× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Can’t add a new store that belongs to me

2 months 5 days ago #21093 by akbluemoose
Can’t add a new store that belongs to me was created by akbluemoose
I’m new to Deco so this is likely something I am doing wrong. I am trying to add a new store that belongs to me. When I do this it is still prompting my for a username, password, and email. It does this wether “this site belongs to me” or “this site belongs to someone else” is checked. Do I really need a different username and password for each on of my sites? I would prefer to only need to remember one login.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 days ago #21096 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Can’t add a new store that belongs to me
Yeah it's a bit of a silly one, I use the same password but alter the site name to include the name being used.

2 months 3 days ago #21097 by akbluemoose
Replied by akbluemoose on topic Can’t add a new store that belongs to me
So what is the difference in selecting the option on who the site belongs to? If you select that it is your site and go through all of the steps to finish setting it up it doesn’t even mark it as one of your sites. Also it wants you to use a subdomain and doesn’t give you the option to use a TLD on it. How do you make it so you have www.site1.com as you primary website and www.site2.com as your second?

2 months 2 days ago #21101 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Can’t add a new store that belongs to me
Think you need to contact support - it might be something in the package you're signed up on.

In website link our clearly show as being run by us.

2 months 2 days ago #21103 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Can’t add a new store that belongs to me
Hey akbluemoose, every store must have a store owner account created regardless if it is operated by you or not (admin accounts can change and even be deleted but store owner account stays with the store). All stores must also choose a default store domain, custom domains can be added later via Domain Settings (default domain will be a backup in case a custom domain is removed).

The option belongs to me or someone else only determines whether the store would attempt automatic commission payouts via paypal or not.

The stores list differentiates between stores by using a darker gray on stores owned/operated by you.

-Cris
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds