Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Responsive Website Design

4 years 7 months ago #14886 by TrevorW
Replied by TrevorW on topic Responsive Website Design
I currently have quite a well sorted Wordpress site. I signed up to Deco network today as we need to hire more people and that requires better systems and traceability - and wordpress in combination with ERP systems was getting messy and too hard and $$$. I am impressed with the Business Hub functionality and just that will be of great help to my company, but I was surprised to find that the website was not responsive - only my very first site wasn't and that was in 2009 ( and quickly super-ceded with a responsive one). I see today on the blog is a video of the new SVG designer that has been mentioned. Does this mean that responsive websites are coming maybe? Fingers crossed. It would be great to get an estimated timeline as being new to this I am reluctant to invest time and money in sorting my current site when it will possibly be sorted in an update shortly? This goes for the designer too as I need to upload a lot of custom products but don't want to create templates that will be of no use or overkill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #14902 by snorg59
Replied by snorg59 on topic Responsive Website Design
This has to be the most important thing right now....to the fine folks at DecoNetwork, we love your product!

But, we've worked with other companies in the past who promise a big update on the horizon....and it just never happens. Years go by, and nothing. This thread is over 2 years old, and still nothing. In order to compete with other solutions, we need a responsive site / designer / everything. It's really hard to know at this point if we should put more effort into building up our DN stores or not, since we have no idea of the future of this subject...we keep hoping to see an announcement that it will be here soon so we can grow this to it's potential!

4 years 7 months ago #14905 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Responsive Website Design
The SVG engine previews is just the beginning of a lot of improvements to come :) We'll start to release some previews and updates in the forum and on our blogs shortly! But thanks to all for your comments :)

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

4 years 7 months ago #14908 by hanming2033
Replied by hanming2033 on topic Responsive Website Design
If we are going to change the website framework then can we have order number and order total inside the url?

4 years 7 months ago #14910 by brenden
Hi there,

Generally the framework is different to how URLs etc are presented. Could you give an example as to why you want the order number and total in the URL, and at what point would you like that displayed? Just so I can better understand the request :)

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

4 years 7 months ago #14912 by hanming2033
Actually, it is not related to responsive design. It is actually for google tag manager. Currently, we can use javascript to get ecommerce data when the full page is loaded.
but if the data is in url then it will be much much easier and stable for GTM to populate the "datalayer".
Sorry for the confusion.

4 years 6 months ago #14950 by hanming2033
Hi Brenden,

Will the designer be released together with the responsive web design??

4 years 6 months ago #15016 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic Re:Responsive Website Design

brenden wrote: Hi all,

Totally fair enough comments :)

I'm glad though to confirm this is a focus for our next release. You may have seen we recently hired two more web designers who with work with the team and myself for the next release and we'd like your input.

I'm wondering if a group Google Hangout might be a great way to kick off the conversation where each of you can share exactly what your vision for a new theme is?

Let me know your thoughts.

Did the Google Hangout ever happen? are we still sharing our visions for the new themes? or are they new themes yet? 2016 is half way over, are we going to see anything this year? I am still hoping for the following:

1 - responsive themes (even if its just one)
2- responsive designer
3- color count (I have seen the svg designer videos)
4- Multiple campaigns per user accounts
5- Multiple products per campaign

These things would make me a very happy person.

4 years 6 months ago #15026 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic Responsive Website Design
Was anybody invited to a google group hangout? or have any more info on these subjects, I have been off the forums for awhile.

4 years 6 months ago #15028 by Cortez
Replied by Cortez on topic Responsive Website Design

Represent wrote: Was anybody invited to a google group hangout? or have any more info on these subjects, I have been off the forums for awhile.

Not that I've heard

4 years 6 months ago #15046 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic Responsive Website Design
Hey Brenden, Is there going to be a group discussion on this, or are you just humoring us to keep us quiet?
I know these are big projects, but as far as I can tell, I should not be expecting anything responsive or fixes in the fundraiser campaigns this year. because these are the same uninformative responses Deco gave us last year, and the year before.

Again, I ask these questions because I am trying to run my business on your platform, and I like to plan ahead, not just to hound on Deco.

4 years 6 months ago #15047 by infrared
Replied by infrared on topic Responsive Website Design
I am already seeing mobile responsive for many of the pages. Not sure about the designer tool.
One of my stores has a desktop and mobile check box on the website pages section. see the attached screen shots of two of my stores.
Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #15048 by MSGINC89
Replied by MSGINC89 on topic Responsive Website Design
As much as I love the idea of a designer, I may be jumping ship. We haven't had a lot of customers using it, it's clunky and not mobile friendly.

I just need a responsive template for the rest of my sites, that don't look like something from the early 2000's.

Kristine

4 years 6 months ago #15051 by teejunction1
Replied by teejunction1 on topic Responsive Website Design
So what happened to encouraging group integration and feedback Deconetwork?

4 years 6 months ago #15053 by brenden

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds