× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

How do you change default text on pages please?

1 year 6 months ago #16842 by btcworkwear
Hello,
I would like to change the text on webpages. I've attached an example ringed in red.
Can someone please advise how I can do this for any page?
Kind Regards,
Alen
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #16845 by JimUMFan
I'm assuming by "change the text" you mean the font, size, or color.

In order to change it, you first need to know what it is. You can do this by right clicking it and clicking "inspect element" to find out whether it's an H1, H2, etc... My guess is that it's an H1.
Once you know what it is, you need to go to your custom CSS in Deco and type in something like this:

h1 {
font-family: fontName;
font-size: 36px;
color: #853ba5;
}

Adding this will change ALL of the H1s on your website. If you only want certain H1s to change, you'd need to be specific in your CSS reference. For example, including an id (#home_index) before the H1.

Hope this helped.

Edit:
It occurred to me that by "change the text" you might also just mean changing what it says.

To do this you also need to know what it is and very specifically how to reference it.
After that, you could write some Javascript inside a <script> tag in the custom HTML page to reference that specific H1 and change the contents of the tag, but I would recommend using jQuery as it's a little bit easier to reference things with.

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #16846 by ccruz
Hey Alen,

The text you highlight in your attachment is actually an image. Specifically it can be disabled or replaced by navigating to Website Pages and configuring the Page image widget on your hope page or other system pages like Create, Products etc.

Thank JimUMFan for jumping in with more advanced options for text changes.

-Cris

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds