× Got a CSS, HTML or webdesign question? Ask it here!

H2 tag added to template breaks the product description

2 months 4 weeks ago #21865 by sarahk
I know I can fix this using css but it seems more appropriate to fix the template but I can't see how.

When I visit  missionday19.secure-decoration.com/shop/product/10847392 the size of the links and lists get mucked about. This is because the templates all open an H2 tag at the beginning of the description and the editor doesn't let me close it and the browser doesn't compensate - because clearly <H2><P> is broken and it could help out.

I've changed the theme and each theme seems to use the same "view" or "element" for displaying that portion of the page within the full template. If I use Chrome Developer Tools and remove the <h2> the text then looks as it should.

What we get now:

What we expected to get: 

So, how do we edit the "view" or "element" to remove the malformed html?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #21866 by ccruz
Welcome to the forum Sarah!

The issue you mention here is fixed in out next update 8.009 which is due out this week so won't really be an issue much longer. We now wrap the description in a div element rather than h2 :)

-Cris
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarahk

2 months 4 weeks ago #21867 by sarahk
awesome @ccruz - is there an auto-update feature (à la WordPress) or do I have to lean on the printing company we're using to update?

FWIW: v8.008, Build 5289715

2 months 3 weeks ago #21870 by ccruz
Our updates apply automatically once released; nothing for you to do on your end. The update should be pushed out in the next couple days.

-Cris
The following user(s) said Thank You: adamp, sarahk

2 months 3 weeks ago #21879 by sarahk
I'm very impressed, my site is updated already. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregp

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds