Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Responsive Website Design

4 years 7 months ago #14828 by teejunction1
Replied by teejunction1 on topic Responsive Website Design
Backwards compatibility in terms of what though?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #14829 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
Hi all,

Totally fair enough comments :)

I'm glad though to confirm this is a focus for our next release. You may have seen we recently hired two more web designers who with work with the team and myself for the next release and we'd like your input.

I'm wondering if a group Google Hangout might be a great way to kick off the conversation where each of you can share exactly what your vision for a new theme is?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, Represent, sajego, Direct Trade UK, texpri

4 years 7 months ago #14831 by texpri
Replied by texpri on topic Re:Responsive Website Design

brenden wrote:

I'm wondering if a group Google Hangout might be a great way to kick off the conversation where each of you can share exactly what your vision for a new theme is?

Hi Brenden, thx for your response, i would love to join the conversation, wherever it might happen.

If possible let us know about the "plattform" we talking about in case of CSS. means will we have a plain Bootstrap 3, Less or will it be a Polymer / Google Web Components based System with dedicated CSS inside the widgets or pierce in a global CSS .

To know about how is done inside might give us an idea what we can expect and what we are talking about. You know one of the Question will be " Can we have a Full BG Slider with Hero images ?" in Case of Bootstrap the answer is still here and we can share knowledge on "users " Level.

Im also very interested to learn if its possible to use an IDE to edit my data or code something via remote.

best
Andreas

Andreas

4 years 7 months ago #14832 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Responsive Website Design
Hi Brenden

Would love to get involved

Thanks Daren

4 years 7 months ago #14833 by hanming2033
Replied by hanming2033 on topic Responsive Website Design
Would like to share my input on this. Sign me up!

4 years 7 months ago #14834 by hanming2033
Replied by hanming2033 on topic Responsive Website Design
Hi Brenden,

One question, will the next update be focused on new designer? Or just the new website skinning.

4 years 7 months ago #14835 by Direct Trade UK
Replied by Direct Trade UK on topic Responsive Website Design
Hi Brenden,

Great news about the extra developers and thank you for the update.

I have the same question as hanming2033, are you talking about a new theme based on the current HTML framework or on the new HTML framework?

If the new HTML framework, does that mean that the new HTML framework is planned to be released in the next version?

I thought that the designer was the current sticking point to a fully responsive website? Does this mean that the new designer is being released in the next version as well?

Thanks
Andrew

4 years 7 months ago #14836 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic Responsive Website Design
I hope we are not sharing our visions for the new theme so that they can begin development :( I was hoping it was almost ready by now.

4 years 7 months ago #14837 by teejunction1
Replied by teejunction1 on topic Responsive Website Design
I rather see a focus on the framework, releasing a mobile responsive designer than any front-end work which most of our sites would end up customizing anyway.

4 years 7 months ago #14839 by offsides
Replied by offsides on topic Responsive Website Design
We're in 2016 and responsive websites have been around for half a decade already. In my agency ALL of my websites are responsive since 2011, it's a shame DecoNetwork still doesn't offer a satisfactory RWD solution.

4 years 7 months ago #14841 by thinkshirt
Replied by thinkshirt on topic Re:Responsive Website Design

brenden wrote: Hi all,

Totally fair enough comments :)

I'm glad though to confirm this is a focus for our next release. You may have seen we recently hired two more web designers who with work with the team and myself for the next release and we'd like your input.

Does this include a new design tool. Is that even in the works? I'm more interested in the framework. Themes are relatively easy. I'd rather the team work on the framework especially making the design tool UI mobile friendly.

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #14842 by Cortez
Replied by Cortez on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
How I feel about this....

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, Represent, DigiTees

4 years 7 months ago #14843 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
Is it dead...? :grin:

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

4 years 7 months ago #14844 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Responsive Website Design
I know every business has different structures but i think the priority is not the designer, it is to get the customer template skins and the payment and customer admin to be responsive so when new shops are created these are all up to date, then sort the designer.

Cheers Daren

4 years 7 months ago #14847 by Cortez
Replied by Cortez on topic Responsive Website Design

Sewsublime wrote: I know every business has different structures but i think the priority is not the designer, it is to get the customer template skins and the payment and customer admin to be responsive so when new shops are created these are all up to date, then sort the designer.

Cheers Daren

Neither responsive skin design, nor a responsive designer is something that should take very long to do. However, changing "framework" a term loosely thrown around, or changing the way the service is structured is a really big deal. I know that deco has some sort of very major update coming one of these days and Im assuming their latency and hesitation in getting this done has something to do with some major overhauls under the hood. I saw color counting over a year ago from deco, and I understand that a corel powered designer is going away and being replaced by .SVG files. So these things have been in the works for quite some time.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds