× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

SSL Certificate Not Working

2 years 6 months ago #14998 by paradoxsc
SSL Certificate Not Working was created by paradoxsc
So I purchased a "Positive SSL" certificate for my new website from my hosting provider. I did this because I want to add a blog to my deconetwork website. It is marked as "installed" by my hosting provider and there's a certificate I can download which is just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo letters and numbers when I open it, so i don't know what to do at this point. When I go to my site's domain and add http"s" i get an error message in chrome and instead of a green lock in the browser bar its red with an x through it. Needless to say this is not the desired result. Can somebody with experience with this help me? Is there an additional step to make my SSL work with DecoNetwork?
www.paradoxprints.com

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #14999 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
Hey paradoxsc, we do not currently support custom ssl domains. Your secure domain within deconetwork will be *.secure-decoration.com. If you are looking to embed a blog using the external embed option you may or may not require that external blog domain (not your deconetwork domain) to be secure over SSL. Depends on your blog host configuration.

If you are having trouble configuring your external blog embed please submit a support ticket with full details so we can better assist you.

-Cris

2 years 6 months ago #15000 by paradoxsc
Replied by paradoxsc on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
Wow thats a bummer. So I wasted my money.... great. I got the SSL because it was suggested in several other forum threads, "you need SSL certificate to embed an external blog" "DecoNetwork has always required SSL for embedding blogs", etc, Kind of misleading. Plus I heard it's good for google rankings / SEO.

I think DecoNework needs to produce CLEAR instructions for website editing everything A-Z, One liners from mods on the forum are not really cutting it. Every time I want to do something I have to pour through forum threads and blog posts to find random bits of text that contain vague tips, and then stuff like this always happens. :cry:

It's just frustrating having the site point to external servers it makes everything a real pain to edit. I realize that DN must protect its core product so I get it. But there has to be a better way to go about all of this. I see other platforms allow users to do so much more and its infinitely easier and they don't offer up any of their source code, they just create simple ways for users to customize their site. Maybe something DN wants to look at in V8.

2 years 6 months ago #15001 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
Hey paradoxsc, sorry for the misunderstanding. If you're still looking to configure the embedded external page for your DecoNetwork site definitely reach out via the support channels to make sure you can get it setup correctly.

I understand and appreciate your feedback. Your concerns are the same things we are focusing on and you'll start seeing more from us in the areas of instruction/documentation along with some of our major updates coming down the line.

-Cris

2 years 6 months ago #15002 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
This is a known issue, almost two years ago I created an idea for this very thing, cast your vote... who knows they may do it...

www.deconetwork.com/support/ideas/store-...t/10-ssl-certificate

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #15003 by paradoxsc
Replied by paradoxsc on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
Thanks Cris. I will. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to stress that many of us are not web developers and social marketing/SEO experts and don't want to be, We just want a simple all-in-one solution that just works as is, because we are out there printing shirts and working with clients making sales 10-12 hours a day busting our backs, The last thing we want to do is come home after all that and have to learn how to code.

I know you guys are working hard over there as well, and i'm really impressed by the SVG designer so far. I actually found a link and played around with it a bit. Good Job! That is a significant leap forward compared to the current designer.

2 years 6 months ago #15009 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
We had exactly same issue - made worse by the fact that Deco told us to get the SSL certificate & then it doesn't work :angry:

2 years 2 months ago #15630 by Direct Trade UK
Replied by Direct Trade UK on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
Hi DecoNetwork,

If you are thinking about allowing custom SSL domains. Why not integrate with letsencrypt.org
The following user(s) said Thank You: egosketch1

1 year 7 months ago #16876 by egosketch1
Replied by egosketch1 on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
Indeed, please integrate Lets encrypt. Free and flexible and really really neccessary in 2017...

9 months 2 weeks ago #18599 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic SSL Certificate Not Working
Going through old posts and closing and letting anyone reading this know Deco does now support Custom and Free SSL!!

Time to create page: 1.620 seconds