× Share your CorelDRAW tips.

The Fatal Limitation of Not Being Able to Color Vector Objects

5 years 4 months ago #912 by dchadd
I joined yesterday and just spoke with a technical support person who said that you cannot color vector objects in the design application, you can only color bitmap images, which of course can't be used as templates. To me, this seems like a severe and almost fatal limitation, because the customer will not necessarily want the colors you upload on your template. So it seems like the only workaround is to upload 10 or so of the same template, just with different color combinations, which is klunky and silly. The technical support person said this is a known issue and they are working on it, but could not tell me when that functionality will be available. I am only interested in this for the purposes of screenprinting, and we have a large number of design templates we have created that we were wanting to make available in an online designer. Given this severe limitation, I am very close to asking for my $149 back.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me I am wrong about any of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #913 by brenden
Hi,

Thanks for your post and welcome to DecoNetwork.

The ability to change colors of CorelDRAW template files is indeed in development at this point in time. It is difficult to five an estimated time on delivery but we are certainly looking for candidates to beta test this for us. You can register at www.deconetwork.com/beta

Many thanks,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds