× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

301 redirect from old DN site to new DN site sitewide?

2 years 5 months ago #15005 by paradoxsc
I did what I normally would do and added code to my .htaccess file for a 301 redirect SITE WIDE paradoxsc.com to paradoxprints.com. And nothing happened at all, so i'm manually having people click a button to redirect to the new site, I can't lose all that SEO i worked so hard to get page 1 (local) organic. Do I have to start over? Is there a way to do it all seamlessly? I believe it has all to do with the fact that my site's public root folder has no pages it just redirects to DN servers where the site is actually hosted.

I know there is an option through DN called "URL redirect" but does it work from one DN site to another site-wide? Or do I need to do each individual page?

I should have designed my new site right on top of my old one but I wanted to test it before launching it as well as keep my old store online so I had them both running simultaneously. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #15010 by paradoxsc
ANYONE??

2 years 5 months ago #15011 by ccruz
Hey paradoxsc, could you please raise a support ticket regarding your new site layout? We should be able to assist with getting the main site changed over to your new layout.

Regarding 301 redirects for a previous site, they do have to be done one and within the DecoNetwork system rather than an htaccess file. This would be done using the URL Redirect feature, you'll enter the old URL which is no longer valid and the new DecoNetwork url that the user should be sent to when attempting to access the old URL.

-Cris

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds