Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Responsive Website Design

5 years 5 months ago #12070 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
Thanks for that Ruben. I have forwarded it to my developer which will defiantly help him but he is also insisting that there must be proper documentation that will show all the tags and filters available to the developer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #12072 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
Mozi,

I'm not sure of what filters he is talking about but tags, can be found with the Firebug for Firefox or with the Firefox or Chrome developer tools.

I made a search in Deco's Blog for CSS, there are a few articles that may be helpful, I think that's all it is available regarding CSS docs. www.deconetwork.com/blog/?s=CSS&submit=Search

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

5 years 5 months ago #12074 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
The tags u find in firebug are already rendered and are html tags. I am looking for documentation on deck specific ore render tags. For example: I need to add the sort products functionality. I don't see the tag that will generate the proper post back code on client side to invoke backend sort, etc. If I want to change the order in which the menu items are displayed using custom sort order. How can I do that?

5 years 5 months ago #12075 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
You can add some Jquery, html code and edit CSS, but I don't think Deco allows to modify it.

Ruben

4 years 9 months ago #14171 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic Responsive Website Design

gregp wrote: I believe Brenden may have mentioned before but we are redoing the template architecture from scratch.
The new templates will be responsive.
The webpage management is getting completely redone so you get drag and drop widgets (think squarespace).
You will be able to edit html of pages and widgets.

It will be amazing.

But , and there is always a but.. this is a massive project. We have already had the team working on it for several months.
This will not be ready in the short term, think medium to more likely long term.

To handle google responsive check, we have added several minor changes to the html so it should pass googles responsive check.

Greg

This was over 11 months ago, is there any updates to when the new framework will be available for the designer? I remember seeing a post that said late 3rd quarter early 4th quarter, then that got pushed back to early 2016. Surely Deco is far enough into development they would have a more accurate time frame at this point. Our mobile visits are way more than desktop now. Any sort of advertising on FB and other platforms have way better results with mobile as well.

4 years 9 months ago #14174 by Cortez
Replied by Cortez on topic Responsive Website Design
I just realized that they did an update a week or so ago that messed up the responsive marketing banner CSS that I wrote for a full width responsive theme based off the Clean Squares theme. Now I can't get it fixed, I've tried every CSS workaround I can think of and nothing. Support's solution was just remove the CSS properties that were causing the images to shrink down to 1/3 their size. The same CSS properties that made them responsive. Ughh frustrating. Passing Googles responsive test and actually have a great user experience are two different things.

4 years 9 months ago #14181 by Tommy
Replied by Tommy on topic Responsive Website Design

Cortez wrote: I just realized that they did an update a week or so ago that messed up the responsive marketing banner CSS that I wrote for a full width responsive theme based off the Clean Squares theme. Now I can't get it fixed, I've tried every CSS workaround I can think of and nothing. Support's solution was just remove the CSS properties that were causing the images to shrink down to 1/3 their size. The same CSS properties that made them responsive. Ughh frustrating. Passing Googles responsive test and actually have a great user experience are two different things.

Greg - my only concern about Deco updating templates to be responsive is that it could create conflicts with the work we have already done to fix our sites on our own (as Cortez mentions).

Yet, our sites remain intact, so maybe we are safe because of HTML override?

4 years 9 months ago #14182 by Cortez

Tommy wrote:
Greg - my only concern about Deco updating templates to be responsive is that it could create conflicts with the work we have already done to fix our sites on our own (as Cortez mentions).

Yet, our sites remain intact, so maybe we are safe because of HTML override?

my issue was CSS only, but yes it could be a rough few days after they release the new framework. Almost all my sites use heavy CSS modifications, JQuery, jQuery touch punch libraries, HTML override etc.

I'm just guessing that the beta agreements we had to sign have something to do with this big changeover. I'm ready, even if it is a disaster for a couple weeks/month. :) I can't wait for the front end of deco to live up to its back end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent

4 years 9 months ago #14183 by Represent
I can't wait either. its driving me bonkers. I really really hope Deco doesn't have to push back any farther than March or April. The fact that they couldn't wait to build their new webpage on Joomla doesn't give me much hope tho. It says to me "We know its going to be longer than what we are willing to wait for a new website." Which is depressing.

4 years 9 months ago #14184 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Responsive Website Design

Represent wrote: I can't wait either. its driving me bonkers. I really really hope Deco doesn't have to push back any farther than March or April. The fact that they couldn't wait to build their new webpage on Joomla doesn't give me much hope tho. It says to me "We know its going to be longer than what we are willing to wait for a new website." Which is depressing.

Hey Pete,

first they need to implement the vinyl module...

JJ :P

Ruben

4 years 9 months ago #14185 by Represent
and the screen print color count.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp

4 years 9 months ago #14186 by thinkshirt
Replied by thinkshirt on topic Responsive Website Design

Represent wrote: I can't wait either. its driving me bonkers. I really really hope Deco doesn't have to push back any farther than March or April. The fact that they couldn't wait to build their new webpage on Joomla doesn't give me much hope tho. It says to me "We know its going to be longer than what we are willing to wait for a new website." Which is depressing.

I would not get my hopes up. We haven't seen anything about the new front-end frame work or design tool so March or April seems far-fetched. To be honest I was hoping we'd see mocks of the new design tool and we could provide our feedback on that before they start redesigning it. There is a new updates 7.1.1 coming soon if you see the release page, but we're waiting for DecoNetwork 8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp

4 years 9 months ago #14187 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Responsive Website Design
Hopefully they can release it this coming Australian or USA Monday.

There are very nice additions, but the ones that exited me the most are the Font Manager!! and Added ability to upload designs directly to a customer,... nice features

Ruben

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #14190 by Thread Cred
Replied by Thread Cred on topic Responsive Website Design
I was told in a response to a long standing support ticket that the next release is imminent (with a fix for our issue).

We've been patiently waiting for it as we found a major bug in he XML site map generator - our blog site from Wordpress was listed with an incorrect URL and Google was getting jumpy. I checked some other DN sites and it was not a consistent bug across all. In any case it has been hampering our SEO efforts and I suspect the efforts of ohters as well.

We are also nervous about the major upgrade having just spent a small fortune developong our site, the budget for a rewrite will be stretched. Having said that there are so many issues that we could not find workarounds fopr that are without doubt major conversion inhibitors in my book it doesn't matter how much it costs the increase in sales as a result will more than ourtweigh the pain of more costs.

4 years 9 months ago #14191 by Cortez

Represent wrote: and the screen print color count.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, Represent

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds