Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Chat, relax and have some fun!

Production and shipping dates

4 years 1 month ago #15687 by Sewsublime
Production and shipping dates was created by Sewsublime
Hi

Does any one else get customers confused of the the production time and delivery time, as we must have had a good dozen people come to collect items that were not ready and then complaining it says 2 delivery days but + production days it is 9 days. Would it be an idea to add a total including delivery and production. that flashes up full screen in bright red your order will be with you by such and such a date :furious:

Please let me know if anyone has a work around, or is it can be highlighted in red by css

Ta Daren
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #15691 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Production and shipping dates
All the time! I added a bold line in the order confirmation email that says your order is due to be shipped (date) and that seems to have helped. Not sure how to make it red though.

{% if order.date_due %}
<p>Your order will be shipped by <b>{{ order.date_due | date: "%B %d, %Y"}}</b>.</p>
{% endif %}

If you don't have rush order fees set up, they can see the date on the website before they order, but once you do have rush order fees, it goes away - I'm not sure why as I think it's even more important.

Deco is there any way to keep the order ship by date on the site before ordering, even with rush order fees set up? See screenshot.

It's actually pretty confusing because it then says estimated delivery time 6 days, which is the only time it includes the production time as well, I think it makes it look like its going to ship 22 Sep and then take 6 days for delivery.

No wonder customers are confused.
Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #15700 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Production and shipping dates
Thank you, I have added that to the email, that should work a treat.

Still needs deco to re-look at the delivery confirmation page as its definatly not the best way of informing the customer how long it will be.

Cheers Daren

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds