× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

Secure affiliate sites

2 months 4 weeks ago #21202 by 2LiveCards
Secure affiliate sites was created by 2LiveCards
The current situation where affiliate stores cannot be covered by the wildcard ssl when displayed as a chosen domain isn't good enough!

I don't want all of my affiliates on secure-decoration. com (play customer - who's that??)

I don't want the additional burden of purchasing & financing domains for every store

I don't want the stores out there on http:

What are you going to do to fix it? DN8 has stopped all required work "forever" it's time to sort the stuff we've all been waiting for out now............

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #21203 by MSGINC89
Replied by MSGINC89 on topic Secure affiliate sites
YES!! I was just coming to say this, I can't have my customers think that their information is not safe when they shop with me.

Kristine
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2LiveCards

2 months 3 weeks ago #21212 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Secure affiliate sites
Hey guys, before addressing both scenarios raised here, important to note that ALL DecoNetwork sites communicate securely when necessary over the secure-decoration.com domain. This is usually when submitting a form (login) or during the entire checkout process. Our system has always dynamically switched domains when needed.

Entire site SSL is something we've recently enabled however it's currently limited to custom domains added directly to the site. When looking at SSL for global domains we begin to run into complications and limitations. We hear you on this and hope to add some functionality for this down the line.

In the meantime you can enable SSL by adding your desired domain as a custom domain into each affiliate store. I would recommend leaving the system domain set to use one of the deco-* ones. Here's a quick video showing how to switch your affiliate store domain to not be global one allowing you to enable SSL.

-Cris

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds