× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

How to set a custom thumbnail that will disply in Facebook shared links

4 months 4 weeks ago #19161 by tshirtist
When you link to a DecoNetwork site on Facebook, FB usually chooses a less than idea image for the link. There are ways on FB to replace the image, but if a customer shares the link to my site on their own, I can't control the link in their share.

Facebook has a method for specifying a custom image by placing a link to it in the HEAD section of your web page, but I'm unsure how (if at all) this can be done through the DecoNetwork Management interface? I haven't found a way to edit text that shows up in the HEAD section, other than MetaData. Am I missing something obvious?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 2 weeks ago #19427 by TOMMYTSF

tshirtist wrote: When you link to a DecoNetwork site on Facebook, FB usually chooses a less than idea image for the link. There are ways on FB to replace the image, but if a customer shares the link to my site on their own, I can't control the link in their share.

Facebook has a method for specifying a custom image by placing a link to it in the HEAD section of your web page, but I'm unsure how (if at all) this can be done through the DecoNetwork Management interface? I haven't found a way to edit text that shows up in the HEAD section, other than MetaData. Am I missing something obvious?

You can set the image in the head, but FB will then use same image for every page. May be able to write a script to change by page. Definitely can do it in DN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

3 months 3 weeks ago #20027 by tshirtist
How do you set the image in the HEAD?

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds