Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Chat, relax and have some fun!

Great looking Deconetwork Responsive Websites to increase sales

5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #12957 by giftswp

familyfanclub wrote: Thanks Brendan, in the meantime while we all anxiously await the updated DN that is responsive, could someone at DN write a how to guide to enabling their websites for mobile? Best practices, webinar, etc... I see that the demo store is mobile friendly and responsive and I also see posts in the forum that indicate DN won't share with us the html/css/configuration on how it's done. Is there something behind that decision? Why does it require a DecoCoach to help your customers? Perhaps a compromise to enable / support us in the meantime, more active help in making our sites become responsive/mobile for the holiday season?

Remember, our success if DN's success.

In the thread you're referring to I recommended Decocoach for been the easiest and quickest way to have it ready, but a little more than a year ago Brenden posted a responsive theme called Lunar, I have refer to it in other threats too, the code not always works or looks perfect right out when you applied, that would depend in how you want or need your site to look, I'm using this code and others here are using it as well, we all have it looking different but the base code is the same, you need to know how to edit CSS code to modify it, I'm no expert in coding but I manage to do it how I wanted to look, if you want to give it a try you can get the code HERE .

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 weeks ago #12984 by teejunction1
The demo store code should be released to users imo

5 years 2 weeks ago #12985 by EvaK

teejunction1 wrote: The demo store code should be released to users imo

I agree, something should happen now to deal with the mobile issue. There should be a patch or something available to existing users. The sites using the old, not custom templates trick Google and pass the responsive test, but the price is: the banners are gone. Now without the banners, a good portion of the marketing message is lost.
Brenden, I looked at the site for The Tshirt Mill, the banners are there and the site shows very nice. What do I need to do to have my site showing like that without paying $2500?

Please consider this, as there is absolutely no guarantee that the responsive sites will be a reality in early 2016.

4 years 11 months ago #13164 by EvaK
I've just posted and idea that IMO would help not loosing all those on mobile, please vote for it if you think its viable.

www.deconetwork.com/support/ideas/online...r-on-a-mobile-device
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, Represent

4 years 11 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #13172 by brenden
Hi all,

FILES REMOVED, NO LONGER VALID

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Justin86

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #13174 by DigiTees
Is this what I think it is?? Is this the mobile responsive skin (but not designer)?

I was just looking at the Print Bar and see they've had a big redesign - is this custom coded?

4 years 11 months ago #13175 by zhenjie
Thanks Brendan. Is this the current Demo store theme?

Tee Junction - Custom T-Shirt Printing in Australia. Outsource your DTG printing to Tee Junction!

4 years 11 months ago #13177 by brenden
Yep sure is. The link is just to see the steps which is the same but use the new attached files here.

Regards,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

4 years 11 months ago #13182 by DigiTees
Thanks Brenden.
How is this template more mobile friendly?
When I view the demo store on my mobile it has no banners, or navigation. In fact my current stores that use the Clean Squares template look better to me, even though they also have no banners either.
Or is it how Google views it that makes the difference?
Thanks
Niki

4 years 11 months ago #13184 by EvaK
I've asked this question from Tech Support and this was the answer: "In regards to your second question, the banners not displaying on mobile devices is actually the intended action. Google has set guidelines as to what they consider best practices for mobile web design. Websites which do not meet these guidelines are being places lower in the search result rankings. You can test any of your url's by visiting www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly . Do to this fact, DecoNetwork templates automatically remove the rotating banner when viewed from a mobile device. Hope this information was helpful and please let me know if you have any other questions on the subject."

With that being said, I have a customized site that shows banners on both the computers and the mobile site and it does pass the Google Mobile test. I remember I had to make a different size banner for the mobile version.

Eva
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenden

4 years 10 months ago #13479 by howardv
I was told that someone posted html framework to allow banners to go go full width

4 years 10 months ago #13480 by ccruz
Hey Howard,

The files are attached in Brendens reply about 6 posts above yours. The file is named dn-demoskin.zip.

-Cris

4 years 10 months ago #13484 by howardv
Cris,
Thanks for the reply. So.....my guy left me and I'm trying to figure this out. Is there a part of the html I can snip and put into my template so I can change the banner and not manage to screw up the rest. www.myordersite.com .
Thanks again for the help!

4 years 10 months ago #13514 by brenden
Slight update:

The original was excluding "Related Products"

Either re-apply the new CSS attached in original post OR remove the following from your CSS:
/*RELATED PRODUCTS*/
#pr_related_products {
display: none;
}

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #14691 by FourInfinity

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds