× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Certain Pages "zooming out" On Mobile Size Screen

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #17143 by JimUMFan
I've been working on a DecoNetwork webstore for a client and I'm attempting to implement the mobile-first strategy (starting with the mobile design and adding media queries for larger screens). When I go from the home page to the empty shopping cart page or to a product's information page, everything seems to scale down. Is there a way to prevent this or just contain it to the content portion of the page without affecting the header? I can't seem to find what's causing this either.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #17155 by brenden
Hi Jim,

Firstly in DN75 we've made some changes to the checkout process to make it be mobile friendly. Previously it was using tables which were fixed and could be causing the problems you have noted.

Are you running DN75 at the moment?

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #17170 by JimUMFan
No, we're currently on version 7.202

If upgrading would fix that issue I'd be happy to, but I've read that you're waiting until you've fixed some things before you upgrade existing users. What does DN75 break for existing users?

1 year 5 months ago #17173 by ccruz
Hey JimUMFan,

7.5 update does not break anything for existing users. The only change we've done is to move the checkout pages to div layout instead of using tables. I suppose if you wrote custom CSS for the table layout you would need to do some re-writing.

As for the original question, the behavior you describe is due to the viewport tag we set. On most pages we set a viewport tag which makes the page scale to the device with. On mobile, certain pages get a different viewport tag set which takes a minimum width into consideration. This was done as some pages have fixed width elements. I think once we move all clients onto 7.5 we can at least remove this behavior from the checkout pages.

If you want to remove this behavior yourself you can by writing javascript to target the viewport tag by ID and change the content value. NOTE, the designer is pretty fixed width, I would recommend implementing your javascript with an exclusion for the designer page so it doesn't get cropped.

-Cris

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #17182 by JimUMFan
Ahhh, I see. I hadn't even heard of the viewport meta tag until now. That was interesting to learn about. Thanks!

Yeah, I'd love to update to 7.5 if it's possible.

1 year 5 months ago #17183 by ccruz
Cool, we'll get you moved up to 7.5 first thing on Monday

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds