Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

We are building an integration with Shipstation - You In?

4 years 9 months ago #14719 by heroic supply
Hi Guys-

I'm new to using Deco, and I can tell you from using other platforms for ecommerce that integration is a lifesaver. I'm actually on the fence with my deco subscription mainly due to the shipping issue. I use shipping easy, which is good for the most part on my store on another sales platform. I'd use shipstation in a heartbeat as I know other ecommerce people that swear by it.

In short, PLEASE GET THAT INTEGRATION!

Best Regards,

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: jem@sockprints.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #14740 by gregp
Hi Guys,

Would like some feedback on this...

We could allow a basic csv export form the shipping page which exports as Shipstation Format. This means you then manually import into shipstation. The orders are not linked back into Deco so you would still have to Mark them as shipped in Deco when you ship them in Shipstation....

The benefit here is the amount of work to get implemented is not huge. The downside is you still have to somewhat handle two sets of data.

On the other hand , we look at doing a full API sync. Links both systems and passes orders through and sets statuses accordingly.

The benefit here is its an integrated system and data automatically flows between systems. The downside is the development overhead and unknowns... Large projects.

Thoughts..?

Greg

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #14741 by Cortez
You can already export everything you need via the line items export. and create a custom import profile in Shipstation. There would really be no benefit in creating a "shipstation" export , other than perhaps making it a little easier. If you could create a line item export history that would help. One of the issues with this is if you do not ship every order in your system the order queue in shipstation just continues to grow. You can pretty much use any shipping platform in the market with deco's order export or line item export feature, the real benefit is syncing account data back and forth between any two platforms. If you're only doing a few bulk orders a day, this probably isn't that important to you, but if you do several small orders every day or campaign type orders being able to sync data back and forth is the benefit as well as pulling affiliate store data into shipstation.

For me the idea is to be able to have your shipstation......running your "shipstation" so when your orders move out of production with deco, you can scan them into shipstation and create your labels....End. Of. Story. no more cutting and pasting tracking numbers, manually setting order to shipped in deco, Basically shipstation would just be the final leg of the transaction and would work seamlessly with what deco already has in place with branded shipping notifications coming from deco but packing slips coming from shipstation and following up the shipping process with Aftership which keeps notifying the customer right up till delivery, which is absolutely wonderful by the way. Aftership is something that could also be used by deco users if you had ability to export tracking numbers.

One thing that would really help is if, you allowed us to set variable weights on products. So a gildan 2000 Small weighs X, Medium weighs Y, Large Weighs Z etc etc. and also allow us to enter those weights in Oz not fractions of lbs. The package weight output is useless when it come to actual shipping weights the way it is now. I works OK for determining a estimated shipping cost but when you actually go to ship something you cannot use the weight data that comes out of deco, you still have to weigh everything. Changing this could really help people automate shipping in shipstation.

All I ask is that if you are going to do a full integration, please let me know so I can quit wasting my money creating a version for other deco users to use.

4 years 9 months ago #14742 by jem@sockprints.com
Replied by jem@sockprints.com on topic We are building an integration with Shipstation - You In?
I agree with Cortez... We can already get the information needed from an item export. What is needed is the two-way communication between DecoNetwork and ShipStation. For users who sell on multiple platforms, ShipStation is a one-stop place to handle ALL of our shipping needs. With one click on ShipStation orders from from all platforms are downloaded making shipping fulfillment hassle-free. We are able to do that now except for our DecoNetwork orders where we have to export the orders and then upload them to ShipStation. Once shipping has been fulfilled on ShipStation we have to go back to DecoNetwork and enter tracking information, etc. When this process is automated it will save DecoNetwork users time and money.

The suggestion about changing the unit of measurement from fractions of pounds to ounces is a great one too!

Thanks for asking for feedback.We're thrilled to see some attention heading toward this project! Thank you!

Hayley @sockprints

4 years 9 months ago #14766 by gregp
We are working on adding importing weights per SKU and or size.
This means a manual export will export the exact weight of the SKU ( Of course if vendor data has the weight per sku).

This is part of our overhaul of importing SKU costs, so we can get more accurate costs for products , including case pricing of that is what you use.

In terms of an Integration to shipstation, this will not be done by DECO in the short term. I cant comment on medium long term though.

Cheers,
Greg

4 years 9 months ago #14888 by paradoxsc

gregp wrote: We are working on adding importing weights per SKU and or size.
This means a manual export will export the exact weight of the SKU ( Of course if vendor data has the weight per sku).

This is part of our overhaul of importing SKU costs, so we can get more accurate costs for products , including case pricing of that is what you use.

In terms of an Integration to shipstation, this will not be done by DECO in the short term. I cant comment on medium long term though.

Cheers,
Greg

ShipStation has a team of developers who get things done. And Deconetwork has a lot of users who will, collectively, spend millions on shipping labels per year. Why not pick up the phone or email them about a partnership, royalty deal? Implement it as a paid monthly site add-on. Open up some of your source code to them and let them develop it for you, win-win-win. They develop it to make money, you gain revenue with subscribers and royalties, we get a functioning shipping platform.

Here is a link with a full directory of their executive staff http://www.shipstation.com/about-us/ .You're just two clicks away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jared, sajego, EvaK

4 years 9 months ago #14892 by DigiTees
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is helpful at all but the shipping company we use developed an integration with DecoNetwork for us, free of charge. It pulls the address details through automatically. We still have to select the size of the parcel (I don't trust the Deco system to do this automatically) but then once the label is printed and the shipment picked up, it automatically gets marked as shipped in Deco. It only took them a couple of weeks to set up.

4 years 9 months ago #14893 by Cortez
Just as an update for all of you. We built the integration, and it works wonderfully. However, we never really got much of a commitment from deco users to do this, and with deco showing interest in doing this themselves a few weeks ago we completely dropped the UI that would allow other user to take advantage of this. To be honest, I was worried about this from the get go and while it looks like deco really doesn't plan to integrate any time soon we have made our decision that it is not worth our time to continue creating the interface for other users. These things cost money to support and it's not worth it to us to gamble on the chance you want to pay for that or deco deciding that they will do it themselves.

If you are really interested, I can set you up with the developer who created it and you can work it out with him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jared

4 years 9 months ago #14903 by jem@sockprints.com
Replied by jem@sockprints.com on topic We are building an integration with Shipstation - You In?
We are definitely interested in pursuing this on our own with a developer. Cortez, would you please send us the developer's contact information to explore it further? Thank you!

4 years 8 months ago #15082 by deertrackdesign
Replied by deertrackdesign on topic We are building an integration with Shipstation - You In?
What was the shipping company that helped you with this? I would love to set it up

4 years 5 months ago #15476 by jared
Does anyone have the contact for integrating shipstation with deconetwork so it automatically fills out the label details? Thanks! :)

4 years 5 months ago #15477 by jared
Hi Cortez, I'm very keen to find out how to do this?

4 years 5 months ago #15478 by jared
Hi Greg,

Integration with Shipstation would be very very kwl! Apparently a few deco stores have done it, but if Deco did it it would be much easier for everyone

4 years 5 months ago #15479 by jem@sockprints.com
We have been asking for ShipStation for quite awhile and it would be AWESOME if more Deco users requested it too. VOTE for it here:

www.deconetwork.com/support/ideas/busine...pstation-integration

For those who have built the integration are you selling it to Deco users? We are interested!

4 years 5 months ago #15480 by deertrackdesign
Replied by deertrackdesign on topic We are building an integration with Shipstation - You In?
I would buy it if someone is selling at this point. I am doing a ton of orders and it would make my life a lot easier

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds