× DecoNetwork version 8 beta.

Eye Dropper Color Selection Tool Missing in DN8

8 months 2 weeks ago #19244 by mbiadmin
DN 7.5 currently has the ability to use an eye dropper for color selection on both the product detail screen (for pre-decorated products using templates) and in the full designer (see attached screen shot). Because we are doing DN8 testing with an affiliate store and can't see the global admin settings, is this feature just not currently enabled in the admin (as I think we had to check a box in DN 7.5 to enable that feature) or is it missing in DN8? If it's missing, will this feature be re-implemented prior to the the official DN8 production release?

Our complex product templates rely heavily on this feature to make them user friendly and we need to make sure that is will still be available in DN8 when it goes into full production release.

Thanks,

Troy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 6 days ago #19451 by mbiadmin
Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy

8 months 6 days ago #19452 by gregp
Sorry ,
forgot to comment on this one..
It is sitting with our dev team at the moment , and when I get some solid answer on when it can be added , I will let you know straight away!

cheers,
Greg

8 months 6 days ago #19453 by mbiadmin
No worries. Thanks for the update Greg. Just wanted to make sure it didn't accidentally get overlooked since it's really critical functionality for us.

Thanks again!

Troy
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregp

8 months 5 days ago #19474 by gregp
Just letting you know this one has now been added :)

8 months 5 days ago - 8 months 5 days ago #19486 by mbiadmin
Thanks for the update Greg. That's awesome news! I was playing around with the eyedropper color selector and noticed that it doesn't quite work the same as it did in DN 7.5.

In v7.5 the eyedropper tool actually changes the live preview of the object being recolored so you can immediately see how the text (or whatever you are recoloring) looks with whatever color the eyedropper is hovering over so object color changes as you hover over different colors. In v8 the eyedropper only changes the color swatch in the color dialog and you have to actually click on the color to get the object in the live preview to update. This makes it difficult to see how the color will look in relation to the other objects in the live preview and makes it more difficult to try different color quickly.

If you try it on this photo-based product in v7.5 ( mbi.secure-decoration.com/shop/view_prod...type=0&n=9487728&o=0 ) you can see how nice it is to recolor the various objects using colors from the photo and how you can quickly try various colors in the photo to see what looks good in the live preview.

It's a huge step but really needs to work like it did in v7.5. Good progress though!

One other observation is that it's somewhat confusing when the object color swatches don't correlate with the object thumbnails (see attached screen shot). Is it possible to have the thumbnail graphics update with the new color as well as the live preview?

Thanks,

Troy
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOMMYTSF

7 months 2 weeks ago #20103 by mbiadmin
Hi Greg,

Just checking to see if the rest of the functionality (real-time live hover color preview) of the eye dropper tool will be added back in to DN8 as noted in the previous post? We would love to move over to the new platform but have to wait until the core functionality that was existed in DN 7.5 has been replicated in DN8.

Thanks,

Troy

7 months 1 week ago #20109 by gregp
Hey,

I will see what I can do here.
I cant promise though this one will be back in in the very short term. I am pushing though.

Cheersm
Greg

4 months 1 week ago #21221 by mbiadmin
Hi Greg,

I wanted to touch base and see where things are at with getting the eyedropper functionality that was in v7.5 back in v8 with regard to the live color preview noted earlier in this post? Not having it is making it very difficult to move forward as we really need it for a good customer experience and it is invaluable when designing templates and creating pre-decorated products as it saves a LOT of time making color selections when you can see the color updating on the element you are editing in real-time as you hover the color picker over various colors in a photo. It is an unbearably tedious process without it given the number of templates we need to create.

Let me know when this feature will be available again as it was one of the main reasons we originally signed up for DN a year and a half ago. It's frustrating to loose critical capabilities that were working great in the previous version.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Troy

4 months 1 week ago #21224 by gregp
Hey Troy,

I have some godo news on thsi fornt and our guys have been working on it.
I am about 70% sure it wil be in the next release , 8.004.

I am more than happy to move you up and help us test it out :)

Cheers,
Greg

4 months 1 week ago #21235 by mbiadmin
Hi Greg,

That's great news. Can you confirm that the live object color preview functionality will be available in the SVG designer and the decorated product designer in the admin back-end, as well as the client-facing "pre-designer" and full designer on the front-end? I need to make sure that it will be available across all of the designer implementations before we make the move from 7.5 to 8.

Once that is confirmed, I think we be at a point where we can consider migrating to the new platform. Let me know...

Thanks,

Troy

4 months 1 week ago #21255 by gregp
Hi Troy,

Have a play for yourself :) - dn8betafc.secure-decoration.com/shop/product/10061522

btw , sneak peak of new theme :)

Cheers,
Greg

4 months 1 week ago #21260 by mbiadmin
Hi Greg,

I gave it a try and it works great! You don't know how big a deal it is to have that functionality back. It makes creating awesome looking templates and designs SO much quicker and easier and is much more intuitive for end users as well. Thanks!

Can you confirm that the eyedropper functionality with the live object color preview also works in the back end SVG designer as well as the decorated product designer? Let me know and I'll get back to you about getting us migrated to v8 as soon as the release update with the fix has been put in production.

Thanks again.

Troy

4 months 1 week ago #21265 by gregp
Tested and works in the Decorated product builder as well :)

Cheers,
Greg

4 months 1 week ago #21268 by mbiadmin
Hi Greg,

Thanks for confirming that. I went back and looked at our open trouble tickets on v7.5 and I think that we are now in a place where it is feasible to make the move to v8. It looks like the v8 affiliate store we were testing on has been updated to v8.004 already so, as long as that release is live now, please go ahead and migrate us from v7.5 to v8.

We are really looking forward to being able to finally bring some new product lines to market with the new DN 8 platform. Let me know if you need anything else from me to make the migration to v8 happen.

Also, once the migration is complete, will we begin using trouble tickets again through the back-end for all issues rather than the forum?

Thanks again!

Troy

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds