only use an email address for one contact.  We can't expect this person to have or supply 6 different email addresses right?

Thanks
Wes

16 hours 37 minutes ago #22941 by ccruz
I would think in cases where the individual is working for several companies they would be provided with a company email. In your example with parents and school stores that probably isn't the case as the parents are likely using their personal email. If necessary you can turn off the unique email requirement under Admin > Websites > Customer Settings.

-Cris

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds