× DecoNetwork version 8 beta.

Blog function

3 weeks 6 days ago #20923 by DigiTees
Hi Greg, does the old Blog workaround still work with DN8? Ie embedding Wordpress and using nofollow etc?

Or is there a new Blog function coming soon ? :) :)

Niki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 6 days ago #20924 by DigiTees

3 weeks 6 days ago #20925 by gregp
Hi,

We havent re-coded this solution into DN8.
We were waiting for demand first.. The end goal is to create a blog function into Deco , however embed option is much quicker..

Anyone else reading this use the blog function avail in 7..?

Cheers,
Greg

3 weeks 6 days ago #20930 by 2LiveCards
Yes and it's still a nightmare............. We keep having issues with the redirects / masks & now we can't get wordpress to understand that there is an ssl certificate on the site.......

A proper fix is required somewhere

3 weeks 5 days ago #20948 by gregp
Hi,

Do you have a support ticket for this one..?
If so , whats the number..? Ill dive in and take alooksy for you and see what I can sort out... or the developers anyway..

Cheres,
Greg

1 week 6 days ago #21071 by RaymondoBoss
Just revisited this discussion as I have been trying to get the blog function to work again after putting a different wildcard SSL certificate onto both the root domain and the blog subdomain. www.stitchandprint.co.uk/ and www.stitchandprint.co.uk/blog/ .

The blog displays as being in the sub folder, but is hosted in the blog.stitchandprint subdomain and uses the described reverse proxy arrangement to serve the blog content up in the sub folder to enhance the SEO value a bit. This was working fine despite various teething troubles and we were able to access the wordpress back end, create new posts and edit old ones.

Since we renewed the expiring simple ssl certificate and upgraded it to a wildcard certificate to include the blog as well, we seem to have had nothing but trouble. We are back to the situation where wordpress is giving errors when we launch it. When it does open, it says there is no SSL certificate - when there is. On opening the post editor, the editing panel is completely blank. I believe the website is still running on version 7 of Deconetwork and I am unsure why this change has happened.

1 week 6 days ago #21072 by RaymondoBoss
In addition have had an outside guy look at this. For us it seems to be a DNS conflict because our blog is hosted on a subdomain of the primary domain we've mapped to the deconetwork servers while the blog is hosted on our own hosting company's servers!

1 week 4 days ago #21082 by gregp
Hi,

I am getting one of my guys to look into this , will update back here when I get an answer,

Cheers,
Greg

1 week 4 days ago #21086 by RaymondoBoss
I think the problem is occurring because the blog is running from a sub-domain of the custom domain that we are using to brand the deconetwork backend. Will test today and let you know.

1 week 3 days ago #21089 by gregp
Hi,

This as response from ou developer , without seeing your last comment... as you can tell we are little confused.. haha

"Im a bit confused as well.
I have added an extra content re-write rule from " blog.stitchandprint.co.uk/ " -> "/blog/" so javascripts load correctly... this was not (i think) the issue raised...

It seems to be that the customer cannot get wordpress to use their wildcard cert... is that correct?
If so, this would be oin wordpress end not decos?

As far as I can see the embedding of the blog appears to be working correctly."

Let me know if we are off the mark here and going down the wrong path.. just wantto make sure its up and running for you.

Cheers,
Greg

1 week 3 days ago #21090 by RaymondoBoss
Hi Greg,
Not sure what you are seeing, but the blog displays correctly to a visitor, but now the backend is inaccessible.
Error connecting to blog.stitchandprint.co.uk/wp-admin/ : execution expired

1 week 3 days ago #21091 by RaymondoBoss
Update, backend now accessible - have you done anything at the deconetwork end?

1 week 1 hour ago #21099 by RaymondoBoss
Thanks for resetting the javascript rewrite, but it didn't really solve anything.
I migrated the blog content to another domain completely and backend is now working fine. It would seem that the old setup, with the blog on a subdomain of the main site, is no longer viable. Having tested the new arrangement on a spare domain of mine, I will check with Richard that he's happy and migrate it to one of his spare domains, once hosting is created for it.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds