Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Into DTG digital printing? Chat here!

Anyone here using the Neoflex?

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #9689 by Cortez
Anyone here using the Neoflex? was created by Cortez
A quick question for all you DTG users, I've been researching the available DTG models for some time now and I'm intrigued by the Neoflex. Does anyone here use one and if so what are the upsides/downsides. I need to make my decision by 12/31 so the clock is ticking. The other models I've looked at are the Brother GT-361/381, The DTG Viper, Viper 2 and M2. Any opinions and experiences welcome! I would really like to know what is working well with Deco too!

Thanks a million, Cortez
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #9693 by garmentdecor
Replied by garmentdecor on topic Anyone her using the Neoflex?
We have a neoflex machine and we absolutely love it. There is quite a learning curve so I would practice, practice, practice. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND investing into the viperone for your pretreatment machine or better. Do NOT go with the "wagner" for your pretreating...you will pull all of your hair out!!

Upsides:
  1. Can print up to three t-shirts at a time. This can be three different designs or the same design
  2. In regards to black t-shirts, the problem with printing one t-shirt at a time is the machine lays down a white base before printing the color on top. When you are printing one t-shirt a time, there is not enough time for the white base to dry. When the white base doesn't dry, the color on top mushes in with the white base and messes up the t-shirt. Because of this, we tend to ONLY print 2-3 t-shirts at a time. (We have the demand to allow for this). When we do print one t-shirt at a time, we print the white underbase, pause the machine for a minute or two, and then allow it to continue printing after the white base has dried. You will face this problem if you purchase a machine that only can print one t-shirt at a time
  3. The colors come out super vibrant.

4. Downsides
  1. The learning curve
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego, Cortez

5 years 11 months ago #9703 by MSGINC89
Replied by MSGINC89 on topic Anyone her using the Neoflex?
We have the NeoFlex, and it prints great but it is a lot of work. I'm the only one that runs it, and I have about 100 other things to do in a day so it's a bit of a troublemaker for me - as would any other printer with white ink that isn't getting enough action!

As with any DTG, go to training, work with it every single day. Print SOMETHING with white ink, even if it's a white square on a black shirt.

Kristine
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego, Cortez

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds