Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Responsive Website Design

6 years 6 months ago #6513 by PrintPhase
Responsive Website Design was created by PrintPhase
Will Deco sites be more responsive in the future? The websites look and function excellent on a computer, but don't look as great on a phone or tablet. I know you can choose to have a separate mobile version of a deco site, but that does not make the site responsive. More people every day are switching from using a computer to a tablet for online shopping and I would like to see Deco websites be 100% responsive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam.bennett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #6515 by adam.bennett
Replied by adam.bennett on topic Responsive Website Design
I totally agree.

This is one of the many reasons we are looking into building sites on Magneto via the DN API.

6 years 6 months ago #6519 by alexheap
Replied by alexheap on topic Responsive Website Design
Whether or not more features come out for this in the future, someone even mentioned bootstrap, it can still be made responsive (if you have the time)

I'm slowly playing around with making the site responsive, if you look at my test site alexheaptest.deco-apparel.com/ on an iphone ive got it so it fits nicely in there, and the designer also fit nicely on the screen, its not 100% but im constantly trying out new things with the responsiveness. Like at the moment ive only got it looking good on the iphone 5, because thats the only smart phone im able to test it on. But if deco doesnt release anything for responsiveness, just so you know, someone is giving it a go :)

Alex Heap
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego, ngrave, CCSP, MontyVeda

6 years 6 months ago #6543 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
Hi,

The short answer is aye :)

Regards,
Brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego, CCSP

6 years 6 months ago #6555 by Wharton
Replied by Wharton on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
Ok we know a new version is on its way, and it may fix a lot of our problems. Is it not possible to scatter some of deco moon dust and let us in on the secret to the planned alterations you are working on.
It may save us time and be worth just waiting for the new version ?

Please drop a few hints
Tony
:woohoo:

6 years 6 months ago #6657 by zhenjie
Replied by zhenjie on topic Responsive Website Design
We haven't had too many issues designing and programming our responsive site

Tee Junction - Custom T-Shirt Printing in Australia. Outsource your DTG printing to Tee Junction!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

6 years 1 month ago #8904 by laine
Replied by laine on topic Responsive Website Design

zhenjie wrote: We haven't had too many issues designing and programming our responsive site

Hi Zhenjie, do you mind sharing with us how to do it? Thank you!

5 years 10 months ago #10131 by StitchPrint
Replied by StitchPrint on topic Responsive Website Design
Had a LONG talk with DecoCoach last night about a re-skin project we're wanting to do ....... Incredibly the request that the re-skin included responsive theme wasn't on the table :( Was quoted for an extra to make it "partially responsive" rather than the (not really true) mobile friendly that is currently in use :(

It was indicated that "partially responsive" is in pipeline sometime in the New Year :(

On that basis my reskin is off the immediate agenda as I'm not throwing more money at a site that isn't relatively future proof :(
I'm afraid it seems we're still a ways of getting what Google tell us we need to be considered worthy of normal rankings :angry:

5 years 10 months ago #10134 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Responsive Website Design
The reason they are telling you "partially"responsive is for the fact that the designer is not responsive compatible yet, but the rest of it can be responsive, you can try my website if you like, to be able to use the designer you need to use it with your phone horizontally positioned.

store.giftswp.com

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca, vlopez

5 years 10 months ago #10161 by zhenjie
^ obviously a spammer

Tee Junction - Custom T-Shirt Printing in Australia. Outsource your DTG printing to Tee Junction!

5 years 9 months ago #10280 by StitchPrint
Replied by StitchPrint on topic Responsive Website Design
It's early Q1 2015 & I'm raring to go ................. :cheer: Deco, are you ready? :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam.bennett

5 years 8 months ago #10564 by BayshoreBrands
Replied by BayshoreBrands on topic Responsive Website Design
Is there an update on where Deco is with a mobile friendly site? As I understand it, the new Google Penguin algorithm penalizes us for not offering this. I also just received the below email from Google Webmaster Tools:

---
Google systems have tested 187 pages from your site and found that 100% of them have critical mobile usability errors. The errors on these 187 pages severely affect how mobile users are able to experience your website. These pages will not be seen as mobile-friendly by Google Search, and will therefore be displayed and ranked appropriately for smartphone users.
---

Mark Holland
Bayshore Brands
www.bayshorebrands.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

5 years 8 months ago #10565 by zhenjie
We pass the Mobile friendly test with one of our sites. Don't bother waiting, get your own designer/front end programmer and get it done!

5 years 8 months ago #10568 by laine
Replied by laine on topic Responsive Website Design

zhenjie wrote: We pass the Mobile friendly test with one of our sites. Don't bother waiting, get your own designer/front end programmer and get it done!

Do you mind sharing how much you spend to get it done? What are the areas that they worked on and can you recommend your programmer?
Please advise.

:P
Thank you!

5 years 8 months ago #10575 by zhenjie
Sorry can't tell you specifics as we're part of a large eCommerce group and share resources.

What I can say is that getting your own design + coder will end up cheaper than using Decocoach. Finding a good designer and coder who is happy to work with the less than ideal Deconetwork CMS is the tricky part. Work on the front-end aesthetics of the site but don't bother with trying to change the Designer. It sucks currently and we nobody can do much about it apart from Deco

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds