× Share your CorelDRAW tips.

Text On A Path Corel Draw

5 years 8 months ago #348 by Makebadges
Text On A Path Corel Draw was created by Makebadges
Hi All,

We are attempting to create some store designs in Corel Draw then upload them to our DN site for use on decorated products.

These designs contain text on a curved path and whilst the default text looks fine, when customers edit or customise the text, the new text doesn't follow the path that it was create on. It tends to stretch or skew and be off center.

I wonder if anyone has any pro tips on working with curved text in Corel Draw / Online Designer?

Thanks for reading, I appreciate any advice.
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #1434 by LucyHolloway
Replied by LucyHolloway on topic Text On A Path Corel Draw
Draw a line and select text tools (shortcuts F8), Hold the cursor over the line and click it once and after that start typing the text. If you want to put the text on the other side of the path simply click the Button on the Property bar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Makebadges

5 years 2 months ago #1817 by Makebadges
Replied by Makebadges on topic Text On A Path Corel Draw
Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your advice, I have been able to successfully create text on a path in Corel Draw, however its behaviour in the online designer is rather different than when working in the Corel Draw desktop environment.

Have you produce any designs for the online desinger with text on a path? We are trying to create a template design which allows customer to type in their own text and the designer will take care of the positioning and formatting as per the template settings.

Thanks again,
Paul.

5 years 2 weeks ago #3074 by alexheap
Replied by alexheap on topic Text On A Path Corel Draw
Hi, Have you tried to keep the path in the design when uploading, instead of deleting it. Try making the path transparent so in the online designer the text still has a path to follow but is not visible.

Not sure if this works, but hopefully something might come of it.

Alex

Alex Heap

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds