Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

We are building an integration with Shipstation - You In?

4 years 11 months ago #14145 by Cortez
Howdy deco users, we are building a full integration with shipstation. Pulling orders in, converting the weights, mail services, and posting back to deco the change in order status, appending the tracking information and sending the customer a shipping notification through deco. We are looking into automating the packing slips as well but can't confirm that we can do that at this time.

We chose to use shipstation for it's relative affordability, current integrations, Cloud based service and it's overall UI

My question to you all is anyone else interested in this service, we could set it up as a simple UI for all deco users to connect to the service for a monthly or annual fee to cover supporting the product. Please DM me if you would be interested in the service. Offering this app out to other users depends on the level of interest we receive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jared, FillSpeed, Six3Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #14177 by ahendrick
I am interested in this!

4 years 11 months ago #14209 by sajego
Did you give up on Shippo?

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

4 years 11 months ago #14210 by Cortez

sajego wrote: Did you give up on Shippo?

I loved the UI and the per label pricing, their API is well documented BUT they do not sync up with any kind of USB scale, none whatsoever so that was kind of the deal breaker for me. Unfortunate because I think they have a good product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

4 years 11 months ago #14211 by sajego
Good to know. They should add that! I wonder if there's some other program that can read from the scale and auto-copy/paste into shippo...

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

4 years 11 months ago #14213 by Cortez

sajego wrote: Good to know. They should add that! I wonder if there's some other program that can read from the scale and auto-copy/paste into shippo...

That was one of the reasons I like shipstation, they actually use an application called shipstation connect to contect to printers and devices which is unique to each computer. So, you can log into the same account on 3 different computers and use three different scales and or printers which seemed really flexible to me and would allow you to configure your shipping methods really any way you wanted. But yes, I don't understand why they didn't put that on chalkboard when building out Shippo, then again, I don't understand why deco doesn't do a lot things either :grin:

4 years 11 months ago #14258 by Tommy
Cortez
Just letting you know, we signed up for ShipStation and after an all nighter, I got it figured out and setup the way I want with Deco order imports.

It really does perform extremely well. I don't expect Deco to have this level of complexity, so building an interface to import final shipping data to Deco would be a huge time-saver.

I assume you are manually entering tracking info into Deco?

What if it's a big campaign, have you considered just using ShipStation for those confirmations specifically?

I'm just curious because in my world, it's always been UPS bulk ships & Deco is fine, but now with campaigns, I need to make a decision if I handle the shipping confirmations for campaigns strictly through Shi[Station and skip manual entry in Deco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cortez

4 years 11 months ago #14259 by Sewsublime
Just about to sign up to shipworks is shipstation a better option?

Thanks

Daren

4 years 11 months ago #14260 by Sewsublime
Dont worry not available in UK yet.

4 years 11 months ago #14275 by Cortez

Tommy wrote: Cortez
Just letting you know, we signed up for ShipStation and after an all nighter, I got it figured out and setup the way I want with Deco order imports.

It really does perform extremely well. I don't expect Deco to have this level of complexity, so building an interface to import final shipping data to Deco would be a huge time-saver.

I assume you are manually entering tracking info into Deco?

What if it's a big campaign, have you considered just using ShipStation for those confirmations specifically?

I'm just curious because in my world, it's always been UPS bulk ships & Deco is fine, but now with campaigns, I need to make a decision if I handle the shipping confirmations for campaigns strictly through Shi[Station and skip manual entry in Deco.

I have been manually cutting and pasting tracking numbers into deco for 2-3 years. It is really inefficient when you are doing a bunch of small packages, I have primarily been selling decorated products on deco for the most part and I used Endicia as my shipping platform for USPS. We are .now doing a lot more Contract printing and really hoping we can promote and take advantage of the campaign module in the near future. This required us to look for an all around solution for USPS, UPS, UPS Sure Post, UPS Freight, DHL eccommerce and the occasional customer request for FEDEX.

In doing an integration with any shipping platform we were looking the biggest requirement being the ability to post back the tracking information to deconetwork and sending the store branded shipping notifications, otherwise pulling the orders in via the API is nice but not really necessary may save a little time but downloading and mapping the orders doesn't take a ton of time. We wanted the order process to end once the label has been printed. We also are looking at building in a delay option for the shipping notification so the tracking info will be live when they get the email from deco.

I know we can post back the tracking information to deco and can change the shipping status from produced to shipped the minute the label has been printed. I'm also hoping to build out the ability to cue up and automate the packing slips in this process as well, but we are not sure if we can do that with the way they are populated after the product has been shipped, we are still in the discovery phase there. If it isn't possible through deco, shipstation will produce a packing slip as well but we may not be able to brand for each store.

In conjunction with shipstation, we are also looking at integrating with a service called aftership that delivers notifications and exceptions during the entire shipping process from door to door. (hoping to cut down on phone calls and emails from customers and give them an overall better experience)

Finally, we are excited to explore the possibilities of Amazon, Woocommerce and Shopify integrations using business hub and shipstation to manage and ship orders. We keep running into people and schools that want to build out their stores on those platforms or have already and want to be able to offer the same fulfillment services to them that we can if they open up a deco store with us. Amazon is a channel that we are interested in for ourselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jared

4 years 11 months ago #14276 by sajego
"We also are looking at building in a delay option for the shipping notification so the tracking info will be live when they get the email from deco."

I really love aftership.com for this.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

4 years 11 months ago #14277 by Cortez

sajego wrote: "We also are looking at building in a delay option for the shipping notification so the tracking info will be live when they get the email from deco."

I really love aftership.com for this.

That's one of the things aftership is designed to do but we wanted the shipping notifications to be branded for each store, love the fact that you can have aftership follow up with the customer with all the different stages of delivery or exceptions to delivery. Having the tracking widget right on the website is nice too. Wish they could search via the order number or their name.

4 years 10 months ago #14462 by jem@sockprints.com
Replied by jem@sockprints.com on topic Re:We are building an integration with Shipstation - You In?
We are definitely interested in ShipStation integration with DecoNetwork. I have been sending messages and talking to the DecoNetwork team at TradeShows about this. They suggested I post it on their "idea page" to see how much demand there is for ShipStation integration. Not to take away from your new business venture and subscription service, but if you are interested in Deco taking care of this for us here is the link to vote for ShipStation integration:

www.deconetwork.com/support/ideas/busine...pstation-integration

Thanks!

4 years 10 months ago #14591 by deertrackdesign
Replied by deertrackdesign on topic We are building an integration with Shipstation - You In?
I am shipping 60-200 orders per week. I would love to be able to integrate that into Shipstation. This would make my life 2 hours better every night. I would even pay a few bucks a month to have it. It's that important. Etsy integrates it perfect. I hope Deco can.

4 years 10 months ago #14617 by EvaK

Cortez wrote:

Tommy wrote: Cortez

Finally, we are excited to explore the possibilities of Amazon, Woocommerce and Shopify integrations using business hub and shipstation to manage and ship orders. We keep running into people and schools that want to build out their stores on those platforms or have already and want to be able to offer the same fulfillment services to them that we can if they open up a deco store with us. Amazon is a channel that we are interested in for ourselves.

That's a very exciting option. Shipstation also able to deal with all the Canadian carriers as well!

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds