Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Into DTG digital printing? Chat here!

One Combine Price list for DTG and Screen; listed un DTG

5 years 1 month ago #12611 by LCDPro
So I came up with a combine all inclusive price list for DTG and Screen, I was wondering if it was a crazy idea to use it on my deco network site!

I am checking out DecoNetwork on a trial basis right now...but am liking what I'm see so far.

Attached is a screenshot of the area #1 price list...orange would be DTG'ed, prices in white would be screen printed (if I'm in the mood...may still DTG but either way the pay the lower price!)

We have two DTG Printers and a six color manual so I'd be looking to contract out any crazy large multicolor jobs.

Would my combine price list idea work? Who else do customer or the system decide when to do screen vs. DTG?

Thanks,
Rob (a Newbie)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #12739 by speedyny
I think you should call companies around you and see what they charge. Here is my DTG Price chart. I do wholesale and Retail
Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #12769 by thinkshirt

LCDPro wrote: So I came up with a combine all inclusive price list for DTG and Screen, I was wondering if it was a crazy idea to use it on my deco network site!

I am checking out DecoNetwork on a trial basis right now...but am liking what I'm see so far.

Attached is a screenshot of the area #1 price list...orange would be DTG'ed, prices in white would be screen printed (if I'm in the mood...may still DTG but either way the pay the lower price!)

We have two DTG Printers and a six color manual so I'd be looking to contract out any crazy large multicolor jobs.

Would my combine price list idea work? Who else do customer or the system decide when to do screen vs. DTG?

Thanks,
Rob (a Newbie)

Hi Rob! Welcome to DecoNetwork!

You could program your price list into DecoNetwork but it won't really "automatically" choose DTG or screenprinting. Just load it in for screenprinting and you can rename screenprinting to just printing. When the customer chooses a color count and quantity it would choose the price from your list based on that and you can decide which print method you want to use. You would want to disclose this information to your customers so they know what they're getting.

5 years 1 month ago #12770 by LCDPro

thinkshirt wrote:

LCDPro wrote: So I came up with a combine all inclusive price list for DTG and Screen, I was wondering if it was a crazy idea to use it on my deco network site!

Thanks,
Rob (a Newbie)

You could program your price list into DecoNetwork but it won't really "automatically" choose DTG or screenprinting. Just load it in for screenprinting and you can rename screenprinting to just printing. When the customer chooses a color count and quantity it would choose the price from your list based on that and you can decide which print method you want to use. You would want to disclose this information to your customers so they know what they're getting.

I was thinking about doing that but the screen printing pricing section doesn't have an option for "Full Color" so how do I address all the full color DTG prints?

I tried naming DTG (1 - 35) and screen printing (36+) but that's really cumbersome also...it gets confusing within the design studio if you click on the wrong section it asks in the image is for 1-35 or 36+

-Rob

5 years 1 month ago #12772 by thinkshirt

LCDPro wrote:

thinkshirt wrote:

Thanks,
Rob (a Newbie)

I was thinking about doing that but the screen printing pricing section doesn't have an option for "Full Color" so how do I address all the full color DTG prints?

I tried naming DTG (1 - 35) and screen printing (36+) but that's really cumbersome also...it gets confusing within the design studio if you click on the wrong section it asks in the image is for 1-35 or 36+

-Rob

Currently there is no way around it. If you're doing the skinning for your site (HTML + CSS) you can add a message that says choose 10 colors for full color designs or something along those lines. There are other ways of adding this message that doesn't require knowledge of HTML or CSS but it might not be as apparent. When we had our design tool active (we currently have it offline) we used to separate our products and have a no-minimum DTG category. That made it easier to manage for us.

Realistically how much screenprinting do you see yourself doing? The design tool is MUCH better for DTG at the moment since screen printing would require automatic color recognition which has been coming soon since we signed up which was well over 2 years ago :( . There's a DecoNetwork user that also does quantity breaks only and you can have an unlimited number of colors. So he would do regular screen printing for 1 job and a full color print for another, charge the same and it would even out that way.

By the way, what your store name. We can send our orders to you via Deco now :)

4 years 1 month ago #15707 by justmarkie
This can be set up for # of colors defaults to screen or dtg, also with qty.

settings / screenprinting / screen printing rules / from here you can set min qty and max colors. You would do the same for DTG

Hope this helps

Mark

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds