× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

How to remove borders in product listing

7 months 5 days ago #18010 by majaGMP
I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I can't figure it out.

I have a black background for my store, same for product thumbnails. The border around the square of the thumbnail in product listing spoils it all. Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of it?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 5 days ago #18012 by ccruz
Hey majaGMP, it depends which template your site is using as each template has a different style. Do you have a link to your site?

6 months 4 weeks ago #18054 by majaGMP
I'm using "Hub" template. The website is www.wolvesspiritwear.deco-apparel.com/

6 months 4 weeks ago #18055 by ccruz
This is the CSS snippet that would hide the shadow on your products.
.row li.display { box-shadow: none; }

6 months 4 weeks ago #18056 by majaGMP
Yay! Worked. Thank you!

Now... In the product view, would it be possible to hide colour choice and views? (I want to offer one colour and only need one picture per item so those are just distracting)

6 months 4 weeks ago #18057 by ccruz
Hey maja,

Thought it might be worth to show you how you can create the necessary custom CSS to apply desired changes onto your DecoNetwork site. Please check out the linked video.

I also recommend reviewing the CSS selectors reference and properties reference over at w3schools:
www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_selectors.asp
www.w3schools.com/cssref/default.asp

The resulting CSS from the tutorial video is here:
ul#product_views {
    display: none;
}

div#tab_product_details ul.add > li:first-child {
    display: none;
}

-Cris
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, majaGMP

6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #18059 by giftswp
Hey Cris,

I saw the video first, I was wondering who that was. :P

Nice tips, I have never seen anyone doing it on Chrome before, I like the approach and work flow better than Firefox, you should make more videos. :)

Thank you.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

6 months 4 weeks ago #18074 by brenden
It seems FireBug has died... no longer supporting or developing it so Cris' video is perfect!

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

6 months 4 weeks ago #18075 by giftswp
I removed Firebug quite a while ago trying to find a conflict I was having on Firefox, I never installed it back since I started using the dev tools, similar as with Chrome.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds