× DecoNetwork version 8 beta.

SEO issues

2 months 2 days ago #21109 by DigiTees
SEO issues was created by DigiTees
Hi Greg,

I'm just going through and tidying up the SEO on my site. The default forms are putting in two blank lines of H1 and the main headings are H2. See attached.

Is there any way to fix those up please?

Thanks
Niki
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 days ago - 2 months 2 days ago #21110 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic SEO issues
Hey Niki,

I think this is more an issue of the tool you are using to review your headings. If you look at the source code of your page, there are no spaces in the tag being added. :)

Couple examples:
<h2 class="dn-styled dn-sized">Join our VIP Club for sales and specials</h2>
<h2 class="dn-styled dn-sized">Need Help</h2>

In regards to the H1 tag, for pages that don't have a user added H1 tag, we use the logo as your H1. The tool you're using doesn't render the image however search engines will look at the alt tag of your logo which is the store name.

There are two because we embed one logo for desktop and one for mobile. Your tool isn't taking that into consideration but a search engine will only see one as we only display one at a time based on screen size.

-Cris

2 months 2 days ago #21111 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic SEO issues
Thanks Cris. I just viewed the source code for the Request A Quote page and the main heading is H2 - my point was that H2 seems to be the default setting for the default pages - eg Request a Quote, Contact Us, and it doesn't seem possible to edit this anywhere. Is that possible?
Attachments:

2 months 2 days ago #21114 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic SEO issues
Only way would be to add your own h1 tag using the heading widget. Once an h1 tag already exists on the page, we will no longer use the logo as the h1 tag.

I think the reason we have those as h2 tags is for flexibility as it allow users to set a custom h1 using a dropped in heading widget if they wish.

The default header on the contact page can be easily removed by editing the form setting and clearing out the heading value. The request a quote page doesn't have that option you can hide it with css for now.
.dn-request-quote-content h2 {
    display: none;
}

2 months 2 days ago #21115 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic SEO issues
Fab thanks Cris.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds