× Share your CorelDRAW tips.

CorelDraw AI file compatibility

5 years 3 months ago #1631 by AboveJason
CorelDraw AI file compatibility was created by AboveJason
Has anyone had any success converting an .ai file into a format that can be stored in the stock design libraries?

I'm working with cs6 and I've just tried uploading a file to the designs library in every format listed as compatible that I was able.

pct
pdf
dwg
emf
wmf

and each of them gave me an unsupported filetype error. The original file is a handful of vector shapes and then I'm using the export dialogue to try and get something compatible with the uploader.

If anyone had any luck I'm dying to know what you did to pull it off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agilitywearembroidery1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #1814 by Makebadges
Replied by Makebadges on topic CorelDraw AI file compatibility
Hi Jason,

I wouldn't say I have had 100% success but when I wanted to get some AI vector files into DN I had to import them first into CorelDraw, tweak them a little (particularly if you have text or gradients) then save them CDR files. Sadly it wasn't a simple export from Illustrator to DN. :(

5 years 2 months ago #1846 by AboveJason
Replied by AboveJason on topic CorelDraw AI file compatibility
I was actually able to get them to import straight out of AI as an EPS downsaved to cs2 standards

Thanks for the suggestion
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

4 years 2 months ago #8593 by ArtGPPSports
Replied by ArtGPPSports on topic CorelDraw AI file compatibility
I was able to upload an EPS file saved from Illustrator in CS2. However the text isn't editable and I try to change the ink colors and the swatches show they have changed but they don't change in the actual design. Is there anyway to make an editable template without Corel Draw? If not, I was hoping I could upload the graphics and create templates from those graphics by adding the text inside the online designer then saving that as a template for people to work from. But I don't see that I can do that either. Please help!

4 years 2 months ago #8608 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic CorelDraw AI file compatibility
You can only have editable text if you're using one of the fonts deconetwork supports.

I'm also not sure if eps ever preserves fonts.

We used CorelDraw before coming to deco anyway. They have a free trial and you could also get an older version X3 or X4 fairly cheaply.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArtGPPSports

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds