Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Responsive Website Design

4 years 9 months ago #14280 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic Responsive Website Design

Represent wrote: Can we get an update on the responsive templates? seriously I have had the same templates since I signed up in 2010. We have made work around responsive templates, but our affiliate sites that are not in our control never look good, they look very outdated. We need something from deco to make us excited again. Please

I said this 1 year 18hrs ago...... on this thread.......... I really have no idea what to expect. I remember talking about this responsive topic in Nov 2014. We needed it then. Then we needed it Nov. 2015. Will we be having this same conversation Nov 2016?

As business owners We need to be aware of major changes in the way our business can operate. I do not advertise custom products to people on mobile (becuase its a waste of money) but still over half of my visitors are on mobile. I want to be able to plan out months in advance our online advertising strategies , but.............. I have no idea when to tell my marketing team when our website will be up to par to justify advertising money.

Deconetworks new website is a prime example (which they did not even use their own platform for)....... There not dumb, they know website appearance and functionality needs to be caught within seconds of a visitor arriving. We can do all sorts of complicated work arounds to the Deco platform...but as soon as they hit the designer its over.

Please Please give us an realistic update. If its not possible soon, then please let us know we are PAYING customers who rely on your software to run our business.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cortez, DigiTees, none

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #14285 by Represent
This may be bad news for Deco, A responsive online designer for Woocommerce and Wordpress for only $40 one time. HMMM...... sounds tempting, in fact since its so cheap I will probably try it out.

demo.tshirtecommerce.com/design

or

pro.tshirtecommerce.com/design-your-own/

To bad it doesn't have business hub, would be perfect then.

4 years 9 months ago #14286 by Tommy
Replied by Tommy on topic Responsive Website Design

Represent wrote: This may be bad news for Deco, A responsive online designer for Woocommerce and Wordpress for only $40 one time. HMMM...... sounds tempting, in fact since its so cheap I will probably try it out.

or

The price says it all. This can't compete with Deco whatsover. Think about it the depth of running your business, from products to web design, to order management. This wont cut it.

If your frustrated with Deco, do what we did and dig in. Learn extensive css, html and javascript. All our sites are responsive and do many things Deco doesn't provide by way of custom javascript.

I dont believe you'll ever find a perfect, system, but you can modify it to do most things you want.

Btw, The improved designer is truly underway and you'll love it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cortez

4 years 9 months ago #14287 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Responsive Website Design
Hi Tommy,

by this...

it means you had seen a preview? we all know Deco is working on it, but how do you know he will love it?

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent

4 years 9 months ago #14288 by Represent

Tommy wrote:

Represent wrote: This may be bad news for Deco, A responsive online designer for Woocommerce and Wordpress for only $40 one time. HMMM...... sounds tempting, in fact since its so cheap I will probably try it out.

or

The price says it all. This can't compete with Deco whatsover. Think about it the depth of running your business, from products to web design, to order management. This wont cut it.

If your frustrated with Deco, do what we did and dig in. Learn extensive css, html and javascript. All our sites are responsive and do many things Deco doesn't provide by way of custom javascript.

I dont believe you'll ever find a perfect, system, but you can modify it to do most things you want.

The price doesn't tell me anything. The designer is better than deco's current designer in my opinion. It does pretty much all the same things as deco (handles vectors and gives print ready files.) Besides woocommerce has so so much more ecommerce tools than deco.

I know Deco's will be better for the overall of business, but when??

All my sites are responsive as well, but not the designer, I have yet to see a Deco designer that works well on mobile even with all the css mods you can do.

Have you seen Deco's new designer, I have seen screen shots of a lot of new things (screen print color count) years ago, yet nothing to show yet.

4 years 9 months ago #14289 by Cortez
Replied by Cortez on topic Responsive Website Design

Tommy wrote:

or

I agree Tommy, it is kind of painful to see that you can get a responsive designer plugin for $0-$60 on Wordpress but that is really where it stops. I highly doubt it has taken Deconetwork over a year of development to make the designer mobile ready. I'd like to think that they are restructuring the foundation of deconetwork and it's capabilities with a responsive designer. Things like color counting/recognition. Performance (I've heard that the new designer doesn't run on corel draw and utilizes svg files which will make it very fast and responsive. I have coded the inline designer to be fairly responsive and you can design a shirt on a mobile device but it still doesn't change the fact that it takes forever to render text and color changes so who gives a hoot if it's responsive, the customer has already moved on in frustration anyway. The current designer clunky and antiquated, we all know it and has been surpassed by a lot of competitors but I absolutely love business hub, the endless other capabilities of deconetwork and remain hopeful that when the big changeover happens we will all be glad we stuck it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent, texpri

4 years 9 months ago #14290 by Represent
I thought they restructured everything in V7 and that was a huge wait. haha we all thought responsive was coming with V7 for awhile.

I did purchase the plugin, it works well, the backend is pretty good. No, its not anywhere close to Deco's business hub, however some of my niche products do not require Deco's features and this plugin will work very well.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #14291 by Represent
If I am the only one who is frustrated and voices it to Deco, Then I can understand why they don't feel any sort of urgency.

I know that I have a very large shop with lots of employees to pay and I want to make conversions on mobile where half of my traffic comes. hopes for the future doesn't pay the bills.

4 years 9 months ago #14292 by Cortez
Does anyone actually know how big the development team is at deco?

4 years 9 months ago #14293 by giftswp

Cortez wrote: Does anyone actually know how big the development team is at deco?

I really don't know that, but I can guess that it is not big enough.

Ruben

4 years 9 months ago #14294 by giftswp

Represent wrote: I thought they restructured everything in V7 and that was a huge wait. haha we all thought responsive was coming with V7 for awhile.

Rumors are that the big news will come with V8, when? I really wish I could know that. :neutral:

Ruben

4 years 9 months ago #14295 by Cortez

Represent wrote: If I am the only one who is frustrated and voices it to Deco, Then I can understand why they don't feel any sort of urgency.

I know that I have a very large shop with lots of employees to pay and I want to make conversions on mobile where half of my traffic comes. hopes for the future doesn't pay the bills.

Hey man, I've lost my cool in these forums many times. Probably as much as anybody here. I still vent from time to time but have come to one conclusion. I can either drop deco and develop my own solution ($$$$) or I can suck it up and deal with the cards deco deals out. Cuz guess what they don't give flying you know what, about what you or I want. They are going to do their thing on their schedule. Are they inconsistent communicators? Yes Is front end of deco antiquated? Yes Is there a better solution out of the box? I don't think so. Anyone here who is a fulfillment center that has vested the time into developing affiliate stores is captive to deconetwork and they know it. When I first started with deco I didn't know HTML, CSS or Java from a whole in the wall and deco forced me to learn that. In a way I'm greatful for that but the amount of time I have spent learning how to get deco to kind of do what I need it to has really stunted the growth of my business which is printing and selling decorated items. I have often thought I would be better off with wordpress site, a lead capture form and a shopify store.

4 years 9 months ago #14296 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Re:Responsive Website Design
Hi all,

I appreciate and thank you all for your comments. I would like to comment to some of the points made.

I do believe we communicate with you. We are always here in the forum. You have access to a toll free support line to call us any time, but the reality is we can't always give you the answers you want. We can't always say when a feature will be developed. We don't know the end times ourselves all the time and this is nature of software development.

Where we do make a leap into guess land and get it wrong it's often taken as misleading or providing false information. The end result is we prefer not to risk disappointment in future developments.

Our development is always driven from feedback of which the forums is just one tool. It's a tough juggle to handle to loudest voices of a few over the needs and wants of the thousands that use DN. Well that's a software problem as always. But I think it's fair to say we do take on the challenges you throw to us and from that many of the best improvements have come about.

We never expect anyone to buy into DecoNetwork on future possibilities and always recommend you decide to use DN based on what is today.

That said there are some exciting changes coming and some of you have had various previews as we get early feedback on what we are doing. We'll continue to do that.

I've been working in software since 2001 and I wish it was as simple as setting a date and it happens, but it's not :) If only...

We're trying to find better ways to communicates what we can and you'll see some of that in the next release.

Hope you have a great weekend and again thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Represent, kyselak.jan

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #14297 by Represent
I don't want to imply that you provide misleading or false information at all. I know things don't always play out and you can't meet all timelines. But when dates pass and we have no updates it makes have readdress it., I think everyone who "CARES" about their business would like the info to plan ahead.

I would hope even the thousands of user who are not voicing their opinion on the forums would like a lot of the same things we talk about in the forums.

just curious
Where are these other tools we can contribute our feedback?
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #14298 by Cortez
Replied by Cortez on topic Re:Responsive Website Design

brenden wrote: Hi all,

I appreciate and thank you all for your comments. I would like to comment to some of the points made.

I do believe we communicate with you. We are always here in the forum. You have access to a toll free support line to call us any time, but the reality is we can't always give you the answers you want. We can't always say when a feature will be developed. We don't know the end times ourselves all the time and this is nature of software development.

Where we do make a leap into guess land and get it wrong it's often taken as misleading or providing false information. The end result is we prefer not to risk disappointment in future developments.

Our development is always driven from feedback of which the forums is just one tool. It's a tough juggle to handle to loudest voices of a few over the needs and wants of the thousands that use DN. Well that's a software problem as always. But I think it's fair to say we do take on the challenges you throw to us and from that many of the best improvements have come about.

We never expect anyone to buy into DecoNetwork on future possibilities and always recommend you decide to use DN based on what is today.

That said there are some exciting changes coming and some of you have had various previews as we get early feedback on what we are doing. We'll continue to do that.

I've been working in software since 2001 and I wish it was as simple as setting a date and it happens, but it's not :) If only...

We're trying to find better ways to communicates what we can and you'll see some of that in the next release.

Hope you have a great weekend and again thanks for the feedback.

Brenden, thanks for the response but I am going to call you out a little on this. I'm a very active person in these forums which should tell you that I'm very passionate about deco being better.....being what is can be. If you look at the first page of this very thread from a year ago I see accounts that do not contribute to the forum anymore. There is some pretty big names in there, big sites and I just like others in here have to wonder if they have given up and moved on. I know one customer, who had to be one of your biggest revenue sources based on his model has for the most part left and he is building a better deco..........I"ve seen bits an pieces of it and it's really great.

Your communication is not good, you release updates and integrations with zero documentation. It's like " hey guys here this thing we did, more info to come, check out our blog, good luck" you guys had a theory when you did these updates, how about you share them. Show us how you envisioned us using them. Zoho is a great example, outsource production is another you just half ass implement these things and give us zero direction on how to use it to our advantage. Those are the big ones but it's pretty consistent with all your releases.

Future developement: There are people like me willing to spend and risk their own money on development of deconetwork through your API but you make that about as risky as you can because 1. your API documentation is terrible (that's coming from my developer not me) and 2. we run the risk of developing something that you are possibly already developing. I think a lot of the little stuff would be taken on by guys like me but we have no idea what you guys are planning on doing! Even facebook who really doesn't need anyone's development has a regularly updated development portal. You could also open up your API and offer an open app store. I really thought you were going to do that last year.

You tell us not to sell deconetwork on future possibilites yet you do that yourself on your main website. You are promoting features that don't work they way you market them!

Finding better ways to update: You have made micro commitments to us multiple times to do this. From micro version releases to dedicating more frequent updates in these forums and you have repeatedly not lived up to your word. All you need to do is a weekly update either in this thread or the blog to give us the "state of deconetwork" do it the same day every week and share what you can, and a lot of us will be ok with that but if you miss a day you will lose our faith all over again.

I also want to point out that I'm not just her on a purely selfish accord, I do my best to help out other in the forum. People who are struggling to figure out the basics. I can also say the same for a lot the users in this thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, Represent, sajego, thinkshirt, Direct Trade UK, kyselak.jan

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds