× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Responsive CSS help

1 year 6 months ago #15965 by mycompanyapparel
So I've been working on trying to get my site more responsive friendly.

I came across
w3schools.com/CSS/CSS_red_intro.asp
And thought it could help some people try their hand at it. It is for CSS/html so it should work with the site. So far it seems promising. I only have basic html and CSS knowledge.

If I come up with a good enough code ill share it but I can't make promises ?

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #15974 by mycompanyapparel
w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_topnav.asp

How to make the nav responsive.

My only question since I've tried adding this to the site but it doesn't work; do we implement JavaScript into the html code window for the website or do we need to link it?
I haven't worked with Java before but I can learn to jerryrig it xD

I really like deconetwork and I don't want to need to find an outside source or change websites so Im going to try hard in finding out how to make this work :)

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

1 year 6 months ago #15975 by 2LiveCards
I'd wait & not spend a load of time or resource on it, Version 7.5 is "just around the corner" when a lot of the platform will move over to responsive and that will be followed by D8 which will see the designer go responsive too.

Much of what you're doing may require a full rethink any day ................

1 year 6 months ago #15998 by mycompanyapparel
From what Ive seen around the forum its been a very long "just around the corner" (2+ years?) with the whole updating to responsive, so I dont want to hold my breath and just cross my fingers its soon XD boss wants it now

But if anything It will be a quick redo for the update and a huge learning experience :) I have found the CSS/HTML to the Demo store though- so its been going quickly atleast.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #15999 by mycompanyapparel
Speaking of which:

Demo CSS/HTML

Updated CSS

I think that thread should be stickied at least.

I tried to contact Stephen on his Printensity Facebook page but no reply yet. I dont see a demo page thats still active for his code though :/

/EDIT/
old designer CSS inline responsive

1 year 6 months ago #16001 by 2LiveCards

mycompanyapparel wrote: From what Ive seen around the forum its been a very long "just around the corner" (2+ years?) with the whole updating to responsive,

Yes it's been a long wait ;) But we've already seen the responsive front end so we know it's there. Remember, whatever you do now, the designer still won't be responsive!

1 year 6 months ago #16004 by giftswp

mycompanyapparel wrote: From what Ive seen around the forum its been a very long "just around the corner" (2+ years?) with the whole updating to responsive,

Ha, you made me chuckle. :)

Here is the link to get the css code I'm using currently with some modifications of my own.

www.deconetwork.com/forums/general-quest...ptions?start=60#8843

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

1 year 6 months ago #16022 by mycompanyapparel
I wish I understood Javascript better hah- I can't seem to get a sticky top menu to work without destroying the builder :emotionless owell I'll figure it out eventually (hopefully they release the responsive version first :evil: )

@2LiveCards
I somewhat got the designer responsive. I used inline and some css to make the blocks move
Sample Product
So sideways it can work on a phone -somewhat- :D

@giftswp
:sweating: My boss originally got DN setup because he was told it was responsive. I had to give him the bad news heh
Thats pretty much what Im using too- its a good base to alter.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #16023 by giftswp
Yeah, all you can do is re-arrange the blocks around to make it easier to access with a phone, but still is not responsive, when :deco: finally releases their much wanted version 8 it will be a true responsive designer. Remember... is just around the corner. :silly:

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #16024 by Cortez
Here is some pretty significantly modified code for the clean squares theme that you can use until hell freezes over and they release the new mobile versions.

www.dropbox.com/sh/p0engcxz2cejbyn/AAAyX...e2rJzYOM-FQ3oAa?dl=0

Not saying it's perfect, you might need to tweak things based on what you are doing with your store.

It addresses the designer to the fullest extent I could hack it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: logikalcode

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds