Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Chat, relax and have some fun!

Adding Decorated Products

1 year 8 months ago #21883 by Sewsublime
Adding Decorated Products was created by Sewsublime
Hi

I think this may have been mentioned before but it is very annoying when you add a decorated item and then select other items also to have the same decoration, the images are placed it different decoration areas on the other items. You then have to go in and copy that area, delete it and then paste it on the correct side.  All it needs is somewhere to set default areas. Also would be really useful if the blank product details would show when you select the item to decorate and also follows all the way though the product setup and not just when you edit the decoration that has been created.

Cheers Daren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #21884 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Adding Decorated Products
Yes, If the decoration orders aren't in the same order it won't work - total nightmare!

It's been raised as a bug & an enhancement / fix as I remember but how long that'll take I just don't know

1 year 8 months ago #21887 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Adding Decorated Products
If should'nt go by decoration area order, surely it should go by area name?

1 year 8 months ago #21888 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Adding Decorated Products
Hey guys, right now it does go by sort order of views and decoration areas. If you adjust these so it's the same across products you won't have an issue.

Changing to go off name is not feasible as view and decoration area names are not unique. Two areas can have the same name. Instead we would need to identify if it's the same area probably based on the global definition being used, not a simple change to make but perhaps we can address this down the line.

In the meantime you can adjust your areas to make this easier to work with.

-Cris

1 year 8 months ago #21891 by Sewsublime
Hi

Perhaps i am missing something, but i created 4 products with the views sorted the same and the areas sorted with left chest at the top, and even though i uploaded the text to the left chest it still created the other items with this text on the right chest, please view decorate items in www.theworkwearcompany.co.uk/cproducts?mobi=0

Cheers Daren

1 year 8 months ago #21893 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Adding Decorated Products
Hey Daren, the first product LV371PC has the left and right chest areas swapped so while it looks like you used the left chest you actually used the right chest which is the second area on the list, system then used the second area an all other items. Could you report that item as a catalog issue? It seems the bad sorting on the areas is at the catalog level.

-Cris

1 year 8 months ago #21895 by Sewsublime
Will do thanks for looking

Cheers Daren

1 year 7 months ago #22007 by Sewsublime
Hi

This is one thing I get moaned at constantly the area order when copying items that the decoration area is constantly different, is it possible to have a hover over to show what order the decoration area are in rather than going into every item and checking the item, this is very frustration as when Deco upload new items they are all different, cant something be done within the manage decoration areas page please ahhhhhhh!

Sorry to moan but it is very frustrating and must be for customer store owners as well

Thanks Daren

1 year 7 months ago #22012 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Adding Decorated Products
Raised a task with development and catalog team to see how this can work better :).
Will keep you updated.

Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sewsublime

1 year 7 months ago #22015 by Sewsublime
The best option that I can think of is within manage decoration areas, you can already move the areas up and down (Left chest Line 1) (Right Chest Line 2) etc etc then no matter what the order is within the products its self this will always stay the same.
Sounds easy :)

Thanks for looking into it

1 year 7 months ago #22018 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Adding Decorated Products
Decoration areas should be in a locked sequence................  and all products should have the same sequence.......... 

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds