× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Option to bypass the designer

2 years 1 day ago #15980 by BayshoreBrands
Option to bypass the designer was created by BayshoreBrands
Does anyone know of a way to bypass the designer and go straight to adding blank items to the cart? Many customers prefer to simply select the item colors, sizes, qtys, imprint colors, etc. and upload artwork during checkout than to be forced into the designer to setup their imprint while others may prefer to use the designer.

Mark Holland
Bayshore Brands
www.bayshorebrands.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 20 hours ago #15981 by Thread Cred
Replied by Thread Cred on topic Option to bypass the designer
G'Day Mark,

From your dashboard go to: pages

Then for each page activate the blank products option in the body section of the page controls.

This aill allow your customer to buy the product blank, but if you want to then have them upload some artwork later or supply it via email you have a pricing issue as the blank product price will have to include decoration and that will cause issues with the decorated price in the front end shop.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, as teh exact question is not clear. We use a lot of work arounds to make the front end logical from the customers POV and this may be one of those cases where you have to figure out a way of tricking DN into doing what you want. Problem is doing so often creates illogical entires (for example for pricing) in the back end.

2 years 20 hours ago #15982 by Thread Cred
Update: I notice from your site (it's a goood one :-) that you are using the product landing page. This is exactly how we constructed our buying funnel and the blank product purchase is handled at this stage.

You can see it here: www.threadcred.clothing
The following user(s) said Thank You: BayshoreBrands

2 years 16 hours ago #15983 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Option to bypass the designer
Your site looks awesome Thread Cred. I am totally jealous.

2 years 15 hours ago #15984 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Option to bypass the designer
The people who say they can't get a great looking deco site need to take a look at this one :up:

2 years 6 hours ago #15987 by DigiTees
Except it doesn't look (to me) like a Deco site. To me it looks like a site made with Divi or something like that, with just parts of Deco like the designer embedded. Is that right Thread Cred?

2 years 5 hours ago #15988 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Option to bypass the designer

DigiTees wrote: Except it doesn't look (to me) like a Deco site. To me it looks like a site made with Divi or something like that, with just parts of Deco like the designer embedded. Is that right Thread Cred?

I believe it is pure Deco with heavily modifications of JS and CSS code, I have seen the Deco versioning on their website that has been removed now via CSS. Very nice website, though.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

2 years 2 hours ago - 2 years 1 hour ago #15989 by Thread Cred

DigiTees wrote: Except it doesn't look (to me) like a Deco site. To me it looks like a site made with Divi or something like that, with just parts of Deco like the designer embedded. Is that right Thread Cred?

Nope, it's 100% pure Deco Network, overlain with a truck load of money, many lines of sneaky side stepping code, and a lot of head scratching to work out how to massage the DN engine into displaying what we wanted. :-)

Edit: Sorry I was not quite accurate there, it's not strictly 100% DN, as the BLOG is using the recently implemented reverse proxy function to incorporate a WP BLOG hosted on a separate domain.

2 years 1 hour ago #15990 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Option to bypass the designer
So, I was right... :relieved:

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

2 years 14 minutes ago #15991 by DigiTees
Well in that case you've done an incredible job! :)

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds