× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

API .... what can it do.

2 months 2 weeks ago #20225 by screenking
Hello, we keep on being asked to fulfil t-shirt orders from non-deco websites ie; WordPress, Magento, Open Cart etc.

Does the Deconetwork API offer help with this? And if so what can it do?

Or do we need to develop something else non deco dependant to retrieve the work from these other platforms.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #20227 by ccruz
Hey screenking, check out our help article on External Cart Integration. The integration allows linking to a deconetwork product but once added to cart, the external ecommerce platform will process the checkout and take payment.

help.deconetwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002700173

-Cris

2 months 2 weeks ago #20228 by DigiTees
Hi Cris, I've read the article but would you mind explaining how it works?

Eg my customer (Sally) has a Shopify store that they sell other products on eg shoes.
They need to create a Deco affiliate store for the apparel products they want to sell.
They then get a developer to create the External Cart integration connecting the Shopify store and their Deco affiliate site.

Their customer (Dave) orders from the Shopify store, one pair of shoes and one Deco t-shirt.
The payment is processed via the Shopify store to my customer.

The order for the t-shirt is sent to the affiliate store for fulfilment by us.
But how does the payment part to us work? Does the order get sent to Sally to send out or direct to Dave?

Thanks,
Niki

2 months 1 week ago #20232 by ccruz
Hey Niki,

The API is developed more with the external site and the DecoNetwork filfillment being the same entity. It does not handle payment from one to the other. If in your case you are offering this to another business you would need to work out receiving payment from them.

The step by step of how it works is under Workflow in the linked article. Essentially the end user is adding DecoNetwork products to the cart of the ecommerce page they are shipping from. In your Business Hub, you will receive an order containing only the DecoNetwork items of the submitted order to fulfill.

The order would be from the end consumer not from the store so you would be filfilling directly to the consumer.

-Cris

2 months 1 week ago #20233 by DigiTees
Thanks for the explanation Cris.

I think Screenking and I were asking the same thing - it's not us that want to set up Shopify and Woo sites, but our customers who want to add Deco Products to their existing Shopify etc sites and have the orders automatically passed through to us.

At the moment once they receive an order through their Shopify site, they then need to place the order with us manually and pay.

So the API would work in this case to automatically receive the order but we would need to manually request payment?

Has anyone out there managed to get an automatic integration including payment happening with Shopify etc?

Thanks
Niki
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

2 months 1 week ago #20263 by screenking
Hi, we have looked into creating plugins for Woocommerce & Shopify but did not want to managed multiple backends for Deco, Woo & Shopify.

Deco has everything needed for a Fulfillment plug-in and needs a way for other platform users to create products with the deco designer and platform, snyc those products with the Woo & Shopify stores so when a sale is made orders and our part of the order payment comes to ourselves. Then we can post the t-shirt part of the customer order on to the customer direct.

There must be a way to do it but when you approach developers the whole deco side of things stops the progression as they want to create their own backends to manage the orders for the plugins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

2 months 1 week ago #20307 by sajego
We're hugely interested in a Shopify plugin that works with Deco.
Off the shelf would be great but if you find a developer that could work. Like Printful. I'm sure they have a custom back end though.

Vote on these topics!
www.deconetwork.com/ideas?filter_search=...ory=0&filter_status=

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiTees

2 months 1 week ago #20356 by screenking
Hello Cris,

I suppose my question will be, is it possible to use our Deco site or affiliate sites for the purpose of syncing/taking orders from Shopify app we would have created?

Would it need a customer creating an account as an affiliate with us, creating products, somehow a developer can make something to enable syncing their deco products with their shopify store?

Also most shopify fulfillment apps have a website that the customer creates and account on and adds credit for the shopify orders produced by the fulfillment company via the shopify app.

Is deco flexible for this or do we need to create a website for the sole purpose of the shopify app that is not on the deco platform.

2 months 1 week ago #20359 by ccruz

Would it need a customer creating an account as an affiliate with us, creating products, somehow a developer can make something to enable syncing their deco products with their shopify store?

Yes, that's about right for what is required. The products must be on DecoNetwork and the external site links to them for customizing/adding to cart.

Also most shopify fulfillment apps have a website that the customer creates and account on and adds credit for the shopify orders produced by the fulfillment company via the shopify app. Is deco flexible for this or do we need to create a website for the sole purpose of the shopify app that is not on the deco platform.

Not familiar enough with this to say for sure but it sounds outside of the scope of DecoNetwork sites. Probably would require a separate site.

-Cris

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds